Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭
    Well done Dutch! Great time considering the day before.  16 miles seems such a long way! I am hoping to get up to 14 before the Great North which I may try next month when I have done a few 12 mile runs.
  • Options
    Nice one Dutch..... is a 5k race a normal recovery run after a big session the previous day image

Oh and my 5mls cross country race came up a little short I had the distance at 4.5mls finished in 31 minutes, not too bad considering the head wind we had to contend with at time.

P.s...... Dutch southern Hampshire hey? I do most of my training out in the New Forest.

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Tidy time for any 5K, Dutch image  Finding it easier to run in the cooler, fresher conditions.
  • Options

5.25M Fartlek . Hard Session, but thats th very point of my Fartlek sessions.

Welcome Tuzki.

Dutch: Good 5k ing

Jamie: That sounds a hard session.

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    0715  First day I've run in rain for ages!  Mainly road round Crosby & Blundellsands; cool & refreshing conditions for another 5-miler image
  • Options

9 mile easy run last night in approx 80 mins.

Legs felt a bit heavy from the previous session but loosened up and turned out to be not a bad run.

• Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Just under 8 miles in 1hr 13 minutes which seemed quite an easy pace.  A nice wind today which made it more bearable. 

• Options
    10 miles for me in just under 1:30. This was the first outside run I have done for a few weeks and felt good.
  • Options

Good news SR! Well done

Tuzki, I wish most of my running was in the New Forest! I'mfurther east North of Portsmouth

Will do the NF 10M this weekend though

Me: 8.5M and, just couldn't help myself, some speedwork. 6X785m in quicker than 5k pace. 

I'm mastering the LSRs just fine at the moment but wish I could bring my 5k/10k/1/2M times a bit further down on the back of the mileage so am injecting more speedwork.

• Options

Morning,

An easy recovery 4,25M for me this morning. Legs heavy.Felt tired

Well done SR and good to have you back swittle.

Jamie:Good run

• Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

4.3 miles this morning.  My legs felt heavy and tired too!  I have only had one rest day in 7 days so I do feel tired this week. 

Glad that you are ok and back out again SR.

• Options

Good morning everyone!!

5 miles easy for me round the local meadows.

Got another tough session tonight, can't say I'm looking forward to it but have a day off tomorrow so every cloud and all that.

• Options

morning people,

quiet 7M in the pouring rain.

Ready for Sundays 10M race now.

• Options

Last nights run was an easy paced 13.3 miles in 1:53on a warm but breezy evening, probably do around half that distance tonight and have a rest day on Saturday.

Birkmye : thanks nice to be here image

Dutch: Good luck on the NF10 on Sunday, hope the weather is kind for you. Its not a race I have done yet even though it is on my doorstep image

Have a great weekend everyone image

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    No rest days for me image  5 miles just after 7am on quiet, leafy side roads in Crosby & Blundellsands - a little cooler but a bit of a slog nevertheless.
  • Options

6 & 1/2 miles for me on the treadmill earlier, as well as cross training, weights and swimming. It was a good work out.

I am too running the New Forest 10 on Sunday. Though I suspect I will be a lot slower then Dutch.

• Options

Nice relaxed Friday evening run/jog 8.1 miles in 1:15 out in the New Forest.

Good luck for sunday in the NF10 SR..... I sure you will give Dutch a run for his money.

• Options

7 & 1/2 miles on treadmill for me earlier. Also cross training, weights and an hours swim while at the gym. Now feel ready for tomorrows race.

• Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Dutch & SR,  Good luck today.

5.5 miles at just under 9 mm pace.  5 mile race on Tuesday so didnt want to go any further.  I think I should get in the early 39s based on my recent 10K time. 

Rest day tomorrow but will check back later to see how the 10 mile race went for you both.

• Options

Hello people!

Back from the New Forest 10M, a friendly well organised race through the New Forest,

in majority (I think) over paths, with a number of gentle undulations.

Went round in 1:05:29 (on my clock). Pleased with that. Negative split (5M in 33:02), and felt quite strong throughout.

Good luck on Tues Alib! I reckon you should be ok for a low 39 if the course is flat and circumstances are good. After breaking 50min over 10k you'll probably find that you can 'attack' a 5M a bit more.

• Options

Dutch: you are fast!!!

It took me 1:17 to get round. Enjoyed myself though and also agree it is a well organised event.

Good luck Tuesday Alib.

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    10.5 miles from Formby Point over the sand dunes image to Ainsdale and back down the beach, taking in red squirrel country image
  • Options
    13.2 miles, bringing my total miles ran to exactly 1000 miles image

http://runkeeper.com/user/MarcStokes79/activity/42669509
  • Options
    Well done SR and Dutch nice times in the NF10 and congrats Marc on hitting 1000 miles image

No run for me to report today, felt a little off colour so took a second rest day image
  • Options
    6.25M Fartlek. Hard. Nice morning, sunny and no wind.
  • Options

Good morning people.

Friday run was pretty tough, 3 miles warm up then 45 mins continuous running alternating between marathon pace and tempo pace for 3 mins each rep.

LSR yesterday was around 12 miles, around 95 mins ish.

Nice run Birkmyre, you're legs are gonna feel that session!!

Dutch : Excellent run, thats a seriously good time.

• Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Dutch, SR:  Well done!  Those times are Great!

The course is similar to the last 10 K one and it seems to have cooled down here a bit so hopefully I should be ok.

• Options

Cranleigh Tortoise and Hare 10km y'day.  Nice little event, would run it again.

My performance stank. My second ever 10km race having started running 20 weeks ago. 01:00:30 so 6 minutes slower than my first 10km of a few weeks ago.  I'd only managed 2 x 5km very gentle jogs in the last 10 days having mildly torn something in my calf training for this one.  Calf was fine on the day.   It was hot, it was humid, I took on water as I'm a sweater and I couldn't find any rhythm after the water stations, fell apart mentally after 6km with all the little doubts in my head willing me to give up "too old, too hot, too fat, too slow, not done enough training" getting far too loud and then tripped going up a bank at about 7km and winded myself.  Struggled to 8km.  Whereas in training I've picked things up a bit at this point y'day my legs and head just said "Forget it" and I coasted to a walk. Bullied myself into restarting by looking at my watch and trying to get around in less than an hour. Failed.

and I got blisters despite using gear that has worked fine before. image

I guess I need to work on the mental side of this running lark and get better at in-race hydration.

AAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!