Options

Sheffield social

Comments

• Options
    McStu wrote (see)
    That's one of the great things about fell running, anyone can rock up and compete along side the best the country has too offer.

Not just fell running. I ran in Berlin when Haile set the world record.

• Options
    Baz, two questions re: berlin

1. Why were you and haile in germany together?
    2. What did the old bugger get a WR for? Mincing about? image

Didds, no one blaming me flr bil, bar me. image
  • Options
    haileunlikely wrote (see)

cheers for the links baz and riggsy

looks like the cp at owler tor is a bit lower than last year or baz was a cheating fecker last year image

If I was going to cheat I would have done a better job of it.

• Options

looks like the cp at owler tor is a bit lower than last year or baz was a cheating fecker last year image

He was certainly an angry fecker last year if I remember rightly image

That Barefoot running thing looks interesting - think they'll be flogging VFFs at those who attend then?

• Options

cheers for the links baz and riggsy

Do the flags on baz's map show mile markers not checkpoints (no flag showing at Toads Mouth for example)? or are you going on the change in direction as a checkpoint?
  • Options
    Can't remember exactly but think they had to change that CP slightly last year due to the weather. When they say check points it really is in the loosest sense of the word, don't think there was anybody recording numbers as folk came through.
  • Options
    The flags on my map are mile markers rather than checkpoints on the course.
  • Options

He he . .  I remember one simple expletive escaping from Baz's mouth as we cheered him home last year. Baz's intro and exit from fell running each on the same day!

• Options
    Mozzy wrote (see)

He he . .  I remember one simple expletive escaping from Baz's mouth as we cheered him home last year. Baz's intro and exit from fell running each on the same day!

<lying like Darren Bent>
    I loved it really
    </lying like Darren Bent>

• Options
    50 mins on the bike outside and 30 min run image
  • Options
    Was it not too icey Aitch? Can't decide whether to cycle or run 2moz.
  • Options
    No it was fine around here Moz. Think the sun being on the frost all day cleared it. Took it steady on bends and descents though. Only went just over 10 miles.
  • Options
    Just back from a fab run 7.5miles along the trails of Loxley and then up and over Loxley Common and felt great throughout. Bumped into Dean from the club as well so ran the first half or so with him.

Highlight though was as I was running up the hill towards Loxley Common with the sun setting over one shoulder and a full moon rising over the other as 18 horses no less galloped through the field next to me... amazing! image
  • Options

image Sounds awesome.  Wish I didn't work.  I had to go for a walk at lunch there was so much sunshine & blue sky I needed to get out of the building.

McStu wrote (see)

Skiing hopefully won't set me back too much, let's just call it cross training!

Aye, especially if you save pennies on a lift pass & just trot up the mountains with your skis on your back image

• Options
    Only 5mile recovery for me tonight. Calf and lower hamstring have been sore all day after last nights track session, but thought i would try a run anyway. Home (12mile) was main aim but at a conservative pace. Didn't know how far i would get with a few nearer points in mind. Twinges in the hamstring at 4miles and i made the uncharacteristic cautious decision to finish at 5miles point and middlewood tram stop.

K must be ill or gone soft. image
  • Options

Evenin!

Hammered the gym tonight and dreadmilled a bit. image

Mozzy wrote (see)

ET - yeah hoping to do Bosa. Leg fine today - swim later to keep it rested then 12 miler at a bit of a push tomorrow I  think. If that goes well I'll be there on Sunday image. Though London is my priority so treating it as a  tempo run.

Bollocks! Or hadaway `n` shite as Bazza would say. Exactly what `tempo` are you planning to run at! I reckon that the competitive devil will get the better of you.

GI - Stop slacking.

• Options
    McStu wrote (see)
    Just back from a fab run 7.5miles along the trails of Loxley and then up and over Loxley Common and felt great throughout. Bumped into Dean from the club as well so ran the first half or so with him. Highlight though was as I was running up the hill towards Loxley Common with the sun setting over one shoulder and a full moon rising over the other as 18 horses no less galloped through the field next to me... amazing! image

God you can tell the dude's in llllluuuuurrrrrvvvve - first it's Haile being all poetic  now it's McShtew! image

the (easter) eggyptian toe wrote (see)

Evenin!

Hammered the gym tonight and dreadmilled a bit. image

Mozzy wrote (see)

ET - yeah hoping to do Bosa. Leg fine today - swim later to keep it rested then 12 miler at a bit of a push tomorrow I  think. If that goes well I'll be there on Sunday image. Though London is my priority so treating it as a  tempo run.

Bollocks! Or hadaway `n` shite as Bazza would say. Exactly what `tempo` are you planning to run at! I reckon that the competitive devil will get the better of you.

GI - Stop slacking.

Take it easy Gaz - you don't wanna end up on the bench so early in your mara prep. Says the girls who ended up on the bench early in her mara prep.

• Options
    Mozzy wrote (see)
    McStu wrote (see)
    Just back from a fab run 7.5miles along the trails of Loxley and then up and over Loxley Common and felt great throughout. Bumped into Dean from the club as well so ran the first half or so with him. Highlight though was as I was running up the hill towards Loxley Common with the sun setting over one shoulder and a full moon rising over the other as 18 horses no less galloped through the field next to me...

Take it easy Gaz - you don't wanna end up on the bench so early in your mara prep. Says the girls who ended up on the bench early in her mara prep.

nah Mozzy, took it easy and careful, paid attention to body and any little pains. didnt feel any niggle till got to hillsborough. quickly decided then to stop at middlewood and not push on to see if i could run thru it. That is a new thing for me.

No point in getting injured with club run tomorrow and Parkrun saturday to come.

• Options

I reckon I might make the Parkrun on saturday. 
    My first one. 
    I'll be pleased if I'm not last.

• Options
    BMBecky + 25lbs wrote (see)

I reckon I might make the Parkrun on saturday. 
    My first one. 
    I'll be pleased if I'm not last.

Go for it! Might come and watch.
  • Options

I want to come! But me Mozster has x country - can't complain though coz that is very exciting image. Good luck Beckaroo!

Nice one Gaz - hope the niggles subside by tomorrow.

• Options
    Wet and windy for Bosa. Can't wait image.
  • Options
    Mozzy wrote (see)
    Wet and windy for Bosa. Can't wait image.
    Less of the personal stuff; we`re in Yorkshire, lass. Anyone know what the weather will be like?
  • Options

Wet and windy according to the forecast. Though not as wet as was predicted yesterday.

Ooh what to do? Got a 12 mile run to do - really think I should do that today to give my running legs a couple of days rest before Sunday - but good cycling weather todaye and could be frosty tomorrow. Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh  . . . . .  image

• Options

Brick Mozzy?

(that's  suggestion of a cycle ride followed by shorter run, not that we all throw bricks at Moz)

• Options

Morning all image

Tired again today image Only one more get up though before the weekend though and more sleep (I reaaaally hope).

Full day here, staff meeting, pilates and run. Then home for food and ZZzzzzzzzz. Can't wait for this week to end - it's been really crap.

• Options
    Mozzy wrote (see)

Wet and windy according to the forecast. Though not as wet as was predicted yesterday.

Again what about the weather?

Went to see The King's Speech last night.  Very good.

• Options
    Morning!

OMG, I`m nearing 2500 RW posts! Aitch is near 10000!

Finding structuring my running / training programme very tricky. I don`t really have any target races at the mo so I`m just doing whatever training I fancy really. Might well have done a lot before Bosa so maybe ought to do a mini taper before Meltham next weekend and then try to balst that one. Supposed to be a very hilly course which ought to suit me really.

Moz - run. Lovely run weather.