Options

Sevenoaks Seven

Comments

• Options

G'day TG!

Was out on my LSR when you responded. That's it now for that - just short stuff leading up to the SS.

Apart from the North Downs 30k, the SS is one of the hardest races in the calendar to tame - those adverse cambers, steep slopes and long uphill drags, only to give it all back in that fabbo long grassy descent down the valley.

• Options
    SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭
    Whens the North Downs 30k snoop dogg, I might give that one a go, its supposed to be a lovely run, tough but pretty image
  • Options
    SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

Meant to say I got round the shakespeare marathon yesterday in 4:57, so just managed the sub 5 I was hoping for.  I ran with Mick and Phil for about a mile towards the end which was lovely, he's such an inspiring bloke and Phil was obviously enjoying it. 

It was scorching hot and I've got sunburnt shoulders today but it was worth it image.

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Sunluvva - well done on your sub 5hr marathon imageimageimage
  • Options

The ND30K is 15th June - near Gravesend (but the pretty parts).

Its an awesome race - one of the best!

• Options
    SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

Ta Snoop Dogg,  It's not very often you hear the words Gravesend and pretty in the same sentence image

I should be able to do that, doing the South Downs Relay on 8th June, I'll be doing 3 legs, about 15 miles in total so I might as well so the double.

• Options

Hi Snoop Dogg

I was talking to a lady who used to run the Hildenborough race every year and she said that they are not doing it this year or for the near future due to not having the correct affiliation/ insurance.......................... well something like that. She only lives a couple of doors away so when I next see her I will find out exactly whats going on, I'll let you know.

Well I have now officialy entered for the 7 Oaks 7 so no going back ...gulp

Do they normaly send numbers out pre race or do you collect them on the day?  

• Options

What a shame, Hildy was such a nice race!  Hope they get through the hoops required to be able to do it again sometime.

You should get your number for Sevenoaks sent to you before the day, mine arrived a few days ago.

Sunluvva - ND30K goes through poppy fields and has some fab views - those hills are hard work but you know you've done something great at the end!

• Options
    Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭
    Looks like beer-garden weather on sunday image
  • Options
    I hope its not too hot, but concur about the beer garden. I shall be visiting a local pub after the race thats for shure.image
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
  • Options

TraceyG 

Are you still going to try and do the run?

I have very aching thighs from three days hill walking in the Lakes.

I hope the soreness goes soon or I will be crawling round.

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Tommy - I cannot be as hard as last years race. Silly me gave blood 4 days before last year. Going to my club tonight. Going to run with the beginners.
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    Hi Scotty - from your local knowledge, where are the best beer gardens in town? image
  • Options
    SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭
    I've got a cold too and I haven't run since last tuesday.  I have a visitor from NZ so been doing the touristy mine host bit, seemed rude to leave her here with the oh while I buggered off for an hour.  I AM going to running club tonight though, gotta get a couple in before we head to the hills sunday.
  • Options

I'm going for a steady run tonight which I think may be my last before Sunday. Not sure if thats the best thing to do but I would rather have fresh legs than train right up to the race. especially as this will probably a real eye opener as to my progress since January.

Realy looking forward to it if a little apprehensive.

Got my number now(405) so it realy happeningimage 

• Options
    Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭

Snoop, sadly I can only think of a couple and neither are in the town (i.e. Kings Head - Bessels Green, Bucks Head - Godden Green). The best pubs with gardens have either gone now or been turned into restaurants (White Heart, The Vine and The Farmers). The only town options I can think  of are sitting outside the Oak or the Chequers in the High Street, decent pubs but neither is an attractive option outside as its a bit of a thoroughfare.
    Any suggestions anyone ? I'm drawn towards the Oak as I stand a better chance of watching the Turkish Grand Prix thereimage

We could always have a picnic in the park ??????

• Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭

Yep - the Oak is decent enough - was that where we had a group meet up a few years ago after the SS, I wonder, and where they sold Barracuda bitter for 99p per pint?

Mind you, a pinic and taking our own beer along as well has a certain appeal on a hot day.

• Options

I would like to go to a pub but my children will probably want to picnic in the park ...doh

Oh well with the sun out the pubs with gardens will be packed anyway.

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

My cold is processing to reach its peak. I will be there on Sunday, even if I end up walking some of it.

• Options
    Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭

Hmmm kids. The downside with the Oak is that they only allow kids to sit right at the back of the pub. If there's footy on the TV is gets blimmen noisy back there.

• Options
    Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭
    'twas gorgeous in Knole this morning. Lots of wet dewy grass in the shade of the valley but getting uncomfortably warm around the rest of it.image
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

I am feeling better today image

• Options

HI guys

Its gonna be hot today!!!!!

The starts is a hour and a hlf away and I'm getting very Nerveous.

I best leave the house in a mo and get a parking place

Tom 

• Options
    SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

Hope you all had a great run.

I didn't make it due to the effects of a pub crawl yesterday image.

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Sunluvva - It was very hot and the new route was more hilly image
  • Options

Hi Guys

Made it round in 70 mins.

phew that was hot the hill at 3miles and the same hill at 5 -6 miles was bit of a killer. 

I had to walk a few times I think it was the heat as I have covered the distance several times without walking.

But hey it was my first race and I got round. All iknow is the next race I do can't be as hard as that surely 

• Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭

..was badly affected by the high level of ozone today causing difficulty in breathing - seems like I might not have been the only one in that condition.

Hope the person attended to by the ambulance is ok.

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Snoop - I think this race should be changed to hilly instead of undulating.