Options

The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• Options
    jmc--Welcome to L. Vyrnwy and Chester!! I'll put you down for the MW18 then! image

MW 18 - Saturday 27th Aug.

Having spoken to a few of you about this it seems a handicap system which will allow us all to finish at roughly the same time seems quite a popular idea.  We might as well stagger the start times based on what ever times we are each hoping to acheive at Berlin or Chester. For those who aren't doing a marathon then just have a rough guess at the time you think you would do if you did one now. List time!!! I can't remember who said they would do it so add yourself if i've missed you off.

GBM - 2.59
    FOAR -
    Jonah8 -
    MTBB -
    DB -
    JS -
    Eric -
    jmc -
    M -
    SW -

JS--How is the ankle/shin?
  • Options

GBM - 2.59
    FOAR - 2.59
    Jonah8 -
    MTBB -
    DB -
    JS -
    Eric -
    jmc -
    M -
    SW

• Options

GBM - 2.59
    FOAR - 2.59
    Jonah8 -
    MTBB - 3.45
    DB -
    JS -
    Eric -
    jmc -
    M -
    SW

• Options

GBM - sorry to disappoint you I will be in France. Otherwise I would have loved to take part, I think it is an excellent idea!

If anyone is interested/available my Chester training starts tomorrow. I am off work so am going to do a long run from my house to Kinder downfall and back. Will be setting off at about 8 and will be going very slowly (about 3 hours) just to get some time on my feet and enjoy it. Going to try and do most of it off-road, route to be determined.

• Options

Jmc- can I join u for that, fits in well for me?
    What's your adress?

Gbm - what time is the mww 18 starting?
  • Options

GBM - 2.59
    FOAR - 2.59
    Jonah8 -
    MTBB - 3.45
    DB -
    JS -
    Eric - 2.44
    jmc -
    M -
    SW -
    PPP -

• Options

GBM - 2.59
    FOAR - 2.59
    Jonah8 -
    MTBB - 3.45
    DB -
    JS -
    Eric - 2.44
    jmc -
    M - 2.59
    SW -3.15
    PPP -

GBM - guesstimates for me and M. We are just doing as hard training run - not race pace. Cheers.

• Options

If anyone male wants to do any of the autumn relays, details are here.

I've no idea who is organising the women's teams but I can find out if anyone is interested.

• Options

Congrats to PPP on a couple of excellent fell race performances image

just to lower the tone, and if anybody fancies a laugh, this thread on the FRA forums is worth a look:

http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showthread.php?15485-Blow-drying-your-plums

• Options
    5 moadlock
    Romiley
    Sk64qb
    8am
  • Options

GBM - I have text you, but in case you see this first, what did you have planned by way of a long run tomorrow ?

Please will somebody enter me on the list as a 2.59 - I know, useless, but can't do it !
  • Options
    Jmc- c u at 8, cheers.

• Options

GBM - Saw physio last night, he's not convinced it's a stress fracture but hasn't ruled it out either. Treating it as though it's a soft tissue injury and hope it works. Got to go back for more torture on Saturday. Not run since the Sale Sizzler but am allowed out tomorrow for a lowly 20 minutes. Depending on how the next few days go I can gradually start to build up the mileage, in which time it'll be just about time to start the taper....bloody marvellous. To say I'm ever so slightly pissed off and fed up is an understatement!!! imageimage Moan over!!!!!!! I was going to delete myself from the list but I'll make the decision towards the end of next week.
    Hope you're feeling back on form now yourself!

DB - I'll call you tomorrow. Allow me.......

GBM - 2.59
    FOAR - 2.59
    Jonah8 -
    MTBB - 3.45
    DB - 2.59
    JS - 2.52
    Eric - 2.44
    jmc -
    M - 2.59
    SW -3.15
    PPP -

• Options

JS-hopefully, good news. Apart from a few days in July, when we met, i've not run for 7 weeks, and it looks like another 12 weeks until i can start training againimageimage

• Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭

Nice post Daz. Danbert runs for Rochdale & is quite a colourfull character.

Dont forget that its the 2nd Anniversary Woodbank parkrun this Sat, so Im expecting everyone to turn up, run, eat cake, get a free drink, etc No Excuses. (& no sloping off to Bramhall)

JS - are you polishing up the bike in anticipation!image

• Options

Jmc - would have joined you but a bit late to find out now.

Only two stockport (nick ham and Dave Smith, but he is from Gloosop) turned up to eccles pike last night. Seems short fell races are out of favour down in the big smoke.

• Options

JS - Sounds hopeful if not ideal for you image.

GBM - Are you watching the late film on BBC1 tonight ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00pk76m

• Options

As an alternative to painful sports massage, has anyone ever heard of the Bowen Technique?  It's smashing, super, great.

It's a form of stimulation that is supposed to encourage your body to fix itself.  Sounds silly I know, but my wife tried it for her back and leg pain and was well impressed.  She is going again Saturday.  Costs about £35 per session.  Worth a go as a last resort.

DB, you must know something about it?  Are you a practitioner?

• Options
    JS--I can't decide whether that is good news or bad! Hopefully it will clear up quickly.

FOAR--I'm still waiting for the royalties!!

AM--I will google it!

DB and i are doing a long run this evening on the MW/canal. 6pm at Rose Hill for those who want to join us for a few miles.
  • Options
    Jmc- thanks for the run. Only a couple of k feet of climbing, a few wrong turns, getting cut by barbed wire, attacked by dogs and getting shot at. Fancy running through some riots next time? Might be easier. Have a good holiday.

JS- fingers crossed for good injury news.

Gbm- and I repeat; what time is the mww 18 kicking off?
  • Options
    PPP--Don't bloody talk to me like i'm one of your pupils!! image Not sure yet but it will probably be early morning. MTBB looks like he will be the first to start so we could ask him what time he can start then take it from there. You'll probably start approx 40 mins after him.

MTBB--What time you would like to start? Would 7.30 be ok then the rest of us will be off by 8.15 latest?

All--What do you think? It that too early? Discuss! x
  • Options

Bowen therapy off wikipedia
    This article is about the holistic system of healing. For the shearing technique see <a href="http://null/wiki/Sheep_shearing" title="Sheep shearing">sheep shearing</a>

AM - sheep stuff is normally a more rural activity, stopping myself creating images of alfa female

a better site about bowen for those interested add it too the list of therapies that might help

• Options
    GBM- settle down and get on with your work or I'll send you to Headmistress Morticia for some discipline. You wouldn't want that now, would you?
  • Options
    All- sounds a tad early to me, based on the fact it should be a pacy run, I'd be happier with a 9 am start ish.

GBM - 2.59
    FOAR - 2.59
    Jonah8 -
    MTBB - 3.45
    DB - 2.59
    JS - 2.52
    Eric - 2.44
    jmc -
    M - 2.59
    SW -3.15
    PPP - 2:43:30
  • Options
    I'm happy to start whenever. As long as its not just some big practical joke and you all set off at 10 !
  • Options

How about MTBB starting at 8am and the rest to follow based on predictions. Hopefully not too early for marathon pace effort but would also avoid too much MWW 'traffic', especially the horses .

• Options

No one else will tell you so I shall. I have won the club summer series with one race to go. I put this down to faster folk like Andy Pead and others not doing enough and those who did getting injured.

MWW18 - do you want any none running help, water station etc. what day is it on

• Options
    hurrah! go TST

((JS))
  • Options

Just back from a great week in the lakes - managed to do lord's rake and striding edge without tears - thanks to j8 for the helping hand on striding edge! Lots of running and walking - did a great walk up scafell pike, great gable and green gable yesterday - fantastic views.

J8 - hope you got back ok - i ran past the site this morning and it looked like you'd gone.

JS - how was the leg after your run?

• Options
    That was Minnie by the way! M6 doesn't usually sit down and cry on top of mountains!