Options

The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• Options

Back from a great week in the Lakes, got some good runs in , thanks M6's.

Added Gowbarrow to the list yesterday, left the Boss and the girls at the bottom and ran to the top.

ES- I'll have a word with the boss re Sunday.

• Options
    Five Trigs Challenge, Bullock Smithy and High Peak 40 Written by Julian Brown    Pete Nolan has generously contributed ....

... his writeup for the [b]Five_Trigs_Challenge[/b], a demanding 20-ish mile loop round the wilds of Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Cheshire starting ( and finishing ! ) at the Cat and Fiddle pub.

Also, by popular request, there are still maps of a possible route round the [b]Bullock_Smithy[/b] Hike - note this is just one route, others are available (as they say), and may be more efficient ! and also the High Peak 40 event, maps [b]one[/b] and [b]two[/b] . These maps are from a couple of years ago, but the route is essentially the same apart from a bit of a diversion near to Cadster Farm, which is described on the HP40 website.

More information on both the [b]Bullock_Smithy[/b] and the [b]High_Peak_40[/b] is available on their websites.

Last Updated ( Tuesday, 24 August 2010

ES  - Could you print off the map for the BS.

• Options

Jonah - yes, I'll print the map off and bring it on Sunday.  I'll see you on Sunday at 7.40am.

Nexus - sorry we can't fit you and anyone else in the car.  I'll have my phone with me so if your transport is running late then give me a bell and we'll wait for you.  8.30am at the Quiet Woman, Earl Sterndale.

TST - Mrs S and kids are going to provide drinks station support which will be at the 6 & 12 mile point so that will be just near the squirrel.  You're more than welcome to join them.  It's on the Saturday. 

• Options

TST - Congrats on being GVS Summer Series Champion! image
    don't underplay the achievement of getting fit/well prepared to the start lines of several races over an extended period - that's a big part of what a series is about
    however, given how many members GVS has, I am a little surpised that so few will complete the summer (or main) series - do they not go in for many races? or are they just avoiding the champs ones for some bizarre reason?

re 5 Trigs - I can thoroughly recommend it as a great training run - I've done it a couple of times and I actually prefer it clockwise (Cat&Fiddle-ShiningTor-BurbageEdge-AxeEdge-Roaches-Shutlingsloe-C&F) - there's also a few bits of route choice to keep it interesting image

• Options

ES / J8 - sounds like a good plan. See you on Sunday. Thanks for those links J8, I'm going to study them tomorrow.

• Options

TB - It's rubbish isn't it. image Hope you had a good holiday.

Kwaka - I'm seriously starting to think about it!

AM - Sounds interesting I'll look it up.

Minnie - 20 mins thurs and 30 yesterday went ok, however the pain doesn't seem to kick in till around 5-6m so the next few runs will be more of a test. Just off for round 2 of torture, think I better take a wooden spoon to bite down on! image

• Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    Were off to the Lakes tomorrow for a few days. Slumming it in a 4* Spa Hotel in Grasmere. (The Wordsworth) We'll be taking the walking/running kit so if anyone is still up there and wants to meet up give us a bell.

Nice pb this morning MTBB. Your running well. 130 runners at Woodbank this morning on a very warm day.
  • Options
    Kwak - no course record today?
  • Options

17 miles this morning with Tom. Started to feel very tired indeed and a bit dizzy at about the 8 mile marker. Is it the 3 races in 4 days I did last week catching up with me, I ask. No, I get told - it's because I don't train hard enough . And to add insult to injury, he then tells me that my comfortable pace training runs now need to be done faster and if all I do is plod, I will stay a plodder.

Is this domestic abuse? Is there some sort of agency I can report him to ?

• Options
    SW - he is all heart. he never said anything like that to me when we went out running a few years ago, and you are officially faster than me now, so I cant see what the problem is.
  • Options

Kwaka - have fun! Wish we were still there - instead we have been DIYing all day!

Can i ask who is hoping to come to ours next Saturday - just so i know how much food to do - obviously i need to cater a lot just for GBM! All welcome!

• Options
    M6 - Can I bring a.n other ?
  • Options
    Minnie - mtbb's other bakes very nice cakes image
  • Options

Jonah/Nexus - thanks for the run.  3 hours is pretty good going from Earl Sterndale to the end.  It took 3 hrs 45 minutes on the race last year.

What drinks do people want at the drinks station on the MWW run next week - lucozade & water?  Any food - flapjacks or similar?

• Options

ES/NI- Thanks for the run, felt s**t for most of it though, I've had bad guts for the last 2 weeks and I think it caught up with me today.

We only did a 21 mile section of the Bullock today, but it makes you realise what a tough course it is.

JS - How is your leg?

M6 - I managed to get my hands on another 2 different Jennings pint pots.

• Options
    J8 - don't encourage him! The Cumberland Ale pot is clean and sat in the cupboard!
  • Options

ES / J8 - thanks for the reccy this morning. I reckon we all should save quite a bit of time after that with those route choices.

M6s - count me in. I still need your address though. Send it me on fb in a private message if you don't want to post it on here for all the world to see. What time is everyone getting there?

• Options
    Minnie - I'll be there on Saturday.
  • Options
    Minnie - I shall be there,mgmt is working and shall come after her shift finishes to taxi me home. The perfect wifeimage
  • Options

ES - I will be OK with just fluids for MWW18 but some sports drink in addition to water would be good. Will probably carry a couple of gels as well to re-introduce myself to the wonderful taste.

What is the best way of organising the drinks - should anyone requiring stronger than water chip in to cover costs or should we get our own drinks to you before Sat for taking to the squirrell/rabbit - a bit like elite athletes image.

• Options
    J8 - It’s a bit better thanks but that could be because I’ve done less than 50 miles in 2 weeks and haven’t run further than 6m in one go. Slowly trying to build up the mileage and just keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn’t get worse again as the miles increase. Unlikely that I’ll be able to get any more long runs in before Berlin but my main aim now is to be able to actually run and not just be spectating!!!!!
  • Options
    FOAR - I will provide water and Lucozade sport for everyone. 
  • Options

ES - I will just run past the drinks several times and enjoy free drinks.

Chunal fell race on Wednesday be a good training session, short and hilly.

• Options

ES -much appreciated re the drinks for MWW 18.

If MTTB is setting off at 8am, I will go about 8.30ish, I think.

JS - if Berlin doesnt happen, you could always enter a bike race. You weren't half giving it some welly on that bike at the track last night. Your dedication is quite inspiring and makes me feel guilty for wingeing and skiving all the time.

• Options
    J8 - spoke to Cath last night - Ian got knocked off his bike as he was cycling home from the lakes - by a car with no driver in Hazel Grove! Luckily he was ok, just grazes and a sore back but his bike was a write off.
  • Options

"a car with no driver" - was it Herbie?

Minnie - not going to make it to your party unfortunately, bit too much going on family-wise

• Options
    MIDDLEWOOD WAY 18 START TIMES. (At Rose Hill)

MTBB - 8.00AM
    SW - 8.21
    FOAR - 8.32
    DB - 8.32
    M - 8.32
    GBM - 8.32
    JS - 8.37
    Jonah8 - 8.38
    Eric - 8.42
    PPP - 8.45.

I've based these on the 'predicted marathon times list' and i've guessed Jonah8 will do a 2.50 marathon and PPP will do 2.40. JS may want to move up to the sub 3 group due to the ankle injury.

Anyone else interested?

Eric/Mrs Seagull - The nearest bridge/access point to mile 6 is on Brookledge Lane (the left turn at The Legh Arms, Adlington). Not sure where you can park though. Anyway, you've probably already looked into it.

• Options

GBM - I'll be there but I'm not running at marathon pace.