Options

Cornish Marathon

123457»

Comments

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Well done RfB, sorry I wasn't there to see you.
  • Options

Well done everyone on completing what I thought was one of the stiffest tests of marathon running  I have had the pleasure of  participating in. All the questions I have been asking about why run marathons were answered yesterday. Now I feel I can take on even tougher endurance races.

Although there were periods of heavy rain i did notice large gaps between the raindrops so it  was nice to see my wishes were partly listened too.

I did struggle a little with the first 13 miles but once past Jamaica inn I settled down into my stride and even  managed to start overtaking people along the river Fowey stretch. I surprised myself by running up the last hill stretch without stopping and the last mile it seemed like I was flying( but must have looked like a shuffle.) I would have got caught on the line but for the crowds pantomime support of "He's  going to catch you". I just had enough to hold him off by 2 seconds.   All of a sudden my marathon had become a 50 yard sprint! Love it.

Thanks to all the marshals who stuck around in awful weather to see us all safely home. I have so much respect for you folks. Hats off to the organisers  for their hard work. I hope I am able to come back  next year and beat my time of 3.32 .40 (give or take a few secs.)        

• Options
     I just looked at the results and saw that the runner who gave me a race to the line was from East Cornwall harriers. He was struggling on the other side of the hill when I went past but I knew that once he recovered after the hill he would come back at me strongly. Cheers for that Gary! You would have got me but for the crowd.
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    waccyracer - great time for that course.   I'm so pleased you enjoyed my favourite marathon.
  • Options
    I don't know Shades, you lure people all the way down there then are nowhere to be seen! Hopefully catch up with you somewhere soon.
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Hope so RfB.   I'm still waiting for flight timetables to see if I can do the Hebridean double
  • Options

RFB,

Nice to meet you again, maybe bump in to you somewhere else one day.

Shades,

Missed you but hope you will soon be on the mend.

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Pam, I'm fine really, just not 100% for Cornish hills.
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Sorry not to post.  Bit busy at the moment.

Really enjoyed my wet outing.  Just 11 secs outside 3:50.  Very competitive with brother.  We passed each other several times and I finally had him about mile 21 and finished 3 minutes ahead.

At one of our passings he announced that my father, from whom I have been estranged for 16 years, is in the final stages of bowel cancer.  I was expecting one day to hear this sort of news from him but not at mile 12 of the Cornish marathon.  Upset my stride pattern.  Perhaps it was a tactic.

• Options

OO, Fine picture of you leading the charge at the start,in last weeks Cornish Guardian . 

• Options

RfB
    You matched my time from 2006 and I struggled at 14-17. Congrats to Mooey on her Loch Ness time.

Hope to be there next year.

Bye!