Options

Calling all FLM race entrants

Comments

• Options
    up to four, i guess
  • Options

I too would like to second the 'old' forumites too. Nothing against the newbies, of course, and I truly wish you all the best of luck, in this effort as well as in your life, but the regulars do make this community and, as someone else said, they deserve to receive something back.

I would also be much more interested to read how they are getting on. 

If I had to chose one in particular, I too would like to second  RichK.

As Beanz rightly put it,

"his website with photos documenting lots of forum meets has added greatly to the sense of community here."

• Options

Its on the home page you are bound to get a bit of passing trade.

I would recommend the new guys quickly post something interesting on every thread, then come back here with their pitch.image

• Options

Vote Barlos

(oh and Sezz   image

• Options

I'd like to vote for a new name........just too many to decide from

Regulars

Mouse 

Welsh Alex - I'm sure it was his race report from last year that had me crying - he has to be entertaining based on that

Martin Fox for battling against injury 

• Options
    If we have 4 votes can I vote for Mouse as well image
  • Options
    Oh and good luck everyone, and welcome to the new guys. Hopefully some will stick around.
  • Options
    I would to Barlos 10 times and everyone else twice because like everyone else im indecisive and dont have the stomach to tell people how I really feel.

Vote Barlos
  • Options
    I vote for Pixie - can't think of anyone more deserving (both from a training and a good cause point of view)
  • Options

Who are some of these people......................?  We need some established faces in the RW team surely!

Votes for:

Barlos
    Mouse
    E Pix
    Rich K
    Sez
    Welsh alex
    any other pirate not already mentioned................
    anyone with over 3000 posts to their name.!

How many votes do we get?

• Options

If you have to wear the kit to run in can I have extra extra extra large please?image

• Options

there are "upto 4 places", so voting for more than 4 might be the equivalent of wiping your bottom on the ballot slip.

barlos, i think you are supposed to field a convincing argument as to WHY people should vote for you.  i know it's obvious to many of us, but this daniel rw person (whoever it is) might not have a full understanding of the background.

• Options
    Barlos also needs to have a place.  RW aren't supplying the places.
  • Options
    yep. golden bond. all sorted.
  • Options

OK, so scratch the above..

Votes for:

Barlos
    Mouse
    Rich K
    Sez

Sorted...................

• Options

I would like to second RFJ. He has been a regular contributor on the sub 3:30 thread for the past few years and given me lots of encouragement along the way.

Despite having gone through a lot in terms of illness and injury, he has remained optimistic and determined throughout. I would love to see him run a sub 3:30 in London with your help.

• Options
    Places are easy to get Mouse, you just have to know the right people image
  • Options

My votes go to... 

Barlos & Sezz

• Options
    I vote for the one and only magnificant Little Stoker...not only does he do his runnng at a rediculous hour of the morning..which shows great commitment..he has knocked loads off his half marathon time, post very enteraining posts and had truely magnificant thighs !!...or so he says...image
  • Options

sorry that should be HAS truely maginficant thighs..and with all this running..getting more magnifcant by the day...

VOTE LITTLE STOKER

• Options
    Name: Barley

Reason why we should train you:

- I would like you to train me so I can rediscover my run fitness. Having concentrated on triathlon for the last 4 years my running ability has diminished, these days I can only just about blag a sub 5:00 on no training. In addition to achieving my FLM goals, 3-4 months of run focussed structured training will help me destroy my Ironman PB.

- Im committed to FLM next year and after getting close to my ambition of a sub 4:00 last time I think the added motivation of being coached will help maintain my drive and commitment. I should add that whilst I intend taking part via a charity place ive not decided on a worth cause (happy to put it to a vote).

- I would be provide regular, interesting and informative updates on the forum which im sure many people would be interested to follow. As a longstanding and active member of the forum im sure others will enjoy reading of my endeavours, training exploits and not least whether I can banish any doubts they may have that I can pull my finger out and banish CBA for 4 months.

Marathon goal: sub 4:00

Marathon PB: 4:06

Vote Barlos
  • Options
    Irrespective of all votes and/or im selected I would like to add this..

Ive nothing against new members to the forum and that should be encouraged to join and nurtured wherever possible. I do think the selection should be made from regular contributers and slightly question the motives of those who's only forum posts are concerned with a desire for some 'free' coaching! How motivated will they be to keep people updated on progress, and more importantly will anyone be very interested.
  • Options

Vote Barlos. 

He doen't know how to give up and will definately stay the course.  This is the person that despite needing a nap midway round at least one race went on to finish. 

Oh, and this will be a great way to kick off his training for the Pennine 100 mile he's doing in 2009.

• Options
    [cough]

That'll be the Pennine Duathlon not the namby pamby Pennine 100 thats easy peasy.
  • Options

Little Stoker get my vote too, training for his first marathon.  He's very enthusiastic and had to withdraw from FLM 07 due to a hip bursur, but he's back and raring to go.  He recently lowered his Half Marathon PB by quite a chunk and runs very early in the morning due to family commitments.

A nice, genuine guy, who deserves some professional help (in the nicest possible way of course)!!!

Go Little Stoker.

• Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭

Name: Ian Ward

After 14 marathons I should be able to look after myself I suppose, but I still have one tantalising target left.  My early marathons in the 90's were in the 3:30 range.  After encouragement from members of this forum I upped my mileage and in 2000 I ran the Berlin Marathon in 3:18 on a hot day.  I got lucky in the FLM ballot for 2002 and followed the RW sub 3:15 pacemakers from the blue start (including one Mr Fishpool as I remember!).  Thanks in part to them, I finished in 3:12 with negative splits of 97/95.  This got me a treasured GFA place.  Since then..

FLM 2003    - 3:10
    FLM 2004    - 3:07
    FLM 2005    - 3:06
    Berlin 2005 - 3:13 ( a very hot day!) 
    FLM 2006    - 3:08
    FLM 2007    - 3:06

The 2007 performance was very encouraging.  This was a PB on a warm day at the tender old age of 49.  I cannot help but think what time I would have run in cooler conditions.  Seven consecutive sub 3:15's - lots of consistency on view then but no sub 3, so that is my quest.  I have received loads of tips, advice and encouragement from various members of this forum over the years, I wouldn't have achieved these times without them.  Certain individuals even got me running twice a day occasionally!

I have spent the last 6 weeks building up 'steady' miles, I am now up to 65-75mpw and already have a couple of circa 20 mile runs under my belt.  I just feel that I need a tweak or two in my training to threaten 3hrs.  FLM 2008 will be my first as a V50.

Why should you train me?  I have the experience, the dedication (I averaged 70mpw for FLM 2007) and the determination.  Oh, and because I need to find 15-20 seconds per mile come April 13th, that's it!   

PB's..

10 miles     64:27  2004
    half-m        84:56  2004
    Marathon 3:06:00 2007

Goal: anything beginning with a '2'.

There endeth my submission to the judges.

Can I put a vote in for Joolska - she is a lass on a mission and I think she has the ability and determination to see it through.

• Options
    Daniel, if you happen to be monitoring this thread, when are you going to decide?  Ta muchly.