Options

Royal Mail Runners

Comments

• Options

Is it my imagination or are 90% of our bosses grossly obese? Certainly nearly all the ones I've met are. I know sitting on their fat backsides all day doing sweet f.a. is the main contributing factor, but surely the top bosses should be promoting a healthier living to their subordinates? image

I strained my calf yesterday driving a hire van with an ultra stiff clutch. RM's rolling stock is a disgrace image

• Options

I posted my polar heart rate monitor to Polar on Saturday 29th March guaranteed next day delivery. Obviously not on Sunday, but they told it would be Tuesday. I used to post things on a Sunday and they would be delivered on a Monday with out the extra cost of gauranteeing a certain delivery time.

Anyway, Polar never got the monitor! Royalmails website said it was delvered but had no record of signature. The lady in the Post Office asked me the value of the item and recomended I used special delivery. Now I am told that IF they accept responsiblity thay will only pay out up to 43 pound.

• Options

Straight jacket - did you send it recorded delivery or special delivery as only specials have full tracking which is why it costs more. Keep on it and threaten them with postcom otherwise they won't chase it.

Postieboy- all our gaffers are on the large side too or are short and bald which is why comerade postie is not a gaffer anymore.

Why do posties cross over to the dark side? 

• Options

Short, fat and bald. My gaffer fits that description perfectly!

To answer your question postie postie, I thought it was the fact the dark side pays very well unless my information is incorrect? Whether it's worth the hassle they get from us is another question. I wouldn't, that's for sure.

• Options

I don't tink its the pay as they don't get docket unless they work a day off anyway most of them are to scared of the senior gaffers to refuse working for sweet FA. Maybe it's because they have an inferririty complex and by picking on the posties the boost their over inflated egos.

11.3 miles today first long run for ages. 

• Options

PostiePostie-I  sent it  special.
    The Idea behind track&trace was so they could follow the item all the way from A to B.Just to say an item was delivered without any proof is pointless.
    Years ago I a registered item was signed for on a pink slip. I used to stick these in a book so if there was any problem a signature could be checked.

I resent the way we are offered a second class service for a greater fee because the E.U. has nothing better to do than interfere.

• Options

straightjacket Try calling in the local delivery office armed with your number from the special sticker (2 letters, 9 numbers, 2letters?) and see if they can help. If the person behind the enquiry counter can't ask for the person from the priority service locker and blag that your an ex postie! Failing this tour left with customer don't care.

let us know how you get on. It's not just the EU but the global fatcats of TNT, DHL etc who backhand, sorry "lobby" the political parties. 

• Options
    Straightjacket , whilst I agree with my colleagues The main reason for the terrible service that Royal Mail operates is purely, PROFIT. We have to make a profit, To be fair the posties are trying their best,however we are constantly be asked to do more and more and soon we will have the dreaded tap on the shoulder as we are going home, so as we can give them another half hour graft, for no extra pay
  • Options

Comrade Postie-I know how it is. I joined in 1978. about 10 years later we were kept being given initiatives to fight the competition. What could we do? Those who needed to do it were doing nothing. I left in 2004 when they shut the TPOs down. And my friends who are still in say it's getting worse.

(anyway, the kind people at Polar have issued me with a replacement monitor. I gave them the number on my receipt and they checked it, saw it was delivered and accepted responsibilty for the loss. I still think it was RM. My monitor had my name on the screen.You couldn't mistake it. But as RM have no proof of it being posted I have kept the monitor unopened and am trying to get RM to accept responsibilty.)

(Don't tell them about the replacementimage)

• Options

Lips are sealed

Any way, It's a big lie in for me tommorow as it's my day off

Nice run in tne evening methinks

Oh and congrats to City Postie Dermot, who done the Blenhiem bolt yesterday

• Options

comrade postie it's too late, your thirty peices of silver will be in your pay packet at the end of the month kindly stitched by the CWU. image still at least the bank manager will be happy.

Ran to work 5.2 in 36min and a bit 

• Options

Ah, Take the money and make it fail

Thats a good idea

• Options

Two bonuses in the space of a month! Didn't agree to the first one to introduce local flexibility, and would like to know what RM are playing at with improved profit figures despite the doom and gloom message image

Anyway, it should pay for a nice week away next month for myself and the family and have a few quid left over for my next pair of running shoes. image

• Options

Ah yes Postie boy, Me off next month too, and will treat to new running shoes

However Postie postie is banned from new items as he is always spending

Only this week he bought a new running vest from Primark !!!

• Options

OH doesn't know about the payoff yet so will try and enter a few more races before she realises.

Only £4 from Primark! 

• Options
    What are / is Gels?
  • Options

Havn't a clue comrade postie more detail needed.

Ran in again in 37.08 

• Options

Ah, mabye someone could explain

I'm off out in a min, left knee strapped because of sore tendon, right knee strapped 'cause of fluid on it

do about three I think

Anyway, YIPPEE to todays pay packet, another Big 4 next week aswell

and one of the dwarf's got threatened today, Comrade..... it's been a good day

• Options
    Good luck to postie postie, who's pre race stress buster today was re-doing his frame and that city bloke Dermot who are starring in the town and gown tommorow
  • Options
    Postieboy Don't forget theres another £400 if you cut your own throat later on if you meet your impossible targets.
  • Options

Fat chance of us meeting our impossible targets. That £400 will go by the wayside.

My office is under-staffed to go along with the overly-big duties. Loads of docket for those who want it. Might not get that bonus but there's lots of opportunities to earn extra should you want to (I'm one of them thanks to my large mortgage).

Perfect weather for running this morning. Will do 9.5 miles in final preperation for next week's Dymock half-marathon. I'm mad. Should be having a lie-in on Sunday!

• Options

Did Oxford Town and Gown 10K managing to scrape in under my target time with 39'40"ish but my official result will nbe a bit slower as I didn't get zapped straight away.

Good luck with your HM postieboy sounds like non of us will get any more extra loot for quite sometime. 

• Options
    will done P P,i P.B today at Bognor not as fast as you 49.12sec 21sec P.B
  • Options

congrats to postie postie and city boy dermot on this morning's town and gown,

perfect example displayed by PP to why i pods should be banned

well done bald eagle

top marks to Royal Mail Runners!!!!

• Options

Any other posties or Royal Mail employee's have a good race this weekend?

Perfect weather here in Oxford, Dry part sunny with a nice breeze

• Options

Not been out since Sundays race as I have an essay to write in my week off but I was cheered to see my miserable Knackered looking colleague delivering my mail each day. If he packed in the fags and exercised a bit more he might cheer up a bit and become almost human.

How are you all getting on? 

• Options

Hey,I was on deliveries on and off for eight years. I didn't smoke but I was knackered and miserable.

• Options
    My postie is extremely miserable. obnoxious,biggoted, ignorant and a bullie,  just ask comrade postie.
  • Options

My postie supports spurs, but nobody's perfect!

I feel physically knackered after a cycle delivery and mentally shot to pieces after doing a rural or parcels delivery in a van. Very strange.

• Options
    i do a rural and it is hard work,