Options

Mick n Phil's daily blog

Comments

• Options
    Our Oakley 20 in 3.41

This was our 3rd 20 miler in 3 weeks - Gloucester 20 in 3.18 - Ashby 20 in 3.26 - and today in 3.41
    What a truely inspiring day it has been, we had a road race, a bit of cross country and swim athon all in one
    http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/images/icons/icon_smile.gif

We awoke to gale force wind and terrential rain, we drove down to Beds in it - we kept our routine to normal, We were NOT going to change our routine because of a drop of rain .

we knew it was going to be a gruelling run, so i prepared myself for the very worst, my mental tactics was set for the race from hell !! - we set off , i could feel the weight in Phillip from the out set - the wind pushed us back, we gently took on the severe undulations

We swam right through the middle of any floods, after all it's only a drop of water !
    It was all going together very nicely, once the large loop was over, i felt good, though it was a battle from start to finish - -we actually enjoyed the front runners passing us from 8 miles onwards

then came the finish around the field- i'll be damned if that was going to beat us, we finished in grand style and proud of it

it was so very challenging, BUT also so very refreshing, i can only describe it as a truely remarkable day to remember - The rain never ever bothered me, NOR did the puddles

i felt so very proud, it has re- kindled my mental strategy, by not going for a fast time, but just having fun

my greatful THANKS goes to BEDFORD Harriers, for the super magnificant job that they did, standing there in all that weather they never once got miserable - the race was organised to absolute perfection

they to my mind did themselves and all of us proud

I hope all of you had a good day just like we did,
  • Options

Please be kind enough to sponsor us, to help us keep road racing at

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages.asp?dt=4&UTN=121319&V=6&SP=

When you reach our NEW web site - you will find the donation button in the top right hand corner

Thankyou all

Mick, Phil & Mrs Mick

• Options
    Just so unsettled & Anxious awaiting JT award results

do you all mind me saying and being honest

awaiting the results of the Jane Tomlinson awards, the ceremony is early April, that i do know - i am just so anxious ,excited, and uneasy

i cannot remember the last time i felt like this, certainly not over the build up to a marathon i know -

i am eating JUST ! , drinking fine, sleeping ok, I DON'T need laxative

i know full well we could finish up 5th spot , bloddy hell it is hell

I'm already with my dinner suit, pink tie, etc

and if ( just suppose IF ) we do win this proud inspiring award, how i willl cope with it, it'll be in RW the lot

i'm just trying to relax

it's been an anxious few days !!

Hope you are all well
  • Options
    Just another day

Hi Gang

It's a rather nice day here - i've slept well

I've made life a little easier yesterday by putting a key safe by our door for the care people to get in

dinner siut, Dark PINK shirt, and light PINK tie all at the ready

LMAO
  • Options

Yes Stump

LOL LMAO  image

• Options
    another day over

there ends another day, i'll be glad when this week is over full stop

this week has been full of challenges

but once again, a nights sleep should sort it
  • Options
    Spoken like a true gentleman.
  • Options
    Today has been yes - OK

Today has been alright really

i'm a little more relaxed today

but i had a good night's sleep last night, and i'm off to bed shortly

hope you are all well
  • Options

Congratulations Mick, yours and Phils Letters published in the Daily Mail today.

imageimageimageimageimage

• Options
    it's been a tester

Friday has been a tester somewhat - Philip is irritable cos he's frustrated and day centre is off for easter, so routine is out

Mrs Mick is sadly grossly ittitable as she's been in the most severe pain for 8 or 9 days now

the only time she's seems free of pain is when she's asleep

i feel so very helpless, i do all i can , BUT you CANNOT take pain away

She say's at times she wants to die, - can you really blame her !!

i cannot
  • Options

Mick

You have the strength. One day at a time, mate. Set yourself easily achieved targets, and don't expect to achieve all of them. Knocking one activity off the list counts as a success.

• Options
    Nothing today at all

Hi guys

it's not until you have a Sunday of NO racing, and don't manage to get out training that you realise just how much you love the sport and miss it

it like part of your life is missing, it's like your oxygen has been switched off, ok, i've or we've kept busy doing stuff - but myself and Mrs Mick have agree that NONE of us are going out today at all

Mrs Mick now has her own thread on Fetch, so no doubt she say hi when she's ready and well enough

She may well start one on RW,

whether we Win JT awards or be one of top 5, i'll be glad when they say who it is - i do know one thing, i won't know where to put myself !!
  • Options

Today is there first i've posted in a week almost

i actually have'nt even had my computor on for 4 days at all

i'm in the grip of most dejectable depression - feeling mentally sick and unwell, got to a point i don't even care anymore

last week the 23rd March, with no races on really took it's toll

Have'nt felt like this for a while

• Options
    Feeling like Shit !

Tomorrow we are in the Hogweed Hilly HM - it's our first run in 2 weeks, there are several races on tomorrow, easy-ish HM etc, but our last 3 runs have been rather gruelling 3 x 20 milers in 3 weeks, which made us most happy - so i purposely chose this gruellingly hilly HM challenge. it's a small race about 250 strong so i'm told, and very rural , which will suit me just fine

i need this ( and not a flat course ) not for Phillip, but for ME ,to regain any doubts i may have in my mind, to best of my knowledge my fitness and running stamina is in top condition

in life in reality, i feel low, depressed, dejected,mentally sick and unwell, there is NO getting away from the fact, just wishing someone or something could end it all

Phillip being home for easter has taken it's toll - Mrs Mick has'nt been brilliant, because of her situation and constant pain, she never stops moaning and all in all, it's just physcologically all taken it's toll

Then the /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]howGlossaryDefinition('FLM');]FLM, it's all but here upon us - and once again, we are officially sidelined - but this time NOT SO !!
    this time it's my time, they want to intervene, OK, fine ...

And of course the JT Awards are closing in ,the winner to be announced in just a few days - but even on that , i've lost all interest

For people with NO children, they would'nt understand - and for people with children they still may not understand
    my agony of him, the child i cherish, the child, that little boy, i'd do anything for ...

Phillip is going on 20, and i'll be 50 in a few weeks, like i have told you all in the past, you only know the Mr Mick the nice guy - i have never lied to any of you from the begining

I've had 4 for days now, some of my most depressing times, not wanting to talk, or post for fear of some bloody silly threads that have got out of hand, I have not even had my computor switched on

for fear of posting on my /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]howGlossaryDefinition('FLM');]FLM thread and some one giving me some bloody daft negative advise, which right now, i don't need

I am hoping that tomorrow's HM helps my attitude in this depth of helpless mental turmoil

I keep seeing US, going into the awards ceremony WINNER or last top 5, But still as the bridesmaid, knowing full well, - there they are, but they still can 't run /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]howGlossaryDefinition('FLM');]FLM, the big one where they could have partied, or just blew it away

NO training or preperation needed, just on the day, just go do it

i feel so helpless - so very gutted, very much on collision course for could'nt care less, i'm not even sure i want to care .. Phil's done ok by us, he's older now , there isn't a lot more i can do
  • Options

Mick

Sorry I did not see you at Hogweed Hilly Half yesterday, I hope you are ok.

I know we have similar situations looking after a disabled child, but realise that your life has been so much harder - my ongoing respect for you continues.

Good luck with your future efforts and I hope to be racing again beside you very soon. 

• Options
    On the mend quietly

Hello fellow runners

I'm quielty on the mend

i had my 3 piece suit on the other night, trying it out - FOR JT awards and my coming 50 th Birthday

it's a blackish siut, with pinkish design inside jacket, and pink mottled waist coat and tie

i have to say, it looks just fab

i felt smart, looked smart, and felt i've done myself proud - i 've done my family proud also and ( YES ) i'm saying it myself

Anyone out side of running who looks at me now-a-days - i just think, well, your a 9-5 ish er ?

i don't get much break, and if you can do what i do 24 / 7 / 365, then you can comment, plus, they know absolutely nothing about me at all

And i'm going to hold my head up and be proud - i might well feel depressed, but i can be proud

hoping your all ok
  • Options

Hi MicknPhil

Any idea when we can expect the results? Will they announce them before the night or do you find out when you get there?

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Mick - I'm a 9-5 ish-er, and I couldn't do what you do, but I'm still going to comment...........

I think you are bloody marvellous! image

You have every right to be proud - I feel proud to sort of virtually "know" you, although we've never met.

(and I think your suit sounds well smart)

• Options

Cheers Nessie-  you've left me a bit tearful there  - so nice of you though !!

Hi Graeme

That's what i'm on edge about  - i don't even know myself !

• Options

hi mick,

when is the ceremony?

and i echo what nessie said image

• Options

Hi RD

I do know the answer to that one-  but cannot reveal it, until they have , but i can tell you it'll be all over after FLM - not that we are officially in it

i'm very nervous, which for me is very unusual -

• Options
    Good luck whatever the outcome. Just to get shortlisted to the final 5 is amazing!
  • Options
    Back to my old self almost

May i thank you all for helping me through my dark days of desperation and sheer hell

you have all been a tower of strength to me,

odd isn't it, i can advise some or most on how to physically and or mentally concquer the demons of the marathon or HM - but cannot always beat my sad depression

I feel pretty good physically and mentally ( for running ), but my day to day tribulations at home can really get me down

when i am running, whether it be plodding along or at race pace, i feel so free, i feel like a bird hovering so very majestically in the sky

I do so just thrive on the great out-doors

of course, as we always say - tomorrow is another day

i have no fears of any of our future races, being the distance or pace, or hot or cold, or hills or anything at all

But i doubt realistically there be any pb's left for us, but that does'nt matter, i find accepting it all much easier to handle - rather than trying to kid myself - no it's not negative , it's pure and simple mental tactics

For those of you who are running /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]howGlossaryDefinition('FLM');]FLM next week, we sincerely wish you well - go and achive your dreams !!

hoping you are all well
  • Options
    Oh Deary me !

I have just finshed momping about doing what i have to do

I feel a bit more like it now, just nervy over next week,

We are looking forward to London marathon, wether we manage to run some of it or not - it really is quite a super day out

so, what can i tel lyou all - not a lot !
  • Options

Glad today is a better day your an inspiration to so many of us.

• Options

Mick you Tower of Strength

How's that calf muscle? It sounded a bit like a tear to me. If  you are planning on doing some running in a week or so, at least have some rest first. Meanwhile, on family issues, just remember how much your Phillip adores you. I'm not sure whether I've met your dear wife, but she has every reason to be proud of you.

BTW The new suit sounds great, I think that you will enjoy the opportunity to wear it.

Easy?

I guess that you have plans to support at FLM in some form or other. I don't know where, I don't know when, but I do expect that I'll see you. If it's not on the crowded streets, then maybe on the ITN news or the BBC mass coverage.

• Options
    good as back on track

Hi fellow fit ones !!

i'm pretty much back on track now, The JT awards will be all over by weekend of /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]howGlossaryDefinition('FLM');]FLM, and after /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]howGlossaryDefinition('FLM');]FLM what ever i do, i can then relax

I feel pretty good really considering everything - i should'nt complain really as i know full well, i can run most distances at any time, by virtually clicking my finger as it where

Phillip is happy and well as always - which is good

Mrs Mick, she's a little better, she's on the way through a good few days

So, it's just plod through it all really ahh
  • Options

Great to hear you're back on track after a tough week. I've been reading your threads on here and fetch and you seem to have been pretty low this last week.

I'd guess it's always a little tougher for you at this time of the year with the FLM coming up and not being allowed to compete. At least it'll all be over for another year in just over a weeks time.

Do you have a list of the upcoming races you're entering? It was nice to meet you both at the Clowne Half Marathon last year and It'd be good to meet you both again.

Regards

Graeme.

• Options
    A lovely hour tonight

Hi all-

Mick n Phil had a lovely quiet 50 minutes on the track tonight at Stratford AC

it was cool, very fresh, and breezy, there were a fair few there

they knew about this weeks JT awards and wished us well

it's been good today - hoping for a few more days like it