Options

Calling all Bupa Great North Run hopefuls

Comments

• Options

My real running history started at the beginning of 2007. With an excess 4stone hanging around my body, I decided enough was enough! Down with the biscuits and on with the running! To start with I couldn't manage 1minute of running without collapsing but persevere I did and also set myself  a target to complete one of the race for life events. 6months, countless hours slogging it on the treadmill and pounding the streets later, I completed the race for life- with much support from my much fitter than I mother- I completed the race for life in 29:30!! Pleased with myself I entered more 5k events eventually buildung up at the end of 2007 to Salford Womend's 5mile road race.  This year, 2008, saw me complete the Great Manchester run in 53:32 and inspire to aim further so I entered the Great North run! I'll be running alongside my mum and 2 of my brother's although I'm sure we'll all be doing different times!

I'd love to be trained so that I can hone my running technique and really put myself to the test in my first half marathon which  will hopefully be the first of many!!

I'm hoping to complete GNR in 1hour 45minutes and I'd be so proud of myself if I did!!

• Options
    CeridwenCeridwen ✭✭✭

I took up running in 2004 at the age of 50 after a lifetime of being non-athletic. I had been obese as a child, and thus shunned by my sports teachers (this was in the 1960s-1970s, perhaps it is different now). In 1992, I had been diagnosed with asthma. From the start, I found running difficult, and matters never changed. However, I persisted and worked up to half-marathon distance. I ran/walked the Great North Run in 2006. I completed the distance, but for some reason it destroyed me psychologically. I decided to give myself a rest from running for a few months. Then life got in the way very seriously for a number of reasons. In March 2008, I nearly died of an asthma attack. While I was being stabilised in hospital, it was discovered I had a growth in my chest. This turned out to be a bit of my thyroid, which had decided to migrate down and then grew to the size of a melon. I had my breastbone split to remove the melon and my throat slit to remove the rogue half of my thyroid.

I am now finally returning to normal. I keep looking at my running gear, wondering how to start again. I now live in the Rhondda and don't know how to cope with the hills. I was never able to deal with hills before. I also cannot succeed in gearing myself up psychologically to put on the gear and leave the house.

Do I deserve this elite training? Most certainly not! I am a total failure as a runner. Do I want it. Oh yes, very much. Should you give it to me? Well, I would present a nice big challenge for you to triumph over!

• Options
    HiI completed the Great North Run last year for the first time in 1hr 52.  I was running to celebrate my 10th year anniversary from graduating from Newcastle, and I thought this was the appropriate way to give something back to a fantastic city and my home for a short time.  I have now become hooked.  This year I am running to celebrate the launch of my own fitness business – Natural Perspectives – An outdoor personal training service, which inspires and encourages people to participate in such events.  I am officially affiliated with the mental health charity Mind and I hope my business will raise money for such a worthwhile charity for years to come.  I have now enrolled into the next 3 Great North Runs and my ambition is to run as many as possible in my lifetime (well until the legs hold out), as this event is certainly now, very close to my heart.  The opportunity to be treated as an elite athlete would be not only be an incredible experience for me, but it would also mean I would know somebody there I know….as this year, I am running my own and I’m not even sure if anyone is coming up to see me at the finish line either – so I could so with some new friends and support! I hope to hear from you, Oliver (oli.roberts@yahoo.co.uk)
  • Options
    name. lynne sheppard

brief running history, i have been running on and off for about 25 years, more off than on sometimes. I have done the GNR about 12 times and the New York City Marathon in 2006. which was a fantastic experience and my goal was to do just one marathon, how wrong was i. I so now want to do another.

I am now 50 and have recently undergone a hysterectomy and my training (such as it was) has gone out the window and I really need some help and support to get going again and I feel this could be it.
    I have lost a lot of confidence since my surgery and need the push and motavation to get out there.

Also I really promised my dad I wouldnt do GNR again. SORRY DAD WRONG AGAIN.

please help. and good luck to those already entered its a fantastic run and a great experience.
  • Options

Name: Phill Taylor (aged 28)

Running History:  I started running in 1999 to get fit for my first London Marathon in 2000, which I ran to raise money for the RSPCA.  I instantly became a running addict and gradually increased my mileage to a reasonable level.  Once the marathon was over I then started to compete in many local races and found that my favourite distance was the Half Marathon.  My pb for the half marathon is 1hr 13min 48sec.  I now compete locally and nationally almost every week and win quite a lot of my races, as I now take my training pretty seriously.

Why train me?  Unfortunately whilst I was training for the London Marathon this year, my 9th consecutive London Marathon, I broke my 5th metatarsel in my foot whilst training.  I had to miss 8 weeks of training and my beloved London Marathon, so to run in the Great North Run would be a great boost to my confidence.  I have since started training again and am currently running between 50 and sixty miles a week and have done a couple of races recently (one of which I won!)

Half marathon goal: sub 1hr 13min.

• Options

I always thought I hated running (memories of being lapped on the 800 metres at school) until one day about five years ago I decided to give it a go.  The first run was tough (as have been many since) with every bit of my body aching but I soon realised how great it is to get outside and run (or plod).  I've now completed three half-marathons, a few 10ks and even a couple of fell races (it's good to be last and still get a prize!).

I would be delighted and cry with joy if I could complete a half in under 2 hours.

I've progressed a bit since I started with my half PB being 2 hours and 15 mins but would love to have the support and training to get under two hours.  It would be marvellous to achieve my goal in the North East as I'm from Northumberland and I would be a challenge for the team to train - the mind is willing but the body sometimes wants to lie down and have a pint! 

• Options
    I'd like to second CC2  Speedy Goth who amazes me with her determination! I think she deserves a place. She's also really supportive of everyone else's efforts and a real pleasure to talk to on here.
  • Options

Brian Shepherd

Running History: I started running in the mid eighties and entered the odd race through work but it wasn't until 2001 I entered and ran the London Marathon (4.12) I continued to enter 10k's and the occasional 10 miler and ran the GNR twice in the late 1990's. I have continued to run for fitness every other night up until a close colleague died of cancer in March which motivated myself and five others to run in the Windermere marathon (4.32 ouch!) for the local hospice. I was disappointed with this time and felt I should have done a lot better.

I was I know I have seriously underperformed over the years and now I am 43, still built for running and most importantly I am still motivated and keen to do a lot better.I have ran the same old comfort route for far to long and I need a good kick up the backside I have the mental strength and determination to see the program through and as running is my favorite sport I feel I cannot fail in the task. You can expect me to listen,work hard and apply myself to the training.

My GNR target time would be (with training) 1.40

• Options

Brief running history: 

I enjoyed cross country running at school but that was over 20 years ago !!!  Eight years ago  I rediscovered running after joining the local gym with a weight loss goal . I discovered I hated the rowing machine,  the bike bored me but the teadmill burned the calories the fatest so I gravitated towards it !!!  

Reason why we should train you:

I am a stay at home mother of 3 looking for a new challenge.  I am still carrying some post baby weight and I like a glass of wine. That said I have just completed the local 10k in under 1 hour (ok it was 59 51, but its still under!!) .  I don't realistically think I can run much faster so I believe my next challenge should be to run further not faster.

Half-marathon goal:

I am more competitive than I am willing to admit to and the I would want me to complete the course in a  respectable time that would be comparable to 10k In under the hour . I have no idea how to bridge the gap between a 10k and a half marathan  Who knows if I nail a half will that little voice at the back of my mind  tell me I have if I can turn a 10K into a half marathan you can then turn a half to a full .I am 36 now and  wouldn't it be great to say that by the time I am 40 I have completed a marathan.

• Options
    I am a driven and enthuastic runner and my current goal is the FLM. I have entered via the ballot, and i am currently training with this in mind.
    I have been running for only 8months now, after being bitten by the bug. I have completed the Sevenoaks Seven (56.08m), Darenth Valley 10k (47.56m) and my latest race was the Bluewater 10k (46.08m chip time). My race times have improved and i always felt after the races that i could have done better as i always had energy, and possibly a few more miles in me. But race judgement comes with experience and what an experience it would be if i could win this and have my own bespoke plan.
    The furthest to date i have run is 10miles and that took me 1h17m.

I have had a few set backs with shin splints (over eagerness), but have not given up.
    I have not yet run in a half marathon and would set myself the target time of 1h 45mins, but with your help maybe 1h30min?
    Good luck everyone.
  • Options
    tobybananatobybanana ✭✭✭
    Hi - I'm Toby. I'm 26 and hadn't run a single footstep until 2006. I've run 3 marathons, and 2 GNR's but all in very slow times. My best GNR time is 2:15. I want to get under 2 hours, but i ONLY run in my banana costume. My sole reason for running is to raise money for Leukaemia research in memory of my girlfriend (habe raised over £10k to date). To be honest I don't enjoy running so find training a real chore. I am 6 ft tall and 14 stone so FAR from ideal athlete build. However I am determined and would love to take part in this amazing competition. Thanks
    Toby
  • Options

Name: Nick Evans

Running History:

I have been running seriously for 8 months. The longest race distance I have completed so far is 10k.

Why you should choose me:

I took up running last year as part of my attempts to lose weight. I lost four and a half stone in all, going from fifteen and a half stone to 11 stone.

I started out using the beginners' training schedule on the RW website (the ones building up to being able to run for 30 minutes). A month after completing this I took part in my first 5k, finishing in 24 minutes 27 seconds which I was pleased with.

When I started running I set myself a number of goals - one being that I would complete a half-marathon this year. I have a charity place in this year's GNR, supporting Guide Dogs.

I am now at the stage, with little over 3 months to go, that I have to think seriously about training for the GNR. My running has had to take somewhat of a back seat over the past month as my wife gave birth to our first daughter at the end of May (although I've still been running 3 times a week) I would welcome some external input as to how I can maximise the benefit of my training, given that in common with many others I have to fit it around family life a full time job and commuting into London each day.

My Goal for the 2008 GNR 

I hope to finish the GNR somewhere between 1 hr 50 mins and 2 hours. If you'd asked me a month ago I would have said definitely sub 1 hr 50, but not being able to train as much as I would have liked has forced me to re-evaluate my expectations.

• Options

Hannah Lucas

Running history:  I have always enjoyed running but have only ever really done it in a gym on a treadmill until recently - last 3 months.  I have done the race for life a few times and now want to progress a lot further with distances and events. I am applying for a couple of 10k races this summer, but that will be my furthest so far. My ambition is to do the London Marathon before I am 30, although I am 29 now so have to get my skates on. (or running shoes)

My goal would be to run the Great North Run in around 2 hours, and think with the right training this would be possible. (fingers crossed)

Why should you train me - well I have recently given up smoking and lost 2 stone after having my second daughter all through running, but all I do is run on a treadmill or round the local park, I could do with the advice on training and nutrition!!! If I was chosen then this really would be the highlight of my year!!!!

• Options

My name is Steve Treweeks, and at the age of 42  I am a keen but frustrated amature runner who, having run everywhere as a smal boy let real life get in the way and only got back into running in my late 30's.

Having run my first 10K, my first 5 mile and my first marathon in Edinburgh, and following injury after injury, I was keen to start 'proper running' and ramp up my fitness and cut down my times, but was stopped in my track (so to speak) by a diagnosis of a rare abdominal Cancer. My first appointment at The Christie Hospital was on the Thursday before my second Edinburgh Marathon, which i completed in over an hour better than my previous best. I continued to train up to a 10K Race for Life at Hampton Court Palace 8 days before my surgery, which was major.

My recovery has gone well, and since October 2007 I have run a 5 miler, and my third Edinburgh Marathon (which was incredibly tough but I refused to be beaten).

I would love the chance to get get such excellent guidance and support to help me to run a half marathon in a time of sub 90 minutes, which I could be proud of on lots of levels, and that I would dearly love to be capable of. I love to run and what greater prize could there be than to be guided to success in The Great North Run?

• Options

Running history - Started running 2 years ago as I had a charity place in the GNR  I was a bit over keen and injured myself so never made it. Bought Runners World and started again. Made my first 10K last year and loved it!. Running helps keep my head straight!

After achieving the 10K I ground to a halt despite the benefits...lack of a goal I suspect and maybe a bit of lack of self belief too. I've been through a hellish time recently at work but am beginning to pull it back through getting out running again. I'm starting back with run /walking again, have lost half a stone and am changing career!

Why you should train me - I love running but that's all I do, just get out and listen to my body. I read RW with all the advice about fartlek, pacing etc... but to be quite honest have wondered how it could benefit me. I'm not sure about joining a club so feel that this would be a great opportunity to learn more about improving as well as 'just running'. I'm not sure I'd have the confidence to go for a half on my own, and would really love this opportunity. It'd also be great to be a pear-shaped 40 something model featured in RW....good inspiration for all other pears out there!

Goal - To run a half marathon!

• Options

Never one to go far without a Lucozade Sports drink or gel.............I'm 32, been running for 4 years, mostly 10k with the odd 10 miler or half marathon.  Running makes me feel good about myself and less guilty when I have a cheeky beer !!!  In September 2007, I had a one off seizure which meant losing my driving licence for one year.  This impacted not only on my personal life but on my career as a Police Sergeant. 

Running took on a new dimension, it was no longer just for fun and keeping fit.....it was my new mode of transport.  Work is only 4 miles away but my experience has shown me a car is not a necessity - we were given feet and legs for a reason - to make them do the work !!

I should be chosen for the Great North Run as the race is one year on from my incident and will allow to reflect on how I managed without a car, the places I've seen, the people I've met along the way and a reminder that you don't need a car to travel !!!

In the last year, our family has lost 4 relatives and close friends to Cancer.  This would be the perfect opportunity to give something back by raising funds for Cancer Research and most importantly to cross the finish line with a beaming smile on my face knowing that I have just completed the world's largest half marathon.

Pick me for the Lucozade Sport Super Six !

• Options

Name:  Caroline Spurry

Brief running history:  Since childhood, I have always been hugely overweight but admired long-distance runners.  I NEVER thought I could be a runner.  I took up running  in 2004 to lose weight after my second child was born.  I was obese, weighing more than 16 stone (height only 5ft 6) and could not run for 100 yards, but I was determined to succeed.    I gradually built up to running my  first 10k  (1 hour 17 minutes).  In 2007 I sought help - a personal trainer - to achieve my goals of running further and faster and losing weight.  I can now run 10k in 53minutes, and have run a half marathon in 2 hours 2 minutes.   Most importantly for me, I am now a normal and healthy weight, less than 11 stone, and have changed so much, people I haven't seen since summer 2007 don't recognise me.  Running has not only transformed my body, but also my mental health,  helping to ease years of depression.

Reason why we should train you: I have had weekly personal training sessions for more than a year, demonstrating my absolute commitment to improving my running.  I enjoy pushing myself in response to external advice.  I take all advice on board in order to become a better runner.  As well as my running, I weight-train and cross-train to improve my fitness for running.  You should train me because I am so good at being trained!

Half-marathon goal: To shave off those 2 minutes to get round in under 2 hours.

• Options

Name: Di Joyce

Running history:  2 years ago I decided to run the 5k Walk For Life instead of walking it despite being 20 kgs overweight.  Last year I went from running 5k to finishing the Great North Run.  I currently run 3-4 times a week and I am hooked on running.

Why me?  I am 44, and I love running although i am still a novice runner.  I could do with the advice on how to train for the GNR and i have the enthusiasm that has meant that I have infected many of my friends and colleagues with the running bug.

Whilst I completed the GNR last year, it was a struggle and I  was so tired at the end that I feel I missed out on enjoying the amazing atmosphere and comraderie of all the runners   Tired or not I was very proud of myself and I want to do it again.  With help I could really enjoy it.

Half marathon golf:  To really enjoy the race and finish with enough left in the tank to enjoy the atmosphere.

Thanks

• Options

Name - Izzy Styles

Running History - I started running 2 years ago, as part of my recovery from anorexia. I was determined to prove to myself that I hadn't ruined my body too much. So I entered the Bristol Half Marathon and finished in 2.18, with tears of joy. Since then I've entered lots of races. Especially muddy ones like the Sodbury Slog. I'm not afraid of a challenge and so far this year I've completed Tough Guy and the Windermere Marathon and raised £2700 for charity!

Why you should train me - I've got loads of enthusiasm and determination but I'm usually pretty slow. I'm the really smiley one towards the back of the pack. For once I'd love to be the smiley one finishing somewhere in the middle. I'm 22 and very active so I'm sure I've got it in me, I just need someone to help me along the way. I've overcome a lot to get my fitness back after being ill and now that I'm building some confidence and stamina I want to find out what I'm truly capable of. This prize would be an unbelievable support.

Half-Marathon Goal - My pb is 2.03, I would love to achieve sub-2hr, but if I've got someone to help me and push me then maybe I can do even better!

• Options
    Alex Davies 39yrs by the time of the race.

History
    I took up running two years ago to help me stop smoking. It helped with that but I have been genuinely surprised and delighted how much I enjoy running. I have run a few races including a 1hr 30 min half marathon. I am running the GNR for Breast Cancer, a condition my mother got a few years ago and want to raise as much money as possible.

Why me?
    I just go out and run and love it but my naivety has caused me problems. At the end of last month I overdid it and ended up in hospital with dehydration and rhabdomyolysis. If anybody needs some advice and good rules on fuel and training, then it's me.

My Goal.
    I want to be sub 1hr 30, I know with the right training I could do it.
  • Options

hi imagei am 53 and am married with 4 children, 3 boys and 1 girl ranging from 15 years to 27 years.  i have been looking through all these varied messages and am now terrified because my running times seem to be rubbish compared to everyone elses! image Also  i'm a newbbie so please be kind.                  

Brief history: Started running about a year ago after someone  asked me to join a running group with them'. My friend gave up after 6 weeks and as for me, after running 3 times a week, with several 5ks and 2 10ks under my belt i am well and truley addicted! I usually run on my own come rain or shine, and because i am a full time registered childminder, two of my running sessions are in the evening. I really lve running and revel in the feeling of utter relaxation and peace every run brings.  Just before jan i hurt my knee and was unable to run for a little while, and how i missed it!!!

Why i should be chosen:   I need a big challenge at the moment as my dad died recently and i sometimes feel sad so i need  a challenging project and what could be better than running! and in one of the  most well known races.   I can promise my utmost commitment and a desire to improve my running style and times. Also i will enjoy sharing my progress with anyone who is interested!

It would be a great  honour to be trained and supported by such great proffessionals. 

My goals: To finish the race in a respectable time and to not walk ! 

Thanks for your time everyone. ximage

• Options

Lynne Pearson

I began running 2 years ago with the assistance of a local running group. My first run was memorable in that I could barely run for more than 10 mins at a time without stopping for a rest and to catch my breath - and I thought I was fit!

However I loved the challenge and friendly competitveness of a running group. Within a few months I had started my love affair with running. I started racing on a few local 10ks and my confidence just grew and grew progressing to a half marathons and finally the Edinburgh marathon in May this year.

I would like to be offered this training opportunity  because  I took up running following giving up smoking - a habit for well over 20 years!. I would like to inspire and motivate others who think they cant turn round their lives  and demonstrate to them just what is possible.

Half marathon goal would be in the region of 1hr 45 mins.  

• Options

Susan Middleton,

Have done plenty of keep fit over the years but never running, believing I didn't like it! I turn 40 this year ( 2 weeks before the race ) and decided I needed to challenge myself. I entered the GNR, was accepted, and have surprised myself that I actually do enjoy running. Unfortunately I  sustained an injury which stopped me running for several weeks. I am now back to running but feel any additional help, advice,support would be beneficial. My goal is to complete the race in a reasonable time and hopefully not be the last one over the line!

• Options

44 year old overweight runner (6ft 2in and 22 stone)

Running since May 2006- have completed a 30-miler, 5 marathons and 16 half marathons amongst other races (half mara PB 2h 36min 46sec in Bath last year). Did GNR last year for Cancer Research UK.

Determined and mentally strong but need structure to running as my working life (GP) makes it difficult to see what I can do (losing weight aside) in order to improve. Already have place for GNR and have booked hotel, but would love to find how to improve-so if you pick me I promise to give 110%

• Options

Name: Helen Smith
    Brief running history: Started Jan 2008, never entered a race but looking to do 10K
    Reason why we should train you:I have only just started to run since I have lost 4 1/2 stone on the lighterlife weight loss programme.  I always wanted to run but felt too self conscious to actually do it until I lost the weight.  I now feel proud that I have been successful in completing the weight loss and one of my goals has always been to run the Great North Run, which has helped me complete the programme as we were asked to set out our goals of what we want to do once we loose the weight.  This has kept me going, throughout the hard times!!! It is helping me maintain the weight loss!!!

I did enter for the run this year but missed out on being selected.  I wanted to go independent to be able to split my sponsorship between my friends charity and Cancer Research.  My friend Michaela Allen passed away from Leukemia on my birthday 5 years ago, she found out two weeks before we finished our 1st year at University.  I have always said "I will one day, I will run the Great North Run for her and the people who helped her over her five year battle."  Hopefully you will be able to help me achieve this goal.  I have a few family members who are currently or have been treated for cancer and would like to put the rest of the sponsorship towards finding a cure.

For you to train me would be the icing on the cake and help me achieve my life goals, which I will then be able to tick off my list!  I would really appreciate your help in all information and support you can provide!!

Half-marathon goal:  My goal is just to finish but hope to complete within 3 to 4 hours which I hope with your help I will be able to acheive this.

• Options

I started long distance running 3 months back and have been using Runners' World and Lucozade Sport since then which are a constant inspiration and support for a new runner like me.

I have done a 10 mile run and am runnning the Birmingham and Black Country Half Marathon on the 5th July. I would love to run the Bupa Great North Run for Lucozade and Runners' World because I think it is an exciting opportunity and I think I should be chosen because I am somebody who has started running recently and getting constant support from both the places for not giving up.

I have also applied for a place in the Flora London Marathon 2009. 

• Options

Name: Jon
    Brief running history: Started 4 years ago when i realised i was getting a bit fat and sweaty.
    Reason why we should train you: Well i've done the last 3 Great South Runs and this year tried the Reading half marathon, I put a lot of training into it but must have got something wrong somewhere, i did it in 1hr 54min and felt really bad had to stop about 5 times, really dizzy and went to medical tent (assisted) to get some help. Luckily the medical staff did help and filled me with high energy drinks and things they really made the difference for me. Anyway i've put in for the Great South Run again for this year i wanted to do the GNR too prior to the Reading Half but lost my bottle.

I feel confindent again now, i just need the expert help to get me through it and pace myself better, I'm here and willing to go for it, just help me acheive it , please. 

Half-marathon goal:1.42

• Options

Hi Cathrine,

I would like to be part of the super six please. I have been running on and off for the past 3 years since packing up the ciggys. I also started running to lose weight, I tend to yoyo quite badly at one point i tipped the scales at 21 stone (ish) but now post flm 2008 I am at just under 15 stone, I am aiming to do more marathons but would really appreaciate a really good training plan to crack 2hrs at GNR  (I did 1hr 56mins at the Great North west Half earlier this year so technically it is possible)  and lose a bit more from off the middle!

Basic running stats for your selection process: Marathon best 4hrs 45mins, Half best as above 1hr 56mins, 10k 53mins 18 secs, 5k club time trial 24 mins ish ( and I won a easter egg to date my only running prize)

thats about it i got into running to turn my life style round joined a club (Kirkstall Harriers) am having so much fun with my running which is brilliant. Oh and I am sucker for some free swag and will run along way for a free T shirt!

• Options
    Name : Catriona Welsh (35)

Brief Running History : After running while at school, I followed the more popular route of mixing studying/partying while at university. Half-heartedly began running when I started working and kept promising myself I'd enter a race. I contracted meningitis a couple of months before my first race (Glasgow Half Marathon 2002) and had to pull out. Fully recovered and realised I should do what I can while I can and didn't look back. Since 2003, have run 7 marathons (best time 3:17 in Chicago 2005) and 5 half marathons (best time 1:31).
    Haven't run seriously since falling pregnant in 2005. Now getting back into it after birth of daughter in April 2008 - and loving every minute of it. Running is the best natural anti-depressant in existence!

Why should you train me? : Trying to get back into serious running after having 2 children (Aug 06 and April 08) and need to balance level of training and the right nutrition with breast feeding my youngest. Would benefit from some advice from the experts!
    Would also love to prove that having children can make me a stronger runner by beating my 1:31PB.

Half marathon goal : Beat current PB (before pregnancies) of 1:31
  • Options

Hi,

this is a tricky one because when reading those pitches, there are moving stories of coming back from illnesses, heroic running actions and running for worthwhile causes. It's tricky for me to "compete" with this as I have fortunately not been ill, didn't complete any heroic challenges and the biggest fundraising I have done is for the Race for Life. I am just a normal runner, having started 2.5 years ago with much enthusiasm and dedication, training 5 times a week, even from time to time with a running coach. I do 5k and 10ks, best so far 22.37 for 5k and 49.36 for 10k - nothing special, just a normal runner.

Why me: I run because I love the pure action, the movement, the tranquillity, the unison between my mind and body, the freedom it gives me. I am dedicated because I simply love running, squeezing it into my busy schedule every day, going out to pursue this love by any wind and weather with joy.

Goals for 1/2 mara: I've never run one. I just want to try and run it in a good time doing what I love most, running, having fun and enjoy the day at the same time.