Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

SR - hope your leg is ok and the weekend off is all you need!

Dutch -  Good luck for tomorrow!

A 5 mile faster paced run today with 4 x 800 intevals at my 10K pace.  Overall the session worked out to 8:35 mm pace which with a warm up and cool down was ok.   I am going to rest my legs now for two full days as I have a 10K summer league run on Tuesday evening and it would be nice to be a little bit quicker.

• Options

Hello people,

Did the Lordshill 10k this morning, in 40.24. A tad disappointing but the weather was hot, I set off a bit too hard, and the course was fastish, but with a couple of tricky bits. Altogether did not quite manage to beat 40min. Never mind. I'm still on course re: Marathon training, and this is good pace maintenance for that.

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Hope the niggle doesn't keep you out for long Solent.

Speaking of which, first "run" in 10 days. Injured right knee and lower leg heavily strapped. Shin and knee uncomfortable and aching but covered a slow 2.5 mile loop. Iced it and strapped it afterwards. Doesn't seem to have made anything worse at least. Doing plenty of gym work and will try another couple of short runs over the next 7-10 days.

Knackered knees I'm used to, but never had this kind of dull ache in my shin before. I am a little bit worried it might a slight stress fracture. Or I'm turning into a hypochondriac. Or both. Very frustrating.
  • Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Well done Dutch, it's not good running in this heat.  It has been a scorcher here today too so not nice racing conditions.  I am really glad that I didnt enter the Humber Bridge HM today as I dont think I could have ran in 27 degrees!   I really hope that it cools for my 10 K on Tuesday.

JT141 - Hope you are back out again soon.

• Options

5.75M Fartlek. Hard and done on a dry Monday morningimage

Been pouring down all weekend.

Not like down south...

• Options

morning people.

Hope JT and SR are recovering ok.

Me; 8M in this morning, in the burning sunshine. Have recovered well from yesterdays race. Felt quite easy this am.

• Options

14.9 miles yesterday.

Went out just after 10am and by 11am it was blisteringly hot and I had a hangover which made it all seem ten times worse.  Took just under 2 hours but felt like double that.

• Options
    Just a short and slow couple of miles for me this morning after being out for a mth with shin/achilles problems
  • Options
    .. and 8M home again in 8m/M precisely.
  • Options
    6miles steady on a cracking summers morning up here. Sun shining, birds chirping, nature at its best. Great run.
  • Options

Nice one Birkmyre; I seem to notice that your sessions are getting a bit longer!

Me: 7.5M in humid conditions, off road. Managed just under 8m/M but it felt like hard work.

• Options
    4 mile easy last night.  Very sticky and humid.
  • Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Well, I finally did it!! 10 K tonight in 49:29!! 

My Garmin battery stopped after about half a mile so I picked a couple of people to keep up with who I knew  usually went quicker than me,  just after the halfway point I felt pretty strong so just went.  I am so chuffed as I didnt really expect to do it until August.  Over 2 minutes off my last personal best from last November as well.

• Options

imageAlibimageimage WELL DONE.

4M off road Steady for me on another cracking sunny Scottish summers  morningimage

• Options

wheee hey! Nice one Alib! Must be very satisfying!

On the next milestone!

• Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Yes Dutch it was satisfying!  Next milestone now is a sub 1:50 HM hopefully at the GNR in September. I have already started on the plan which takes me up to 40 miles a week  but I will have to start running 5 days a week soon. 

• Options

5m Hills off road on a sunny and warm day, another oneimage

Hard session though !

Dutch: Cheers getting a bit fitter and getting out of my routine. I'm really a creature of habit.

• Options

Good luck with the next milestone Alib. Don't push too hard too soon though... That way injury lies....

Me: 8M in with 30min tempo. Managed to do almost 10k speed which I'm quite pleased with. 

• Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Thanks Dutch.  No I wont be pushing too hard.  I have stopped the 2 circuit training classes as I think It was just getting too much and my knees and foot feel much better for it!

Probably just a 5 mile for me later.  There is a freedom parkrun so I will jog there and back.  I was planning my longer run but my legs are a bit stiff from Tuesday's 10K so will do it tomorrow instead.

• Options

3.28km (2 miles, roughly) in 24 minutes.

Nothing special by any means. As I said in one of the beginners threads, I'm running for a minute more on the treadmill each day and hope to start outdoors when I'm fit to run for 30mins straight.

• Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Welcome Metfan!

Hope you get outside soo, It doesnt matter if you have to stop and walk for a bit.  Check and see if there is a local 5 K parkrun near you.  There are a real range of abilities,  from the speedy ones that finish in around 15 minutes to the people that finish is around 50 minutes who walk.

• Options
    Welcome Metfan
  • Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone. Congrats alib1975 on cracking the sub-50 10k.

Second run back from injury today in the rain. Knee and shin strapped up. Planned 2.5 miles. Leg ached and ankle was a bit painful (didn't think to strap that this time). Running and pace felt normal so stuck another mile on at the end. I'm iced and bandaged now as a precaution, but certainly seem to be recovering. Another week of easing myself back in and hopefully should be okay again.
  • Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Thanks JT141.  Glad to hear that you are on the mend.

SR hasnt posted with his usual long runs, hope his niggle hasnt turned into something more serious.

• Options

welcome Metfan!

Hope things will continue to look up JT

Alib; I've wondered about SR as well. His megalong runs are always a bit of a motivator for me!

Me: 8M commute home, in just under 8m/M

• Options
    HM training week 2. 3 miles at 12mm.....slow but stick with it
  • Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Thanks Deadstar!

Just done the Parkrun freedom run which was self timed.  Didnt take my Garmin but it was a few seconds under 25 minutes but I am going to do a long run tomorrow so wasnt planning on pushing hard! 

I was going to run there and back to add an extra few miles but was offered a lift.  A few people went to the local for a drink afterwards so obviously I had to go!  Didnt want to be anti-social.image

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Great stuff, Alibi - beating the numbers is useful motivation.

Ran a Streaksaver at 10 past midnight for reasons not altogether clear, even to me - just a mile & a smidge around the block. image  Normal service resumes tomorrow morning, quite early image

• Options

3.5M Easy as legs very heavy from yesterdays session.

. Recovery run. Cracking sunny morning, again, up hereimage