Options

Mick n Phil's daily blog

Comments

• Options

Andrew

many thanks for that - i do so appreciate your kindness friend

as for your good self - the key to what you did and said is that you FINISHED !

walked or plod

good for you - happy running

• Options
    been a bit low
    hi all

have been feeling rather low for a day or two,

so i went to my local chemist, well, surgery's pharmacy actually

i asked for a bottle OR tin of inspiration, as i needed a bit

but to my suprise ...they don't sell it LOL

how did'nt i guess

so, i came home and gave myself a bleddy good talking to

with all my experience, this should not happen, so i'll give Gloucester 20 a bash this weekend

have done Reading HM last 5 years, but feel HM is a tad too short, missing it to go back to Gloucester to crack our course best of 3.15
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

keep up the good work chief...having knocked out a 10miler in training today it never ceases to amaze me how tough that distance is...or from my 12 half marathons...and 13th due on march 9 at silverstone

to knock out load of halfs, more and full marathons is just amazing!

keep it up!

• Options
    10:40pm, Friday 29th February 2008 comment on this entry | edit | delete tired today
    Went and did 2 hours letter box distribution after Phillip went to day centre

got home had a little break, and went up and layed down, just for half an hour , and slept until 6 .30 pm

oh well i did enjoy it !
    http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/images/icons/icon_smile.gif

• Options

Hello Mick.

How is Dawn today?

• Options
    Gloucester 20 in 3.18
    Hi gang

What another super day we have had, we got under way at the Gloucester 20 miler, setting off very cautiously indeed not knowing what my calf muscle might do, how and if it's mended, and would it be sore

i knew the course well, it's a 4 miles out, 2 severely undulating loops and 3 miles ish back

on a perfect day with a slight but refreshing breeze, we started to embark on the loops, i was not complaceant, i was feeling good, happy and relaxed, - i was enjoying the fresh air, glorious countryside, and could hear the birds singing

I was feeling extremely mentally strong, my physical fitness is also in very good nick, but my concerns were, how is my calf, i was having so much fun, Phillip was laughing with fellow runners

we were well on the way, my thighs began to sligtly tighten, but thats normal, i was by 17 miles feeling just slightly tired, so we just criused home with no heroics what so ever

we clocked a perfect 3 .18 - i was chuffed to bit's considering all the races we do, with 2 marathons and 3 HM's this year already

Vast experience tells me over longer distance not to be complaceant, HM's they don't matter, 20's are a little more and course FM's are another story

i run much better relaxed, no pressure on me, just do what ever happens, feel good

I'm so pleased that i'm in pretty much tip top physical condition, and pretty high on the physcological scale as well, we have another 2 tough 20 milers this month and a hilly HM

so, it's luvely jubbly

easy .. easy ... easy

Mick
  • Options

Tuesday 4 March

Phillip's in respite for disabled this week - Mon - Fri,  

But I Went out as normal on my letter box distrubution this morning at 6 am, but instead carried on until 8.50, delivering and doing speed walking and jogging it between gaps in streets and houses

Normally, i would return home at 7.30, to help Mrs Mick with Phillip to get him ready for day centre, but as he's away, i carried on and let her sleep - then  i would have returned back to distribution for an hour

i had a good time, it was icey cold and refreshing, i saw 2 joggers while i was out, and everyone buzzing around going to school and work

I enjoyed it emmencely

I do so hope all of you fellow runners are ok 

• Options

Hi MicknPhil

I hope that you are both very well and enjoying life as usual.

I have been lying low for quite a while, no reason, but I just have had a few things on my plate to sort out.

Hopoefully i can now get back into my running.

It will be nice to get out and feel the wind in my hair again. I need a race to look forward to now. Im sure i can find one near me very soon and hopefully it will not be too painfull.

Take care mate and keep smiling and chanting easy easy easy.

Regards Leon.  

• Options
    Not in the mood
    It's been a piss me off day

just got no moitivation at all, i slept very heavy last night

went out on letter box distribution and did 1.75 hours of speed walking and jogging in between

other wise, just might not have gone out at all
  • Options

Just popped in to say hello to micknphil, hope your not feeling too down for to long Mick.

Ups and downs, thankfully for those of us who look to you for inspiration you seem to have way more ups than downs.

Look after yourself.

• Options

Hey Mick

Sorry to hear you're down, but everyone has off days and you're perfectly entitled to not be on top form all the time.  Ride out the 'pissed off' wave and sooner or later you'll get to a good patch again.

Take care

LP xx

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Been an ok day

Hi all

It's been a pretty good day overall, i slept very well last night - went out this morning on letter box distribution at about 8.40, and paced around until about 12 .20, it's quite amazing walking and jogging around all the streets, just how far you can actually go

been for a nice 4 course meal with my wife, and Phillip's home tomorrow evening

so, all's well really
  • Options
    Friday's been alright !

Hi fellow runners

well, I had a good night sleep, good breakfast, after i knew Mrs Mick was ok, i went off out on my letter box distribution this morning for 2 hours , speed walking and jogging in-between - pretty pleasant breeze really, just nice and refreshing

been for a nice pub snack tonight, and of course little Phillip is back home tonight, - the nurse said when he got bought home by day centre staff, and he came to the door, his face was a picture of pure delight

he's now happily tucked up in bed

i'm lurking here and there seeing what your all up to

not really feel like posting much

mick
  • Options
    Ashby 20 Magic

Went to Ashby 20 tough hilly- ish mile race today clocked a slow 3.26, but then that happens

would never have missed it for the world, it was simply a magic day

Phillip felt very heavy on hills at 18.5 - 19.5 , so had to walk a little, but that won't take away the pure magic day we had

WE can be so very proud of what we did and we are proud

it was great meeting people , made our whole day

Thankyou all so much

Mick n phil xx
  • Options
    My heart Aches

How my heart aches, and i wish for some peace, my whole heart and soul aches, Running is just like medication , its a temporary drug, it's not a final solution or cure

very few people understand unfortunately-

I've tried so hard in life, given my all, have never ever left them, ( my wife and Phil ) There is always emergency information on the wheelchair - i so hope one day out on the racing curcuit that i finally lay myself to rest
    like many other mum's and dad's in my position here near home, we selfishly wish and hope that we out live our siblings - that way we will be able to at least die in some dignity and peace

if i was a drunk, or what ever, and over night, said ok, lets do this or that - yes, it would be so very WRONG as some have pointed out

but my actions are NOT controlled by alcohol, my actions are not an over night thought from desperation of hate , anger and temper

this is a final ultimatum of not days, not weeks or months , but years of thinking out EVERY angle, the possible consequences of what to do - both with my local authority revenge, and with FLM saga

There are certain things in life i strongly believe that if NECCESSARY, if i'm pushed then 2 wrongs will or do make a right

FLM, well, it's just a case of me being a silly bugga, and if i fail on the day, i'll return home Happy and truimphant knowing i gave my all , regardless of whether or not people agree with me, i can then live in some peace on the FLM saga, course if i do get somewhere in London, then it will be delighful

My battle and REVENGE for the system locally, i'm very much afraid, few understand, when you set out your stall in life, you make your desicions and you stick to them, come HELL or high water

Will my wife pass on first, and leave me and Phil or will i pass on first , who know's- i fully expect to awake one day and find my wife gone from heart problems, i suprised it's not happened already

Many of you think i'm silly and all the etc, that go with it, i respect and understand that, simply because many have absolutely NO idea how they'd re-act if put in my situation

so, FLM is just around the corner - this is it you might say, - i'm ready for anything, lets face it, what more can be thrown at me than what i've already endured

All of you have given us much pleasure, and laughter, so much so, you'll never ever know - you've all been a delight to know- it's just so unfortunate that you've come across some like me,

i as most know, am an honest open chap, but pushed over the line, i become something very different, i was already a broken man when we met, i 've waited this long quite perposely for my Phillip to become 19 , an adult and off the SSD childrens team

What do you mean Mick , you ask " i live by the sword, I'll die by it if neccessary "

I've gone to far now to turn back !!!!!!!!!

I will NOT be trying again to explain further, if this post just isn't understood, then fair enough, but from an HONEST man and LAW abiding until now

My sincere love to you all - Bless you all and your families

Mick xxx
  • Options
    My heart Aches

How my heart aches, and i wish for some peace, my whole heart and soul aches, Running is just like medication , its a temporary drug, it's not a final solution or cure

very few people understand unfortunately-

I've tried so hard in life, given my all, have never ever left them, ( my wife and Phil ) There is always emergency information on the wheelchair - i so hope one day out on the racing curcuit that i finally lay myself to rest
    like many other mum's and dad's in my position here near home, we selfishly wish and hope that we out live our siblings - that way we will be able to at least die in some dignity and peace

if i was a drunk, or what ever, and over night, said ok, lets do this or that - yes, it would be so very WRONG as some have pointed out

but my actions are NOT controlled by alcohol, my actions are not an over night thought from desperation of hate , anger and temper

this is a final ultimatum of not days, not weeks or months , but years of thinking out EVERY angle, the possible consequences of what to do - both with my local authority revenge, and with FLM saga

There are certain things in life i strongly believe that if NECCESSARY, if i'm pushed then 2 wrongs will or do make a right

FLM, well, it's just a case of me being a silly bugga, and if i fail on the day, i'll return home Happy and truimphant knowing i gave my all , regardless of whether or not people agree with me, i can then live in some peace on the FLM saga, course if i do get somewhere in London, then it will be delighful

My battle and REVENGE for the system locally, i'm very much afraid, few understand, when you set out your stall in life, you make your desicions and you stick to them, come HELL or high water

Will my wife pass on first, and leave me and Phil or will i pass on first , who know's- i fully expect to awake one day and find my wife gone from heart problems, i suprised it's not happened already

Many of you think i'm silly and all the etc, that go with it, i respect and understand that, simply because many have absolutely NO idea how they'd re-act if put in my situation

so, FLM is just around the corner - this is it you might say, - i'm ready for anything, lets face it, what more can be thrown at me than what i've already endured

All of you have given us much pleasure, and laughter, so much so, you'll never ever know - you've all been a delight to know- it's just so unfortunate that you've come across some like me,

i as most know, am an honest open chap, but pushed over the line, i become something very different, i was already a broken man when we met, i 've waited this long quite perposely for my Phillip to become 19 , an adult and off the SSD childrens team

What do you mean Mick , you ask " i live by the sword, I'll die by it if neccessary "

I've gone to far now to turn back !!!!!!!!!

I will NOT be trying again to explain further, if this post just isn't understood, then fair enough, but from an HONEST man and LAW abiding until now

My sincere love to you all - Bless you all and your families

Mick xxx
  • Options
    So this is it !

So, after a few days careful consideration, and a real good nights sleep last night

this is it, time to put together my final plans

going to put a few letters in the post to people in London - NO not FLM

Going to tell them the truth, - and also we ain't going to stay in the corner, we are coming out for the final round

I'm 50 shortly, very shortly - am going to celebrate it with a bang, one way or tother

if any replies are going to be negative, then simply please don't bother

if any of you feel offended by this, then i apologise up front

But- i need constructive positive comments
  • Options
    letters off tomorrow

Tomorrow our letters and photo of us running goes of to -

Minister for sport

Metropolitan Police

Mayor of London

Editor SUN

Editor Mirror

hoping they might put picture in paper etc - but also telling them all

Here we come - we mean business

if this goes right then great

if it goes wrong - then i can say i tried !!

That'll then be END of it !!
  • Options

Hey Mick

Sorry to hear about all the recent trials and tribulations (re: your other thread about the legal battle).  I think writing to those people mentioned above - particularly the newspapers - is definitely the right idea.

Very little more for me to say that has not been said by others - just love and best wishes to you all.

LP xx

• Options
    The news that made me feel new

i found out today i think it was just after lunch what had happened - that Mick n Phil had been short listed to the final 5 nominees for Jane Tomlinson award

I felt emotional, did'nt quite know where to put myself, i had to keep looking at the Runners World page , which i now have on my favourites to see if it was true

Phillip will understand very little if any of this - i have to make it all happen for him, For me, after everything that has happened, even if we don't win it, well, It's for me as good as

After days of sheer termoil, it changed my feelings somewhat

I am still much lost for words at the moment with it, as very simply whenm i was told we had been put forward for nomination, i really thought.. very nice, but Mick forget it

Then today - Second Wednesday of the month, Mrs Mick goes to evening college, and bought back safley, while Philip and Old marathon mick went for our monthly chinese buffet, then on to Weatherspoons and onto the disabled disco at a night club
    It has become real quality time together for us

but life must and will go on

for those who have supported us , we will always be greatful to you

So, how's it going to look ah, either in one of the top 5 , or the winners of the award - and CANNOT take part in FLM

I'm tired now, i'll lurk for a while

Mick xxx
  • Options
    Just a thought Mick but you should also try sending a letter to liberty the Human Rights Group
  • Options

I've just left a message on an answerphone for the sports desk at ITN news.  Bet they'd love a good FLM story that the BBC won't cover. 

Good luck, Mick.  I'm sure you know, but the RW supporters will be at Muchute around mile 17/18.  You'd better get some earplugs or you'll be deafened by the cheer as you and Phil go past!image

• Options
    JT Awards - We wish the winner well

Like i said yesterday, Reaching the last 5 of this award has really made me happy, it's been good and i will never ever forget it

But being a sportsman i must wish them all well, and say myself, they are ALL worthy winners

if we win then that's just amazing, but if we don't - i'll still be happy and satisfied

To me, it'll always be like did win !!

But my condolences to Steady Eddy's family, and my best wishes to the other 3

Thanking all fellow runners for making us happy in running andd inspiring us - and thankyou for your support through our tough personal life

Sincerely

Mick
  • Options

just to say , in case only 1000 have mentioned it

vote for Mick here vote as i have done, just been away for a couple of days , including a little jog near FLM finish, here's to Mick  n Phil being there  (or nearby)

anyoboidy got that contact for ITN News?

all best Rob

• Options
    He didn't phone back wrexhamrob.  Richard somethingorother on the sports news desk 0207 833 3000
  • Options
    been excited today

Hi folkes

I've been rather Hexcited today i have to be honest and admit

I've had quite a few e mails from well wishers, i've not really known how to reply

i've had a small celebration with my wife at the chinese buffet - i did'nt think it would hurt anything

it's been a hectic week, but hopefully we'll have a cool wet run at the Oakley rainy 20 on Sunday

I'm trying hard to relax and contain my Hexcitement
    http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/images/icons/icon_smile.gif