Options

Brighton Marathon 2010

Comments

• Options

"good one and relatively unique"

mmmmm, unique yes, good no

• Options

FAT B - most people justy call me "that boy", "running fool", or "TBSIARF" - it is a mouthful i know. 

I hope Brighton is a success and gets well supported. Great city so it should do ok eh?

• Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    and most call me FB....TB..... image

I reckon that Brighton will be a good one - maybe not the 1st event as there's usually some teething troubles but it has loads of potential to become a good one
  • Options

Yeah I hope it does well and I'm sure it will be well supported.  What kind of time you going for?

• Options
    FB - I hope there are not too many teething problems with the first event as that is probably the only one I am likely to do!!image
  • Options
    oh I don't think so MM, I thought that...!
  • Options

Talking about teething problems - still cant upload a piccy - my pic is 2.85mb and it says it needs to be less than 12kb any idea how to make my pic the right size??????

Thanks for any help

• Options

http://www.jql.co.uk/avatarsizer.htm

try this, you need an avator sizer - any probs just email it to me and I will assist.

• Options

Karl - Many thanks for that - I have done that and had a message to say that RW will check my picture before putting on screen - so hopefully I did it right.  image

So how many marathons have you done then??

• Options

London this year was my 16th - but I am still learning !

• Options

Good for you - I dont know that i have even got it in me to do one - but i am going to give it my best shot - looking at joining the local ladies running club see if that helps me.

• Options
    Yep, you will need support and company for the long Sunday runs, come February.
  • Options
    I can't think that far ahead at the moment - but my hubby knows he has got to get his bike out and accompany me haha.
  • Options

I am in.

Got my first marathon in Dublin in October.

Love the VLM refund option. Was going to wait until October to book just in case I got a place, but was worried about all the places going, so when I saw this booked straight away.

• Options

Hi Tracy B and MikeG,

All good ideas there ,though usually by 2am all I want is me bed.

My shift isn't bad at all for my running, as I can normally be up for around 10am, get my run out of the way and the rest of the day to myself.

Anyway, seem to have a bit of a cold at the moment, so taking a couple of days off of pounding my streets.

Though doing the Reigate Priory 10k next week, on my early week image

• Options

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_9_10.gif  James Joy

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_9_12.gifon Dublin soon.I pleased you enter VLM.I hope you will get in October.This will be my 3rd London Marathon and now I'v dunn 13th Marathon and hoping 21 by this xmas?

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZRman000

• Options

Afternoon all,

I'm all paid up and booked in. My first marathon too eeekkk!! image In the ballot for London too, but it's one or 'tother for me certainly not both!!

Hiya TB how's it swinging sistar?? I've moved to the seafront now as its less distance to crawl from the finish. Just you keep the noise down too!! You all set for tomorrow??

Hi GMike, I heard on the news that a lot of cycling can affect your `tadpole' count. You had yours frozen yet?? image image

BTW anyone heard from Pixie C?

• Options

Hi everyone - hope someone can help

I know it will be on this site somewhere but cant see for looking!!  I am signed up for the Brighton Marathon in April - my first attempt - can someone please let me know when I should be attempting a half marathon - many thanks - oh yeah i had already signed up for the cancer research 10k on 4th october.  cheers again. image

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

I am training for my 4th mararthon which is Anglsey    and mararthons are very hard to run all the way   but you have to admire people who do this   it is such a hard thing to do

up here  in the north I do a yearly 20 mile race in march called spen 20   which is tough  because it is hilly and nearly 2 laps

get the pace wrong on this and you have had it

• Options
    gmikegmike ✭✭✭

image LadySpark - I must admit to the odd spot of 'numbnuts' but as of yet all tadpoles are present and correct ... but just in case ... (searches in back of freezer for an empty ice cube tray)

• Options

LadySpark, hello my lovely. Fab news.. hope we aren't in rooms next door image - all set for tomorrow.. just in from pub image Not recently.. did you leave her behind on the Horndon thread? image

• Options

GMike just don't be serving up too many good Margaritas's will ya... You'll run out of `ice'... and I'll certainly won't be having any!!! image

TB hope today went well. Bit cooler than last week thank goodness. BTW if we're next to each other c'est la vie!!..... Now where did I put those industrial grade earplugs....??? image

S'pose Pixie will appear when she's good and ready. Maybe she's avoiding us!!! image

• Options

May as well add my shockingly wonderfully slow time too image but for me as TB will say `Its all about finishing' but not anymore!! image

Brighton Marathon 2010

2:00

3:00

gmike - 3:55

4:00

Mrs Womble - 4.45 (here's hoping!)
    Speedy37/38 - 4.45

5:00

Nom - 5:00 approx image
    SazzaG - 5:15
    TracyB - 5:18

Lady Spark 5:30  Erm, is that the time the cream teas get served?? image
    Slow Plodder 5:45
    6:00

7:00

• Options

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_9_12.gif MummyMunch

I glad you enterted Brighton 2010 Marathon it will be wicked and my 24th Marathon(I think|). Anyway back to bases.Your Half marathon should start when the Heat goes down and welll known event you may like nearby?

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZRman000

• Options

LadyS... was hot and long bit within my PT's half mara training schedule where I was only to do 13m/m image Even I couldn't manage that slow image

Do they have cream tea in Brighton? Am not allowed scones any more image

You need to amend your time to 5:00 image... at least.

• Options

Yes you are.Live a Little?

How are you TracyBimage

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

speedy 37

did my  20 mile run in 2h39 non stop    then walked 2 more miles   and I feel good      but tried

• Options

Speedy 37

Thanx for that - there is a half marathon at barns green (fairly local to me) in November do you think thats too far in advance before April??

Managed 9 miles today - thats the furthest I have been so far!!  1 hour 27 mins - all on the flat along worthing seafront.

• Options
    Anyone local should do Barns Green anyway - it's a fabulous race! I'm doing it for the second time this year. It may be a long way before the marathon, but it's a good one to aim for. Ease back a bit afterwards, then start the real training after xmas.

As for ones closer to the mara - there's the Brighton Half in Feb, closely followed by Hastings (gotta love that hill!).

Did my first run in 2 weeks today - suffering from a bit of ITBS recently. Didn't go too badly, so hopefully I can start building up my mileage soon!
  • Options

SazzaG

Thanks for that definately going to enter the Barns green 1/2