Options

Sheffield social

Comments

• Options

Is that the sound of a trumpet being blown I can hear?! image

Speaking of Roger Bannister, I'm reading 3:59.4 at the minute, very inspirational / interesting reading, sounds like the 4minue mile would have been broken long before Bannister if professionalism hadn't been banned.

the (easter) eggyptian toe wrote (see)

Completely agree about needing more local races.Did you not fancy Bosa? Nice race. Are you racing next weekend? Might be able to give lift if you fancy Meltham, unless Didds lends me his scout`s kitfor TT, whatever that  is!

There's loads of local races ET, they're called fell races. image

• Options

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/images/tx/TXGALtrumpet_weiss.jpg

its My trumpet and i am going to blow it hard and LOUD!image

• Options
    Oh my goodness this thread is turning into a pissing up the wall contest! C'mon boys - sort it out!

ET - your sense of humour does tickle me though!

• Options
    runningowl wrote (see)

So is that 2 or 3 races over 10km then? I did 12.

Completely agree about needing more local races.Did you not fancy Bosa? Nice race. Are you racing next weekend? Might be able to give lift if you fancy Meltham, unless Didds lends me his scout`s kitfor TT, whatever that  is!

but did you give it your all in every race? i couldnt force myself to do anything less. no self control.

I ran 3races in 3days and 4races in 4days. couldnt have done that if they had all been long ones.

may do tigger tor  ( 9.5mile)next weekend but main priority is too get body ready to run close to 3hr in marathon. 

So you`re not going to give it your all?!

And doing 4 in 4 means that you cannot be`giving it your all`!

I did Sheff half and Bosa with OH and loved it. Definitely not `my all` but reinforced my love of running! image

Aitch! wrote (see)
    Oh my goodness this thread is turning into a pissing up the wall contest! C'mon boys - sort it out! ET - your sense of humour does tickle me though!
    lol! And I started it! I know it`s ok though because GI never gets wound up!
  • Options
    Baz - my Toon mate keeps writing Sunderland AFC as 5under1and for some reason. Can you help to explain this?
  • Options

nope takes alot more to get me to lose it.

the 4in4days were ran at full race pace for the distance and i got gradually faster as they went. they were a 4.2mile fell, 3mile urban(gay according to didd/stu), a 3mile road and the trunce (3.81 fell race). 

• Options
    Baz - my Toon mate keeps writing Sunderland AFC as 5under1and for some reason. Can you help to explain this?
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

I cant think what it meansimage

Baz?
  • Options
    runningowl wrote (see)

the 4in4days were ran at full race pace for the distance and i got gradually faster as they went. they were a 4.2mile fell, 3mile urban(gay according to didd/stu), a 3mile road and the trunce (3.81 fell race). 

The GI reverse taper principle. Parkrun the day before White Peak?! image
  • Options
    runningowl wrote (see)

The GI reverse taper principle. Parkrun the day before White Peak?! image
    no might give Parkrun a miss but it is the Trunce the day after the WP. image

Might give that a try
  • Options
    lol! recovery run and cold bath done in one swoop!
  • Options
    Lady Pineapple wrote (see)

Despite the lurgy, I've decided I'm well enough to do parkrun tomorrow.  So I've registered, and printed off my barcode in readiness.

Oh well, I'll probably run into folks tomorrow then! image

That's better than me!  I appear to be about 5 hours too late to register image
    I've had such a busy week it was clearly not going to happen, will just go for a run out through rivelin instead.

LP - I think people might get upset if you run in to them image

However, Cake told me that 5k is a gay distance and I ought to spare a thought for Bosa Sunday.

Cake still loves you then?

runningowl wrote (see)

ET- Nothing Gay about 5k. a painful race is a 5k

Phew!  Glad i've not registered then image

Good luck Mozzy Major, Hope he's not too embarrased by his mum!

• Options
    McStu wrote (see)
    McStu wrote (see)
    Sounds good Aitch! Both the swimming and the chillin' image So who's running in the park tomorrow? Lady P, think Bex said she might be? Anyone else? Might come down and have a watch.
    Might do but planning on doing a run tomorrow. Don`t have a printer accessible to get bar coded otherwise I might be tempted to parkrun. However, Cake told me that 5k is a gay distance and I ought to spare a thought for Bosa Sunday.

Likewise, don't have a printer here at Chez Stu, otherwise I may have been tempted myself.

Are there any other gay distances or is 5K the only one? And if so which is the "straightest" of the straight distances?

Straightest of the straight race - easy Bronte (Point to Point got to be straighter than a race where you finish where you started)image

No parkrun tomorow saving my self for the TT plus working in the afternoon did think about going to Barnsley parkrun then work but I would have been at work for 10 a bit earlier for an afternoon shift. Will do the Barnsley Parkrun after a night shift should wake me up for the drive home.

• Options

Me Mozster has X country this morning - did I mention?

Morning dudes image

Feck all interesting to say so I'll nob off.

Gotta fuel up me boy image

Sending lots of speedy park run vibes image

• Options
    Good luck Mozster  image  Morning All image
  • Options

Morning

Good Luck Mozster image

Good luck to the parkrunners today ( a bit late I know)  also good luck to all those involved in the first Barnsley parkrun  this morning.

6 or 7 miles to do this morning then work this afternoon

• Options

Morning!

Hope it`s gone well for Moz and the parkrunners.

I`m `getting ready` by washing clothes for a tiny baby that we`ve dug out from the attic. image

Anyone want to be in a film? Had a request for runners from someone shooting a film in Millhouses next Saturday. They reckon it won`t take long and might be a laugh! image

• Options
    Why have you got a tiny baby in the attic?

I finished 101st in 33min at todays parkrun.
  • Options
    Ran from Wortley to Oxspring and back along the TPT this morning! image 5 miles! Took me an hour, but a gorgeous morning. I don't quite know how, but it was definitely uphill both ways image
  • Options

Nice run along Chesterfield Canal this morning 8  mile in total in around 70 mins. No niggles no pains running felt easy. Saw a couple of other runners who seemed dressed for the middle of winter with hats gloves etc I just had shorts and trusty HH dryfit and was plenty warm enougth.

Highlight of run was a male manderian duck at Turnerswood last saw one at that location nearly exactly a year ago (link to pic from last year)

Quite pleased with this weeks running, feels like the training year starts from now.

• Options

Cracking Parkrun today image

Good to see Baz, LP and GIRO - flying past at 100m per hour as he was late image

Tight hamstrings though so took it easy (25.37) - lots of stretching today then image

• Options

Yeah the 5 relates to how many more points than Newcastle Sunderland have in the league at the moment and 5 + 1 = 6 which gives Sunderland's league position. image

Nice parkrun this morning. Hoping to see a time under 24 minutes as I felt pretty good.

• Options
    runningowl wrote (see)

lol!

Glad the parkrun went well. How did LP do?

Good running Riggsy and Len. Not that cold is it?

Did 4 miles recovery but felt lead-legged.I`m using the GIRO taper for Bosa. I`ve done a run every day for the past 5 daysand been to the gym twice.

• Options
    runningowl wrote (see)

lol!

Glad the parkrun went well. How did LP do?

Good running Riggsy and Len. Not that cold is it?

Did 4 miles recovery but felt lead-legged.I`m using the GIRO taper for Bosa. I`ve done a run every day for the past 5 daysand been to the gym twice.

I thought it was quite warm and ran in shorts. Good luck for tomorow to those doing Bosa.
  • Options
    LS21LS21 ✭✭✭
    Ow do all,

Barnsley Park Run for me today. 2 miles there, a steady plod round in 22 mins or so and a steady 2 back gives me a nice 7 for the day.

Brass Monkey tomorrow. Plan there is to have a steady one, prob somewhere between 1'30 and 1'35ish. I'm prob in sub 1'25 shape but a long way off PB shape. So I'm being cautious and bearing the big picture in mind. A 1'27 or a 1'37 is neither here nor there for me tomorrow - it's all about getting some miles in with minimal risk of injury, so the lid will be firmly kept on I think. Be good to go and see a few folk though and catch up with friends image

Got 'marders' from the sub-3 thread staying with me tonight. I think his target tomorrow is sub-65 mins!!
  • Options

I remember the days of 22 mins being a plod for 5K image

Good to see you back running properly again LS21.

• Options
    LS21LS21 ✭✭✭
    Not sure about the term 'properly' Baz. I still run like a clown, but I suppose that is 'properly' for me!
  • Options

How about regularly then?

23:27 for me this morning image Goal from now on is to try and get and then keep my times under my average which is currently 23:23.

A storming 32:49 for GIRO. He looked so happy at the finish to have (finally image) broken the 33 minute barrier.

• Options

I was a massive 1'35 off my PB this morning image

If I can be bothered I may do the Grindleford to Great Longstone leg of the GG in the morning (and back) image

Lee - have a good race tomorrow.

Bosa bunch - have a good 10k tomorrow all of you.

• Options

Good parkruning there chaps! And Lee - can you actually keep the lid on it in a race? I'm planning on doing that at Bosa 2moz coz I'm a bit niggly image. God it's gonna be difficult.

Me Mozster did it again! Set off like a bat out of hell - all the colour must have drained from my face because on of the dads kept saying - 'He'll be alright Kate - he'll be alright' - He lead from  the start and I was screaming 'KEEP IT STEADY - KEEP IT STEADY!' - no need really - he made it look like a piece of piss and won by a mile! Regardless of my 'it's just about taking part and enjoying it' strategy, he was nearly in tears in the car on the way there - told him that we didn't need to go - we could head off to cineworld and see a film instead. But 'Oh mum . . . but then I'll feel awful beacuse I didn't try - I'll have given up!' image. He perked up when he saw his mates and teacher though and  from his sprint start he was clearly dead set on winning. Still - healthy I think as he shook all the other boys hands again and streaked off around the course numerous times to cheer his mates in the other races on. Crikey it's stressfull - I need a drink!

• Options
    LS21LS21 ✭✭✭
    Nice work little Mozzster image

Moz - re the keeping a lid on it. What's the point not doing (at present)? I could give it 100% tomorrow which would rapidly heighten my chance of re-injury. And for what, cos I'm unlikely to run much better than 1'25. So a nothing time for me really. It's forgotten about straight away, cos it's way off what I'd aim for if fully fit. 1'35 or 1'25 is just the same outcome for me - forgotten about instantly and counts for nowt. So the plan is to run (or at least do first half with) a mate who's targetting 1'35. It's a no-brainer. I have NOTHING to gain by full-on racing it.

IF I do London I've actually got to the start line in one piece first. So time to run with my head for a bit.