Options

The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• Options
    m6's- yes, i posted about them, You were proabably away. I did two and they were brilliant. Great West Fell race and the Sticklepath Horseshoe. Good races and really enjoyed recce'ing them, gave an added dimension to my holiday, not run on Dartmoor before, incredibly, but I have to say, it is a great environment for it.
  • Options

DAz - you must be the only person not on film there.

Sunday morning, post mouse house party run. Anyone fancy a bimble around the hills, nothing to hard for those MWWing on sat morning.

• Options

Mowgi + PGirl are planning to shake a leg on Sat Evening -

PG has moved on from Running and is partaking in Poynton Show on Sat - so she may be late, ...............shold she win the flower arranging, cake baking and serene Photography sections.

At  80p an entry it is a bit cheaper than  the Great North Run - so perhaps that is the appeal ! 

(Although Minnie's Mouse probabaly fully understands the chubby Cake appeal !)

• Options

I'm now 30/70 for tomorrows run. Made a schoolboy error last week and ended up with a patch of raw skin the size of a 50p under my foot after last weeks long run. Had been hoping it would be okay by now but it is still bleeding and raw but only the size of a 5p !

Could I patch it up with gauze and micropore tape ? I'm worried about splitting the skin around it and being off for longer. I knew the Chester training was going too well image

If I don't run tomorrow I might be okay for Sunday TST.

M6's - what time tomorrow ? Do I need to tell you that Sarah is a veggie ?

• Options
    well done Daz

boohoo DB (())

MTBB - hope the blister heels soon!

TST - would love to but am in NI for the lakeland warrior..50K of wildneress running out in Co Fermanagh..cant wait image

M6s - have a great party image
  • Options

MTBB-Compeed, works every time image.

JS-good luck for later. Erm, every Wed. 7pm, (for runners), they do an "Injury prevention and strengthening" session

Mrs Sensible (as in my middle name)-have you run yet?image

Hi Paulaimage

Minnie-did you get my e-mai re. tomorrow night? oh, back to school shortlyimage

• Options

I tried doing one of the "injury prevention" exercises from a recent RW feature - ricked my knee - took a couple of days to get right again - shan't be doing that again!

• Options

clairster - Good Luck over in norn iron - sounds like a cracker! image

mort - have you gone to Guernsey yet? if not, Good Luck! image

I think mort said she was thinking of doing Ashbourne Half - that can't be right, surely she wouldn't want to miss Coombs Tor!

RACE LIST

Sun 28 Aug - Guernsey Marathon or part thereof- mort
    Sat 03 Sep - Bullock Smithy - NI, Jonah, Eric
    Sat 03 Sep - Peris Horseshoe - Daz
    Sun 04 Sep - Tameside 10K - Kwaka
    Sun 11 Sep - Lake Vyrnwy Half- GBM, PPP, Funk, Eric?, FOAR, JMC
    Sun 11 Sep - Coombs Tor - Daz
    Sun 11 Sep - Ashbourne Half - mort?
    Sat 17 Sep - High Peak 40 - UB, PPP
    Sat 17 Sep - Lantern Pike - Daz
    Sat 24 Sep - JWUltra - clairster
    Sun 25 Sep - Berlin marathon- DB, JS
    Sun 25 Sep - Macclesfield Half - PPP
    Sat 01 Oct - Causeway ultra - clairster
    Sun 02 Oct - Great Cumbrian Run HM - NI
    Sat 08 Oct - Langdale Horseshoe - Daz
    Sun 09 Oct - Chester Marathon - mtbb, GBM, RC, Funk, FOAR, Eric, PPP (probably), Jonah, mort, JMC
    Sun 09 Oct - Reservoir Jogs - Kwaka

• Options

Any time after 7pm tomorrow, folks - or earlier if you are desperate for a drink!

MTBB - thanks - i have catered for veggies, coeliacs and carnivores alike!

Any more veggies coming? Just in case i need to buy some more!

Fingers crossed for nice weather - don't want a barby in the rain!

PN - will be good to see Mowgli and PG!

• Options

TB - think we got your message! I still have 9 days hols - so not worrying yet!

Right - need to go make some sample burgers for our tea tonight - or i'll be off to the shops to buy some for tomorrow instead!

• Options

Just to say - if there's no room to park by our house tomorrow night, there's a big layby just up the road on the right hand side!

Now panicking that i've not got enough food - Kwaka - are you and ST coming - not sure if you are home yet?!!!!!

• Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    Just checking in after a few days away. Is there food? Well OK I suppose so then! image See you tomorrow.
  • Options
    MTBB - if you're not running tomorrow any chance you can post something on here tonight (unless of course you're going to make a last minute decision)?  It would help to plan the drinks because you'll be the first one there and also the rest of us would like to know if there is anyone at the front to chase.
  • Options
    Kwaka - better get some more supplies in image Hope you had a good time in the lakes.
  • Options

Oh dear, we are dropping like flies! Get well soon to all injured WBSCers.

MTBB--You can't pull out, the winner tomorrow is the first one to hunt you down and kill you. image

Kwaka/Eric-- Any chance of a lift tomorrow evening? Sorry for being cheeky! I would drive myself but i'm boring when i'm sober!image 

• Options
    Yes, i know! I'm boring when i'm drunk too!!
  • Options

Minnie - shall come round after parkrun. As yours is a cat free zone now do you want a dog to clear up dropped food?

Kwaka - are you coming here first or going to mouse house. I am walking up.

• Options

ES - Definately not running tomorrow. Monday is the next hopeful attempt. Apologies.

Will be driving tomorrow night if anyone wants a lift. Kwaka ? GBM ? NI ?

• Options

MWWers - I'm parking at the coppice car park tomorrow and will be attemting the middle 10 miles at the same pace as the 2:59 runners. Are you running at about 6:50's pace? Will see you around 9am.

Eric - You probably haven't but just in case you have sorted out a drink for me I don't thing I'll need any, best to save it for those who do.

GBM - I am driving from the Marple area tomorrow night and picking DB up, if you haven't managed to sort a lift already I can detour via the gingerbread house if you want?

TB - Done a few short runs this week and a slightly faster 7m yesterday and it felt ok. It's still early days but a big improvements on 2 weeks ago so Duncan's set me a very compact 4 week training plan. Fingers crossed!!!

Lake Vyrnwy runners - are you all still going it? If things go well I might use it as a mp session.

• Options
    Daz - the peris horseshoe, is it a marked course or a navigating one. Are you going for the 17 or 9 miler. Are you going there for the day?
  • Options
    And if anyone else from Marple or thereabouts wants a lift let me know. I won't be staying late though so depending on what you're plans are you might want to have a getting home back-up plan.
  • Options
    GBM etc- I wont be doing the run today either, v sorry for short notice!
  • Options

Thanks for a fantastic run this morning, it really does give you a good idea of your expected marathon time.

Cathy and the kids, thanks very much for the drinks.

See some of you later.

• Options
    Well done to everyone for this morning. You were all working really hard & I hope you reached your goal's & has given you a bit of a confidence boost. Great training & character building stuff. Nice one!!
  • Options

Thanks to all for the inaugural MW18. Everyone seemed pleased enough with how they did. I'm not sure i could have managed another 8.2 miles though as my back was really sore for the last few miles.

Mrs Seagull/ Kids--Thank you!! image

• Options

Thanks for an enjoyable run this morning everyone. Hopefully it will have given you all something to think about and given you a good idea of what kind of shape you are in. Remember you can probably knock off about 10 seconds per mile for the difference between a wet MWW and the roads in the marathon.

Sub 3 runners - don't fall into the trap of going off with J8 at Chester - he is in much better shape than he is letting on. I had to work pretty hard to catch him on the return leg.

• Options

A successful first race for Blista Events !

My splits were a bit erratic, especially in the first half but the average was 6.50 which was good enough image. Everyone appeared to run well and as NI pointed out it will be easier when we race on the road.

Thanks to the Seagulls for the drinks image.

• Options

RACE LIST

Sun 28 Aug - Guernsey Marathon or part thereof- mort
    Sat 03 Sep - Bullock Smithy - NI, Jonah, Eric
    Sat 03 Sep - Peris Horseshoe - Daz
    Sun 04 Sep - Tameside 10K - Kwaka
    Sun 11 Sep - Lake Vyrnwy Half- GBM, PPP, Funk, Eric?, FOAR, JMC
    Sun 11 Sep - Coombs Tor - Daz
    Sun 11 Sep - Ashbourne Half - mort?
    Sat 17 Sep - High Peak 40 - UB, PPP
    Sat 17 Sep - Lantern Pike - Daz
    Sat 24 Sep - JWUltra - clairster
    Sun 25 Sep - Berlin marathon- DB, JS
    Sun 25 Sep - Macclesfield Half - PPP
    Sat 01 Oct - Causeway ultra - clairster
    Sun 02 Oct - Great Cumbrian Run HM - NI
    Sat 08 Oct - Langdale Horseshoe - Daz
    Sun 09 Oct - Chester Marathon - mtbb, GBM, RC, Funk, FOAR, Eric, PPP (probably), Jonah, mort, JMC
    Sun 09 Oct - Reservoir Jogs - Kwaka
    Sat 22 Oct - Manchester XC League (Heaton Park) - NI
    Sat 03 Dec - Manchester XC League (Wythenshawe Park) - NI

• Options

PPP - we had all set off before you put your post on!  I was waiting for you at Rose Hill and I suppose running 18 miles on your own strengthens you mentally.

Some poor conditions on the run.  I think you could easily knock 20 seconds per mile off this morning when comparing to racing on road.  6.23 average pace for me.  I started off steady and each mile got quicker and so I was still getting faster at the end.  Could have comfortably got the 26 in today.

See you all later.  PPP - if you're not going then let me know before I arrive to pick you up. image