Options

Relationships and marriage..........Knight in shinning armour?

Comments

• Options

What a bizarre thread?????????  image

So... to sum up... you think men should pay for everything and do all the work because you can get up the duff and are the one to pop 'em out??? image

If you disclose those wonderful ideas on a first date, there might be your answer to why you're still single?

• Options

Keeping a house clean and tidy and everthing running smoothly in a home is very hard work.

Housewives work hard too.

House and garden need attention.

And everything else. Bank accounts, family holidays.

Someone ask here, what is the point of a woman staying home all day?

Well, the reason of a woman looking after the houser is so that when the husband comes in from work he can realx and not having to start cleaning and working in the house.

While he is working outside, she is working inside.

One of the main arguments I had with my ex, was when we both came home from work, he went to sit in the sofa and obviously i was like "Excuse me! what you think you're doing? We have to work at home now, the floor needs mopping, the b athroom cleaning and the clothes ironing..............so lets both do it"

he was not happy to share housework, so why would i be happy to go out to work?

I gave him  an ultimatum: either we both work outside and then inside every day. Or he works outside or i work inside.

• Options
    Thanks! image I can't click on that link at the moment as I'm at work, but I will check it out later with my credit card on stand by.
  • Options

Fatima, I think you may struggle a little to find many men (or women) who share your views. image

• Options
    FL - the view that a woman should stay at home, look after the kids and expect to be supported is not the norm anymore. As others have said, who does what in relationship, be it housework or raising the children, is decided by practicalities, not by outdated ideas of a woman's place is in the home. Of an extensive circle of friends and family who have children, I only know one woman who has given up her career to stay at home and raise the family. The rest of the women work, with varying degrees of enthusiasm. I can't say I know of a single woman who believes she has a divine right to stay at home and be kept because she's had children. Well, there was one, but she was my Nana and she also didn't believe women should have the vote.
  • Options
    Tosses a coin.............Is it Karen Samuel or is it Devoted to Distance? Or are they all the same person?
  • Options
    CD - Fatima's been around for a while, but I'm definitely getting a whiff of troll from one of the posters on this thread.
  • Options
    Fatima Luna wrote (see)
    One of the main arguments I had with my ex, was when we both came home from work, he went to sit in the sofa and obviously i was like "Excuse me! what you think you're doing? We have to work at home now, the floor needs mopping, the b athroom cleaning and the clothes ironing..............so lets both do it"

I thought you said he refused to work and just sat around and sponged off you?

As for the rest of the tosh in that post.......anyone got a spare can opener?

• Options

Scary image

Beware the tick list woman.......

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I quite agree with Fatima that if both people work then both should share the household chores - that''s down to the individuals, and if her husband wouldn't do his bit then he was a lazy git .

However, I do dispute that housework, gardening, arranging holidays and paying bills is hard work!  I do all those things and work full time and still have plenty of free time.

I think Fatima is trying to make staying at home sound like a real job image

• Options

This is tough... is Fatima a troll or has she slipped through a wormhole from 1950s small town America?

• Options

Why can you only have a clean house and paid bills if one of you is at home sponging off the other??  Our house is clean, the bills are all paid and 95% of the evening meals are made from scratch...we both work full time and I train most nights... it's not partcularly hard to do.

The problem as far as I can see it is that you're trying to live in 1950 when in reality times have changed... a womans place isn't chained to the kitchen sink anymore... and the majority of men don't expect it to be that way.

I'm old fashioned in that I like Mr CS to do some of the more typically male chores... emptying the bins, checking the oil etc. but then again I'm perfectly capable of doing them myself.  We take a joint role in the household chores although the cooking is mainly left to me but that is only because it's not Mr CS strong point. 

• Options
    Is this thread for real or just another wind up? From her writing style Fatima sounds 'foreign' anyway, so perhaps she was originally a Thai bride? image
  • Options

We both work - well, we do when Pink isn't on maternity leave.

We have a clean house - because we have a cleaner.

All the bills are paid - by direct debit so we don't have to do anything.

Most evening meals are made from scratch - okay, one thing we do actually have to do, although Tesco delivers the groceries once a week image 

• Options
    Depends on your circumstances. Being a housewife living in an interesting part of the country is fun.Great if you have some money and a car. Wouldn't want to be a housewife in Middlesborough with no money.
  • Options
    Fatima, if you are beautiful, can be a splendid hostess and can turn a few good tricks in the bedroom, then you may snag yourself a merchant banker. You just need to get yourself into the right scoial set or onto sugarddy.com. Beware though that although you will be well cared for, your husband will play away regularly and once the children are shipped off to boarding school, you'll be very bored and either start drinking heavily or have an affair with the gardener. Probably both. You may even get hooked on ADs, tranquillisers and sleeping pills. When the kids are teens, your husband will decide it's time to upgrade to trophywife mkII or III and you be left alone and realise that maybe you took the wrong turn earlier on. But good luck.

Oh and welcome back Rickster.
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    One-eyed undertaker wrote (see)

Suffering 9mths of pregnancy!...Some of you only know you're pregnant for half of it, and it aint suffering. It's sat on your arse eating chocolates.

Some women

LOL!  (I'm pregnant at the moment - hormones must be affecting my sense of humour......)

• Options

Fatima is obviously on a running forum as too many of her prospective mates have found the need to run away, run away as fast as they can...

She's after tips to catch them. I'm hoping they've all been in serious training and can escape. image

• Options
    Isn't it time you got off your fat arse, went home and started the cooking M.ister W? Then there's all the other chores you need to do!! Go on, shift you lazy toad!! image
  • Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    Wilkie wrote (see)

Judging from Fatima's post about her ex-husband, she did NOT take the same view as you Caz.

I've never wanted to be a housewife (although not working has appeal!).   I wouldn't want to be dependent on someone else.  Circumstances can force it on you, but I wouldn't choose it.

The only way I could stay at home would be with a nice lottery win!

My point was that we don't always get what we want (or think that we want) in life, so we need to be flexible.  Circumstances change and I would be very reluctant to chose a partner that thought that their role in life was fixed.  If I needed Hubby to give up work for me then he would, and therefore I am willing (on a temporary basis, for as long as it is needed) to give up what I enjoy for him.

As for kids, what about adoption?  That way neither of you has to put up with the inconvenience of birth and you are also helping out a child that is in need of love.

• Options
    BDB, I just read that as 'Fatima, if you are beautiful, can be a splendid hamster.........' image
  • Options
    KK, so is it really that MEN can't do anything right?!!!
  • Options
    Saffy - that's just odd image
  • Options
    Badly Drawn Bloke wrote (see)
    Saffy - that's just odd image
    Maybe, cos I'm a tabby cat, I think about hamsters too often *shrugs*