Options

Sheffield social

Comments

• Options

Morning all! image

Oooh - SY Half  - sounds good.  Fits in nicely with marafun plans.  image

I was off work sick yesterday. image 

Still feeling pretty crap today image and have too much work to do image but on the mend image.  Still deliberating parkrun tomorrow... image

• Options
    My week is Monday to Sunday btw

Get better soon LP
  • Options

Didds

I thought you weren't doing the March MMM with it been the week after the Grindleford Gallop. I know we are doing the Feb one (27th). I am off work for the March one so can do it  as well if you want. Failing that I was going to do Wolfs Pit (just because I like the name). 50 miles per week is target for Feb and March in build up for Eyam Half perhaps upto 60ish in April. This week will have done 35ish by Saturday dinner but it has been an easy week to get calf going again.(50 was also picked as an easy example as well)

7 miles done on Kivo Pit no niggles no pain, lovely running conditions a bit cold till you get into your strid, a bit of frost on the ground and clear(ish) sunny skies. Ran in shorts and long sleeve top. One of those mornings when you know why you run.

• Options

Chin up Lady P, it's almost the weekend! image

I'm a Monday to Sunday man myself, though to be honest haven't really counted miles for a long time, I just know I run better when I put in quality training which for me involves a mix of slow runs, tempo runs, speed sessions and long(ish) runs, when I'm doing that the mileage naturally increases.

Had an ace day yesterday, had been told by Ruby to keep the afternoon free as she had a bit of a birthday treat lined up for me. I had to get to her office at 4pm to pick her up and to keep me guessing she told me to bring my running, cycling and swimming kit with me. We headed off and after a while it became clear we were heading towards Sports City in Manchester, I was still however none the wiser given that there's running, swimming and cycling facilities there! Eventually though all became clear when we pulled into the Manchester Velodrome!

So off we went for an introductory session on the track! Great fun if a bit weird initially being on a fixed wheel bike with no gears and no brakes! Also takes a bit of getting used to going round the banking on the corners, doesn't feel natural but thanks to the laws of physics, the bike clings to the track and after a few laps you're flying! Would definitely recommend giving it a go if ever you get a chance. image

• Options
    Would love to give it a go stu but would need the ultimate motivation like Victoria pendleton infront to chase. image
  • Options
    Entry form printed out image
  • Options

SY half

Giro
    RB

MMM

Riggsy
    Didds

Wolfs pit
    Moz - Still tempted to do this instead of Dronfield image

Dronfield 10k

ET
    Mozzy

Monday to Sunday. Though have read about and can see the sense in having a longer training cycle ie 10 days or 2 weeks

image LP - hope you feel better soon.

2.55k  in the pool for me this morning. Dull as shit. No actually - not quite that dull coz I followed a workout from my book. Got stopped by a tryaferleet coz apparently I looked like I knew what I was doing image. Corrected him instantly as clearly I do not. However - though ex fell runner and seemingly a reet dude on the bike clearly he was a bit if a shit swimmer too. So - made a friend then headed out of the changing rooms to find Hazey waiting to buy me a brew image.

Pilates lesson now then sainsburys (2011 is the year of the matching underwear - I'm buying one item every shopping trip - otherwise it would be the co-op) (actually it might have to be tesco coz I've bought Sainsburys out of 36a's) (after having bought 34b's which didn't fit and thus a clear indication of the elapsed period of time since I last bought underwear).

• Options

image - Oops, getting me months confused (obviously too excited about it all).

Yes to Feb MMM and no to March MMM cos of the GG image

Stu - so i guess you got to see the footballing mecca that is Eastlands image

• Options
    SY half

Giro
    RB
    Barry

MMM

Riggsy
    Didds

Wolfs pit
    Moz - Still tempted to do this instead of Dronfield image

Dronfield 10k

ET
    Mozzy
  • Options
    PJAZ wrote (see)

image - Oops, getting me months confused (obviously too excited about it all).

Yes to Feb MMM and no to March MMM cos of the GG image

Stu - so i guess you got to see the footballing mecca that is Eastlands image

Thats what I thought about the MMM not the footballing mecca cause thats Hillsboroughimage but not if we sign Lee Hughesimage

So

SY half

Giro
    RB

MMM

Wolfs pit
    Moz - Still tempted to do this instead of Dronfield

smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

Riggsy

Dronfield 10k

ET
    Mozzy

• Options

How do you decide when a running week starts? Does it start or finish with your longest run? Which for me, is a Saturday. image

• Options
    SY half
    Giro
    RB
    Barry

MMM
    Riggsy
    Didds

Wolfs pit
    Moz - Still tempted to do this instead of Dronfield

Dronfield 10k
    ET
    Mozzy

STC Aquathlon
    Becky (maybe)

Being Lazy
    Becky (maybe)
  • Options
    I work on a Monday to Sunday running week. I think mainly as I view Monday as the start of the week generally.
  • Options
    image - bit of an odd one out with the weekly mileage thing then. Ah well, not that it really matters either way.
  • Options
    Didds - not just with the weekly mileage thing image
  • Options
    New surface on the monsal trail out here near my office in Bakewell bootiful to run on, good for the knees................over 30 miles for me tis week if I do my ten on Sunday. 
  • Options

Still wanna know who Mart Street 1 is . . .

Mark - that'll be the stretch that the Grindleford Gallop takes you along will it not?

• Options

Reet - horrible day at work today but time to go home shortly.  So much stuff conspiring to get in the way of me getting stuff done...image

But anyway...

Have printed off SY Half entry form. image

Might have to cadge a lift off someone though...image

Despite the lurgy, I've decided I'm well enough to do parkrun tomorrow.  So I've registered, and printed off my barcode in readiness.

Do any of you lot meet anywhere specific beforehand?

• Options
    Lady Pineapple wrote (see)

At the start image.
  • Options

Alright, alright! image

Guess it can't be that hard to spot people - s'only Endcliffe Park, innit, which I do of course know my way round...

Oh well, I'll probably run into folks tomorrow then! image

Until then, adieu...

• Options
    No but baz goes to le chambre after. image
  • Options
    For a bit of 'relief', eh...?
  • Options
    6miles done tonight to test toe. No pain in joint but cut on top started to hurt. I Can cope with that.
  • Options

That's good news, GIRO! image

Right - I'm off home now, for real.

Laters!

• Options
    Possibly, He certainly likes to get into the 'swing' of it.
  • Options
    Lady Pineapple wrote (see)

The start is near the playground so somewhere near there. Gareth will be the one without a shirt on.

runningowl wrote (see)
    No but baz goes to le chambre after. image

Sounds good. All I need is the open-minded girlfriend to go with image

• Options
    singles night on a tuesday Barry image
  • Options
    Tuesday you say image
  • Options
    2.5k swim done and felt brilliant. Putting lots of things into practice to get better image

Thank feck it's Friday night and I can chill!
  • Options
    Sounds good Aitch! Both the swimming and the chillin' image

So who's running in the park tomorrow? Lady P, think Bex said she might be? Anyone else? Might come down and have a watch.