Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options

4M easy for me this morning on paths and roads.My legs felt heavy, so didn't push it. Had planned a Fartlek Session.

Dry, mild with no wind.Nice day for it up here.image

• Options

I've got the last three posts in a row image

4.5M Fartlek; Hard. Foggy and not a breath of wind.

Where are you lot ?

• Options
    HI Birkmyre!

I'm sure a few of us are lurking or waiting for the rain to clear....

Me: 7.3M on the South Downs Way taking in Old Winchester Hill and Beacon Hill. Marvellous stuff although still wet and slippy underfoot.
  • Options
    Found myself in the zone today, and running just seemed easy. Rattled of 25 miles in 3:35. A new PB for me for this route, so quite pleased.
  • Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭
    5 miles this morning.  The alarm went off at 5am,  I nearly didnt do it as I was so tired.  Even more tired now but Im glad I did it.
  • Options
    Nice to see you lot againimage
  • Options

6m fast this morning, didn't look at the watch til i got home, and made it round faster than i've done in months. blew the cobwebs off for sure.

• Options
    5mile after a day of work ... 36.21. Happy with this as i felt good all the way round and 1st ran in a few days.
  • Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭
    10 miles lsr this morning. 1 hour and 36 minutes.  Its the furthest I have been so glad that I could get it in this morning.  I am following a  half marathon training plan which is so far going well but going on holiday today, I am packing my trainers but dont expect to run more than 4 miles at a time.  I just hope its not to hard to pick up again when I get back.
  • Options

Awesome distance you cover Solent Runner!

Me; Hill Reps, 10 times 330m (or thereabouts), in 1.27 to 1.30. 6.6% overall incline. Pleased with how it felt and my overall progress. With quiet jog before and after did over 8M overall.

• Options
    Had a gentle plod along the beach this morning. 10 miles in 1:40.
  • Options
    10 miles in 1:28, last LSR before the Moray HM on the 5th
  • Options

Hi everyone this is my first post EVER,have been reading through this thread for a while it has inspired me to take my running more seriously as currently i do alot of cycling but only run twice a week with no easy runs just trying to kill myself for 6 miles.image

Yesterday had a nice steady 12 mile run round a 3 mile lake (4 laps) with a mate who is quite a steady runner this was good cos i have alot of trouble pacing myself especially on longer runs and this is the longest i have ever ran so quite happy with how it went, took about 1 hour 40 which is slower than usual but its the first time i can say i actually enjoyed jogging image  whereas i always enjoy cycling

going swimming today as training for my first triathlon not running tough cos my legs feeling a bit sore

• Options

Nice one Bowsy!

Many seasoned runners would say that only few runs should feel like killing yourself! Most runs should be in the 'comfortable' range, particularly longer ones.

Good luck with the triathlon training

• Options

Three runs to report. 7 miles on Thursday, 58mins. 4 miles easy yesterday morning and 12 miles this morning 1'43.  Got the motivation back and need to pack in as much as possible before school starts again week after nextimage

Lots of other runners out, obviously preparing for the GNR.

• Options

15 miles this morning in 1:40, mostly uphill image

Training for Berlin marathon in a month's time. ITB was nagging a bit so a week of fun stretching for me.

• Options
    I know i said i were not gonna run today but my brother fancied a run and couldnt turn it down did 8 miles in bang on 59 minutes but now my legs are killing image definately no running for me tommorow.
  • Options

Chesterfield Spire 10M today, Nice hilly race, starts uphill, but given that it's a loop, means you get that back on the downhill. Hard work, started in horizontal rain, finished in sunshine, though still very windy. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Was pleased with my time too given the uphill, and the fact that i'd never have entered this race six months ago due to fear of hills! Have now run three 'hilly' races, and found none of them as bad as i thought.

10M in 1.37.44

• Options

Long run for Great North Run Training, 12 miles in 1:42:52.

Furthest i've run so far, walked about 300m uphill between 10 1/2 and 11 miles, seemed to help as the last mile it seemed my legs felt reasonably ok.

• Options
    4M Easy/Steady. Dry and windless, bit cold though when out.
  • Options
    11.3M in 1.38.30. Pleased with the steady effort on a hilly route
  • Options
    Ran 5k in 39 minutes on treadmill yesterday....I find treadmill running more difficult than pounding the pavements...anyone get the same feeling ?
  • Options

Nah, I find the treadmill quite easy. Had 10 miles on one earlier in 1:20 time. Also used my time at gym to do some weights, cross training and had half hour swimming.

• Options

I dont like the treadmill cos its so boring but its the only place where i live where it is flat (Yorkshire)

dont know how you people run every day after 3 days of consecutive running my legs are so tired i can hardly walk, ive been hobbling around all day like an old man.

went swimming this morning to try and loosen up a little but it didnt work does anyone have any suggestions to help recover quicker

• Options

Hi, ive been doing a bit of lurking here, i`m always interested in how other people are training.

on the tready debate, i just think its a big hamster wheel,I sometimes do half hour on the tready on my circuit training nights but i have to wear an ipod or id go crazy,99% of runs for me are outside.

Sunday 10.13 miles,very hilly and very windy in 1;09;56,ave pace 6;54

today felt tired so easy run 8 miles in Croxteth country park 58;20, ave pace 7;19

• Options
    Anotehr Steady 4 miles by me,okay run.Fartlek tomorrow...Nice weather. Dry and no wind with day breaking.
  • Options
    7 miles this morning in 58 mins. Lovely and sunny, but being a winter baby, I would prefer it a bit coolerimage
  • Options
    8M this morning in just under 1h05. Lovely morning.
  • Options

Didn't run saturday (couldn't be bothered) or sunday (too hung over) but went out for 7.5 miles yesterday without my garmin for the first time in months.  It felt quite quick and I felt I could have gone on forever, I would guess time was about 55 mins but enjoyed the run rather than keep looking at my watch every 30 secs

• Options

6m fast again early this morning. Not sure if it's the cooler weather or something else, but my speed seems to have picked up these last couple weeks, am running this route nearly five mins faster than I was a month ago, and not having to work too hard at it. Mind, it was chilly this morning, 3 degrees so went out in the long tights and long sleeved top, and fluorescent jacket over the top as the mist had yet to lift when I went out. Slightly warmer by the time I got home, but was not overheated at any point despite the sun burning through the mist halfway round. Must fit in an 'easy' run sometime this week!