Options

Royal Mail Runners

Comments

• Options
    My postie supports Liverpoo limage well thats what he claims anyway.
  • Options

Just been for a final training run with my work collegue who persuaded me to enter the Dymock half-marathon. Got terrible abuse from the other's at work who don't appreciate running, and I'm sure we'll get more in the morning!

Serves us right for starting and finishing from the office!

• Options
    I scare my office with a pair of track shorts at 5:15 in the morning when I run in.
  • Options

I'm going to need a kit re-think for tomorrow's Dymock 1/2 marathon. Wet-suit and flippers will be the order of the day I think! image

Hope everyone doesn't get too wet this weekend if you're running.

• Options

Do toy mean to say that your RM stormproof coat may not be water tight?

Good luck for tommorrow. 

• Options
    Straight jacket are you doing Abingdon as well then?
  • Options
    Stormproofs are supposed to be watertight? Windproof definitely, doesn't do much when that wet stuff falls from the sky!
  • Options

Ran Dymock in 1:50:14. Not bad condsidering the filthy conditions and that I'd never run more than 5 miles only a month ago.

I would have laughed in anyone's face if they'd told me that I would catch the running bug at the start of the year. Look at me now! image I have to grudgingly thank this job for giving me a good base level of fitness.

• Options
    Postiepostie, yes I am doing Abingdon. I think this will be my fourth time.Going for (again) a 3:15 finish.
  • Options

POstieboy- Congratulations on your HM result. Once the bug bites it doesn't seem to let go. If I don't run for a while I notice it at work so anything that helps me finish quicker is worthwhile in my book.

Straightjacket - you can email through the threads if you want to meet up before the start of Abingdon. I'm hoping for around 3:45 as this is my first full marathon but don't want too get over confident. 

• Options

hiya, i just wondered how u guys get ur legs fresh again after work ready for an evening run?? often my hips ache and my calfs get tight from all the walkin image

• Options

Gullies, I joined RM in 1978 with the idea of finishing work and then going out for a long cycle ride(I was a member of Willesden cycle club). I was a keen cyclist but within two months of working a six day week starting at 5am every day I packed the cycling in.Took up running 5  yeas ago after leaving RM.

(mind you I was always tired even as a kid and the early starts with RM  didn't help)

• Options
    Gullies, I normally go for a run straight after work as I feel fully warmed up to do so. Sometimes I bring my gear to work, get changed once I get back to the office after my round and head straight out due to the excellent location of it for running. The other reason being is that the moment I sit down to rest at home that's it. I'm not moving anymore unless absolutely necessary due to being totally knackered!
  • Options

Evening all,

postie postie, Still can't find the sports social bit on the intrenet, ever they told a fib or the site's is so crap can't see it.

Gullies what shoes are you wearing at work? It might just be standing on concrete all day with rubbish shoes that's doing it?

• Options

I tried using the new and "improved" magnum boot. Now that I've put the insole of an old pair of trainers in them and have regrown my heel they are almost bearable if the weathers too wet for my old running shoes. When I started running I used to go between my delvary and afternoon collection as I had about 2 hours between the two but now I run to work and use the sorting time to sitdown and rest before going out on delivary. I would go after work but I have to look after my youngest as he finishes nursuary at lunch time.

Am hoping to do the Hilly Half in Bourton on the Water if I can get transport can anyone help? 

• Options

Tragedy - Put the spade thru new magnum boot this afternoon whilst digging big hole for fence post

Now looking forward to wet right foot again whilst delivering, they wont let me have another pair for two years, ah well

Doing the OX5 run tommorow, with comrades Loughman, City bloke Dermot and mega mouth Dandy who has actually lost his voice, bit like Father Christmas losing his beard and red suit, so good luck to all of us

• Options
    Two years for a pair of boots? If they're as poorly made as the new shoes, they won't be fit for a tramp after that time! I'm on my third pair of shoes in a year at the moment. It would be a stupid question to ask why RM are giving us rubbish footwear now image
  • Options
    Has anyone worked out what the zip is for other than breaking and making the boots unwearable?
  • Options

Well, 55 mins just under, tough course, that hill on the third mile is a killer

Dandy never showed

Dermot and Loughers did well

• Options
    Congratulations comrade postie on your first race since you gave up the fags. Hope you didn't get too wet. Any chance of  getting your round done in under 4 hours?
  • Options

STORMPROOF coats

Now theres a topic for discussion, Out in the rain today for over five hours ( docket included)

Absolutely sodden -what a load of C**P, right foot soaked ( due to spade going thru boot at weekend)

Idea !!!!  I think once you hit the 10 year mark it should entitle you to decent uniform, like the mega stormproof coat, or the Golden Delivery boots

Postie Postie, I have got the toughest job in Oxon to answer your ludicrus remark above

• Options
    Measured my delivery today whilst swimming round which came to 5.63miles plus a fair bit of ascent. Comrade postie last time you covered my job I heard that you had to resort to an oxygen mask for the higher altitude!!!
  • Options

Yes you do have a toughie, much tougher than the two gnomes

However....

because of your long legs you can deliver Hutchcombe farm in half the time because you can go over the fences

• Options

Anyway

Is there any one out there who thinks that our leaders are doing a grand job and are worth their wages and bonuses?

• Options
    Doing a good but not grand job and no way they are worth there bonuses unless they walk on broken glass into work every morning down in nodnol. Postie postie are you able to claim the mythic distant island allowance? Just wondering because no one seems to know what you have to do to get it?
  • Options
    Cake never heard of it but corade postie delivers to an island so maybe he knows. However all allowances are unobtainable just like bonuses unless you cross over to the darkside.
  • Options
    image It's to late for me crossed over to the darkside a long time ago. image
  • Options

never too late cake

I crossed back after six years

• Options

I want the distant island allowance

I deliver on an island

• Options
    You have to work in Scotland and complete several trials, rescue a princess, do the secret cwu handshake and then get your manager to request it. Never worked out what the dam thing is and deal with people who request it every day. It's like some secret think were if you have to ask then you shouldn't get one. Pure Royal Mail old school. image