Options

Mick n Phil's daily blog

Comments

• Options

tip top ta! Tons.

20 miler training run this morning.

Not in London but don't care as I've done it., but everyone  should be given the chance to run. I think you should tag on the end as you stated.Imagine the scenes on national T.V. as Brendan Foster does his inane commentry. Isn't he getting fat?

• Options
  • Options

Well done Micknphil.

Andy

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Well done Mick 'n' Phil!! So glad that you had such a good time.
  • Options
    I am available to do web design/updates etc.  Let me know if you are interested.
  • Options

Rog

cheers fro that mate, i may  get back ok ...

• Options

welcome home to mrs mick!  and well done on a brilliant run yesterday!

• Options

well done to mick and phil

signed

small person

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Morning Mick, hope it's a good one.
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    No Mick yesterday?? Mrs Mick must have been keeping his nose to the grindstone image.
  • Options

Sorry not said hello in a while.

Well done Mick n Phil on your Marathon - fantastic!

And glad to hear Mrs Mick is back home!

• Options
    9:48pm, Wednesday 30th January 2008 comment on this entry | edit | delete Dealing with ideots
    i was having quite a good day , until i took my wife into town , and speaking to some one who i know asked.. well Mick , how's you ?

So, how's the marathon then, not run London yet, course it's different to the others ahh

i replied what's different about it

there are loads of marathons out there, that some of the FLM entrants would never survive, they have no idea, what running is about

i said i'm a commited runner all year , i would annialate FLM, with no problem at all, but i cannot run all because i refuse to leave my disabled son behind

it pissed me right off

i thought, you dosey arogant pilluck
  • Options
    10:14pm, Wednesday 30th January 2008 comment on this entry | edit | delete may never be great
    We may never be great or fast

but for me and my boy, this is a way of life, we've never moaned about anything, we've run difficult courses,

we can and do our own thing, we as far as i am concerned are under no pressure, other than what i put myself under

we have immence fun with it all

Are FM's difficult, course they are, but it takes some self belief

the experienced runners out there can give all the advise they want to try and help, but at the end of the day it's down to the people themselves how they work at it

it's physically and mentally challenging, then there's your nutrician etc to handle

preperation is vital , and when you can put it all together, the rewards that can be reaped from it all are just so huge it's unbelievable

it's really there for the taking, but it's down to the person to go and work for it

i cannot believe myself just how rewarding it is,

it's helped me cope in my every day life
  • Options

the moment i get a problem in life, i switch my mind immediately to marathon running

yes ok, running is my drug, if that's what people want to hear, but can anyone think of a better drug to hold my deepening depression and mental health problems

Gloucester marathon in 4.41 did me the world of good, once again as Luton did in December, i went with no expectations at all, that gave me a relaxed mind,and at no real time was i in anywhere near any desperate trouble, and it was to prove the key factor and i'm now set for Draycote in 3 weeks, just got Watford And Wokingham HM's in between

on we march quietly, happily in our own way, with no fear at all, totally relaxed in the knowledge that we an do it
  • Options

You're right about the idiots Mick.

After I ran my first marathon 3 years ago I mentioned it someone I work with. She said "oh well done"!
    When I mentioned that I had entered London the reaction was quite different.it was more of a WOW!

I was also asked to put in an article for the in house magazine.The editor asked me me if London was the longest marathon.I was tempted to say yes.

• Options
    Looks like snow at Watford.
  • Options
    Your determination is inspirational! image
  • Options
    1:21pm, Thursday 31st January 2008 comment on this entry | edit | delete how did it all come to this
    How did my life, come to this

sinking into a world some days of such deep depression, just wondering , have i the guts to end it all, do i carry on, do i want to carry on...

I'm entitled to a life as well, i just want to cringe up

• Options

Mick, bless you - so sorry to hear you're not feeling good. 

Depression absolutely sucks, and it's difficult when you're in the thick of it to imagine feeling any other way.  But just remember you have felt differently (like after your last marathon for example!) and you'll get that feeling back again.

You're an inspiration, but you're also entitled - as anyone else - to feel crap sometimes, and yes - you're entitled to a life too.

Just hope you feel better soon.

• Options

Funny thing, or odd thing is

the only thing that keeps me hinging on really is the old marathon, my mind keeps drifting back to December's Luton, and Last Sundays Gloucester marathon ...comparing them

both so identicial in the fact that  i used exactly the same tactics, just 4 minutes seperating them, both tough 3 lappers

both getting lapped by the elite, but NO relayers in Gloucester

both giving me absolute total satisfaction

some might think, i'm quite crazy, may be i am, but while it's my sanity based ME time, seperating my mind from some of the idiots i deal with in Local authority, i'll settle for it

i could go on, and on going  through my emotions, but things change

• Options

The Marathon Mantra

Mick  - Some things are just "right"

I love and hate the mara but I'll always come back as it's a place where I feel alive

• Options

((mick))

hope mrs mick and phil are ok.

• Options

((((Mick)))))

Sorry to hear today's not a good one

• Options
    8:21pm, Thursday 31st January 2008 comment on this entry | edit | delete Little better tonight
    Hi everyone

many thanks for your kind support, i feel a little better tonight

Mrs Mick i s not brilliant, Phillip is now in bed asleep, Me and wife have had a real good meal tonight, nice pudding, coffee, and plenty of fluid

just had a real bad patch mid way through today really

bit tired now, though i'm fairly content

hoping all of you are well and fit
  • Options

Good on yer Mick

You looked in fine form on Sunday, and Phillip was positively enjoying it is far as I could tell!

• Options

glad you feel better Mick, just thought id drop in & say hi

depression is black

running is white

in the dark days Mick - remember,  you finish marathons , remember how it feels. But then also we only run , you push. Hero.

In my dark days - if i can - i run , i feel better. & i remember i finish marathons . We can run . We can...

Walk with you.

• Options

Morning Mick,

Sorry to hear about the dark patch. Depression is horrible,  glad that you managed to crawl out of the pit again. Lady P's right - the fact that you are our hero and our inspiration doesn't mean that you are not entitled to your own life, or that you are not allowed to have moments of despair. The really important thing is that you have something you know will lift your spirits. Hoping that it also helps to know that so many peeps care about you.

xx

• Options
    • 10:27am, Friday 1st February 2008 comment on this entry | edit | delete fingers crossed x
      i do hope any predicted weather this weekend does not cancel or stop us getting to Watford HM

if it does, i'll have to try hard to get to Draycote water to do some training

it's all that will keep my depression at bay
    Get HelpSee [b]frequently asked questions[/b] about this page. <!--0.00563907623291--><!--0.00738406181335--><!--0.00758600234985-->Fmail Message Box<a href="http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/userprofile.php">
    http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/userpics/small/2063.jpg

</a>No new messages.

View Inbox
    Write Message
    <!--0.00840210914612-->Do Stuff Quickly... Select... Measure a Route Add a Training Run View your Training Log View your Training Plan View your Training Summary View Training Summary Graphs View your Race Portfolio Analyse Race Training Start a Discussion View Hot Topics Upload a Picture Write a Blog Entry View your Buddy List <!--0.00857210159302--><!--0.0093560218811-->Add To Your BlogJust spill your head out onto the page about any subject you like. Add an entry to your blog <!--0.00950002670288-->©2004-2008 FetchEveryone.
    15521 registered users.
    Feedback | Terms | Privacy
    Render time: 0.01 secondsUsers in last ten minutes: 117
    http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/1x1.gif

• Options

((mick))

i find the worst thing about having depression is that there are no obvious outward signs.  if someone has broken their leg, it is blindingly obvious but if someone is very depressed, it is often very hard to tell and even harder to explain (even if you want to.)

hope you get to watford at the weekend & mrs mick is feeling a bit more perky soon.