Options

IMCH 2009

Comments

• Options
    Nice one Kanga

Bastard.
  • Options
    LOL Kanga - great report mate, and well done on most improved!  PMSL about poor Melds, you rotten bugger!  image
  • Options
    Kanga great report.   And I do aim to get my name on that shield at some point.  (Though it definitely wont be next year) Much as I would love to sign up right now I think I would get killed!
  • Options

well raced kanga.  i'll have to post that running footage from the swashbuckler one of these days.

still working my way through the funkin's reports.

• Options
    Great report Kanga image and yes, Mrs K is very lovely!
  • Options

Just got back from a 2 week holiday with no internet access, working my way back through the race reports and I think the cleaners must have not done my desk while I was away as it's very dusty in here or something........

It's been said bfore but I'll say it again you are ALL ORSUM!

• Options
    Kanga - three amigos! love it.......great report that captures the moment.
  • Options
    I've put some picture up on facebook. They're not a patch on Mrs Funkin's but they're there if you want a look. I've tagged everyone I am friends with image
  • Options

Great race report Kanga - I don't think I will ever forget the effort of trying to eat without throwing up on that scary Sunday morning.  I am very glad Jen had met me before or she might think I was slightly weird!!

i guess i should publish my race report soon?

• Options
    Yes you should Shiraz *drums fingers*
  • Options
    Mrs FunkinMrs Funkin ✭✭✭
    JD. wrote (see)

still working my way through the funkin's reports.

LOL!  They could have been longer image
  • Options
    Kanga-Great report mate, what an improvement, I have already done almost as much swimming after IMCH as i did before, and running a bit as well, need to sort bike before i can do anything on that, but out on MTB wednesday, "hills are my friend" wonder how long it takes before i am p%%sed off with saying that.image
  • Options
    TB, hills are your friend mate, and hill reps should make you almost orgasmic with delight.
  • Options

Bassy-have decided to go for some cheap wheels to get this bike on the road for now, and get a new bike for next year in the sales, as un able to get an Ultegra hub for an 8sp cassette Then i can get one with desent gearing and lots of gears.

Last wednesday was told of 273 staff at the company i work for that 159 will be laid off by October 21st, then this morning was told that the company is closing, but have no date yet.image Plenty off time to trainimage

Am going to Ditchling this Wednesday eve and attempt to get up it, this will be my aim before the year is outimage

• Options
    That is providing i do not blow my knee out this weekimageimage
  • Options

Just read Kanga's race report!

If I had known that he was as close to me on the bike as he was I would have had a pee instead of getting rid of the flem image

• Options

Ive got some winter training wheels you can borrow that will take an 8 speed.  Campy Moskva rims laced 36 spoke to 105 hubs. I just want them back before winter.

Note Ive currently only got the rear as HH has borrowed the front!

• Options

Here it is finally, it has taken me a long time to get my head around the fact that it is over and I am infact an Iron Lady!!

Swim

Missed the start thanks to my lovely idiot other half - was still on the beach when everyone else started swimming
    My first experience of an ironman mass start, but I was on my own...
    Had a bit of a punchup and got the odd facekick
    Overtook 1750 people
    Wow - I'm doing an Ironman

T1

Waved to Hollywood when he eventually arrived - he really should learn to swim

Bike

Got overtaken by 1500 of the 1750
    Second lap was definitely longer than the first - there were all sorts of places and views I definitely never got taken through first time around
    But I did see the sheep with cowbells on twice
    Stopped for a pee - picked a spot between two cars - road camber meant I created my own ford across the road
    Enjoyed first time up HeartBreak Hill immensely - put in a couple of comedy wobbles which scared the crowd
    Second time up was very very grateful to see Munch at the top - Zurich may have gone home, but there were still pirate supporters out there

T2

Very grateful to arrive having had no p-words and no mechanicals.

Run

Had a plan to run the whole way, but fully expected I might have to walk.
    Whenever I saw Holly-GL she was smiling - so no idea what everyone else is talking about.
    Felt really bad overtaking all the pirate boys - it probably didn't make them feel any better either. Thanks to whoever said I think the machine is broken on the 3rd lap it made sure I ran the rest of the way.

Finish

Huge thanks to everyone who was out their supporting - having done the Sherpa thing a few times I know what a tough worrying emotional day it can be.  Special thanks to:

• Hollywood for not supporting me on my last lap of the run - he knew it would just make me cry; crying and breathing at the same time has always been an issue for me.
    • Atom for fixing my neck in transition on Saturday
    • Mrs Funkin for the support over the last year

Other stuff

I always knew I would do one - but when you live with Hollywood you can't mention this until your ready to enter or you won't hear the end of it.
    Yes, it was my first ironman!
    I win the most bags of fluid award - two drips and a nice 3 hour lie down in the medical tent afterwards - no bill for 140 chuffs received yet - and when it does arrive I can honest reply saying I don't remember receiving the drips image

Never let me get into a 'I will do it if you will' conversation with Funkin again!!!

Enjoy Roth - I will be thinking of you all and no doubt wishing I was out their too

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭
    Awww Shiraz, you did so well hon image
  • Options

Bassy I think HH might have had his wheel fixed - will deliver it to you when we manage to arrange something re potions and powders - maybe a mid week swim soon?

Nice report Shiraz, and storming race! Still places at Roth, apparently....tis not too late........ image

• Options
    great report Shiraz image
  • Options
    Nicel report Machine lady  image
  • Options
    A little quote stolen from Tritalk ....

wow.. was soooooo much fun seeing many tritalkers... but have to say that we (*tritalkers*) need to work harder to get the comradship that the priates had.

We appear to be setting some standards  image
  • Options

good quote Meldy and some more great reports.......

I for one would never have thought an ironman was within my capabilities if it wasn't for the pirates..........and would have really of struggled to finish it without the pirates support.........

• Options
    Great report Shiraz, bet it was fun swimming through all us back markers image
  • Options

Wonderful Reports.
    Funkin's speedy heart resulted in very smoky eyes moment.
    Toucs, lovely, lovely report!!! HappyCahp, tell him I said that as you're probably on the computer image
    Kanga, Would love to have seen that conga!!!
    Shiraz LOL over the overtaking 1750 on the swim, getting passed by 1500 on the bike. I know that feeling.

Since I missed out on the Roth relay, I'm thinking of coming to Roth as a sherpa. Must see how easy it is to get to from my local airport. Hate flying through Dublin! I need another pirate outing to look forward to!

• Options
    Shiraz you would have overtaken me on the swim but I would have been one of the ones who didn't catch you on the bike image
  • Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭
    Message passed Orca image and be great to see you in Roth 
  • Options
    oooh, yes, come for the jolly Orca! image
  • Options
    Yes Orca!  Would be great to see you!