Options

Royal Mail Runners

Comments

• Options
    and.... I'm in for Abingdon.. i think.... hope Mr loughman is too....if he's got his legs back
  • Options
    remohremoh ✭✭✭
    postie from livingston here doing lochaber a week tomorrowimage
  • Options
    postie from Storrington here,i did Lochaber two years ago,good luck,remoh
  • Options
    remohremoh ✭✭✭

cheers bald eagle1 1st time for lochaber and looking forward to it mind you how anyone can look forward to running a marathon is beyond meimagelol

• Options

Ah Sunday.......

aren't they WONDERFUL

• Options

Oh dear, just after moaning that RM haven't got in touch with me....they now have...and I've got an interview/assessment on Thursday for a Parcelforce collections/delivery driver in Edinburgh!

Anyone out there do this or is everyone on here a postie?

• Options
    just ran Theos 10K in Sheffield, Bit hilly, not a postie but work in Chesterfield for RM
    Have a RM Running club based here, always looking for new memebers, they run most lunchtimes
  • Options
    hill faery - my mate works for PF, says all you have to do is Knock and run!
  • Options

Or put the parcel in the blue recycling bin on collection dayimage Sorry had a bad day once for PF.

Dronfield runner is this club the one through Rowland hill?

• Options
    Cake, Yes,
    Although have yet to go out with them , prefer running at later, cannot handle that bright red Glow after a run and trying to work afterwards. Normally run with Steel City Striders on a Wed
  • Options

Hill faery - good luck for your interview with Pafcel Farce tommorrow let us know how you get on

Cake - did you get a useful answer from the upstairs people?

Comerade Postie - great new pic were you talking to thed office clown at the time? 

• Options

I decided not to go for the interview after all because I'm enjoying my current job of working in an outdoor equipment store too much.....yes I'm actually enjoying work after leaving the Police!!

....no stress whatsoever and a relaxed work atmosphere where I'm actually appreciated....image !

The shop is in a convenient location where I can run or cycle to work as it's only 6 miles there. So I don't have to think about petrol money as well as a 55 mile round trip commute or working compulsory overtime which would interfere with my life and my running. (Police did enough of that!)

PP- did you mean to type 'Farce' instead of 'Force'? Trying to warn me off? LOL

• Options

Postie, Got somewhere with the folks upstairs but finding it hard to get the time to follow it up because of the shares effort. There is a sports social site on the internal inter-net but no one seems to wants to own up to running it.

Hill faery Parcel farse is the nick name every one else in the business uses. Could be worse the bit I work in is know as tw*t city image

• Options

Cake- can the intranet only be accessed from work computors?

I think you've had a lucky escape Hill faery your job sounds better than mine 

• Options

Think you can get it from any if you know the secret links but I don't. It's a good excuse to "borrow" your line manager's pc image

Been told it's on there but can't find the bit needed so anyone else out there with access if you can spot it great. Just don't put the link on there is we will all be in the parcelfarce with work image

• Options
    Comrade, time to raid the collection managers pc, he's never there so we can acess the intrenet while he's away doing whatever else he does when he is supposed to working for royal mail, i have heard he got a job in top man or some other shop, but he is never checked upon so...
  • Options
    Comrade postie, that particular gaffer is nothing more than a figment of your imagination as all collection docket is carved up by the north mafia. Anyway you won't get a go an that pc as they are all watching you tube or cricket or playing snooker as none of them have the imagination to do something constructive like going for a run, may be thats why they're all fat and stupid.
  • Options

Before my brief rant, I'd like to thank Cake for directing me here image

Working right at the end of the line in a medium-small delivery office, the main reason for late deliveries round my way is a previous DOM totally messing up the office revision when RM changed to single delivery. He was looking to impress the top brass by promissing massive savings but everything went horribly wrong as the revised deliveries were either way too big, or in some cases far too easy. My current DOM is trying but failing to rectify this problem 5 years on as RM won't increase our budget to accomodate extra duties. I've heard about the same problem at numerous other offices which I think sums up the quality of management at our company image. It's profit, profit, profit as far as Leighton and Crozier et al are concerened so any return to decent service won't be coming unless they change their priorities sharpish.

• Options

postieboy

This is an all too familiar story. Ours is a relatively large delivery office which changes DOM's on a regular basis. Each new DOM brings in a new revision cutting jobs inspite of an average annual increase in drops per delivery of around 10%. This means more work, less postman and an increase in stress related illnesses and the top gaffers think this is more efficient. If they had half a brain they would be dangerous.

Nice to hear from you and keep on running as its the only way you going to be able to complete a delivery in 3 1/2 hours.

• Options

If our guvnor's had half a brain, they might get a half decent job done! I do mainly rural deliveries so it's 4 - 5 hours per day in a van therefore I need to run after work in order to shake off  the cobwebs of cockpit slumber from my system. As for the town deliveries in my office, you have to be super fit in order to complete them in under 3 1/2 hours.

Who'd have thought that a knackering activity like running would be my perfect cure for the stresses and strains of a knackering job! image

• Options

Dude's DOM don't have a brain it's how they get the job image

Still can't find the link for the web page on the social going to be a slow day tomorrow because of the bank holiday Monday so will give it my full attention.

• Options
    postieboy- I'm wiyh you on your reasons for running, if I stop training for more than a couple of weeks I get to unfit to manage my delivery in time to pick up my son and turn inyo a snarling monster due to the stress of the time pressures, still flexibility is all the rage now.
  • Options
    Comrade postie's fitness report :  Not good, however I still have another leg so the Managers at our office can rest easy
  • Options
    Comrade, pp, did a mile tonight, knee fine, C Ya Tommorow
  • Options

I noticed in the RM courier (now lining the cat litter tray) that a couple of gaffers have managed to do something useful for once and raise a load of cash for charity in the FLM. Congratulations to the other two posties who did just as well.

Anyone other than comrade postie racing soon?

• Options
    P.P.doing bognor 10k next week
  • Options
    remohremoh ✭✭✭
    had a 10k ( great edinburgh run) 10k last night(dunfermline) then the dunfermline half this sundayimage
  • Options
    Anyone doing Oxford Town and Gown?
  • Options
    Bald Eagle, I'll be down to watch, prob at the felpham end, good luck
  • Options
    PP, don't forget all gaffers are failed postman, and that they only know all the tricks because they done 'em in the past