Options

GULP just entered my first half marathon

Comments

• Options

Mel hope the mouth heals soon and you get the Broadband sorted i think the boy would break down and cry if we lost it here it would be like losing a limb as he relies on it for his home work from 6th form not to mention the many games he plays

• Options

Evening All,

Toby - Hope your knee gets better soon - Rest seems to be the key.

FL - Seems like the race you are planning is well planned and 500 would be great achievment.

Mel - Bootcamp sounds hard.

Jess - Don't be to hard on yourself - I believe you were pretty busy doing stuff for the band just before Xmas and dark nights and mornings make it hard. 

Last run tonight before Sunday's race all easy - Spen if your around say Hello I'm number 486 aiming for around 3-45 ish but not to bothered with the time on this one.

• Options
    Ahhh AH I don't have you down for the race on Subday. I'll add you now. Good luck

GULP Running Club - Race Details

22nd Jan 2012 ___ Spen71 / Another Hill - Gloucester Marathon

29th Jan 2012 ___ B&T - Slaughterford 9

4 Feb 2012 _______FoxyLady - Grim Night Terror

12 Feb 2012 _____ FoxyLady - Bramley 10 miler

4 March 2012 _____SusieB - Bideford HM

11 March 2012 __ Toby3 / B&T - Bath Half Marathon / Claireruns - Addidas Half Marathon / JessL - Salisbury 10 miles / Sal - Trafford 10K

25 March 2012 ___ JessL - Wilmslow Half Marathon / FoxyLady - Water of Life HM

31 March 2012 __ Sal - National Lottery Olympic 5mile Run

1st April 2012 ___ FoxyLady - Reading Half Marathon

6th April 2012 ___ Maidenhead Easter 10 miler

15 April 2012 ___ Toby3 - Brighton Marathon

22 April 2012 ____ B&T - London Marathon

29th April 2012 ___ JessL / Susiebe1 - Manchester Marathon / FoxyLady - Bracknell HM

20th May 2012 ___ JessL - Great Manchester 10K Run

9th June 2012 ____ JessL - 10K Trailblazer Sherwood Forest

8th July 2012 ____ JessL - New Forest 10 Mile

16 Sept 2012 _____ Toby - Great North Run

30 Sept 2012 _____ JessL - Loch Ness Marathon

27 Oct 2012 ______ Another Hill - Snowdonia Marathon

Thanks. Hope you're all well xx
  • Options

Evening

No joy from viewing Melimage. Your bootcamp sounds great

I learnt my lesson about resting last year Toby. Fingers crossed it does the job

Fab pb Foxy - nearly there for sub25image

I like a plan too Jess...helps mood now the days are getting longer too I findimage. Have you got time for a parkrun in the next few weeks?

Good luck for Sun AHimage

6x 800m intervals last night, undulating route and pace of splits say it all 9.19, 9.20, 9.36, 9.29, 9.54, 9.48. Last 2 were tough and was v glad to finish.

Just an easy 2.5 tonight then will do parkrun Sat.

Back to using myfitnesspal to track diet and exercise as my good habits of the last 6 months have slipped a little and  have crept up to 10st 4. Think could get to 9st xx for the 1st time since my teens with a bit of care which would be good and I'm sure being lighter has helped my pace

Rightimageoff to bed

41.29/70

• Options

As it’s no running i have decided to concentrate on other things to help towards Brighton while i am laid off so have been making more of an concretive effort to lose the weight i put on over Christmas which saw me go from 11st 12lbs to 12st 8lbs i was 12st 6lbs last week just weighed and am now down to 12st 3lbs

if i can lose a couple of 2lb a week that should see me nearly half a stone lighter when i start running again it’ all got to help not having so much excess weight to carry and less pressure on the knees

i am  also making more of an effort to make shore i do the stretching exercise i was given by my sports masseur

• Options

Toby - that sounds a much more positive attitude. Well done!

Sal - great intervals! Fingers crossed the *next* viewing will be more successful, and good luck shaving those few lbs off. I am now officially the heaviest I've EVER been, which is somewhat depressing. Even I don't think I can claim its all muscle (yet!). Thought I'd been eating much more healthily since New Year as well!

AH - good luck for Sunday! I know you say you're not racing it - but have a good race anyway!image

Mel - hope your gum heals quickly, and you get all your 'stuff' sorted out (especially including your broadband!). Slow as ours is, I'd be lost without it!

Spen - good luck for you on Sunday as well!

Jess - glad you're feeling happier, and your training's going well. Thanks again for being such a great list fairyimage

FL - hope you survived your intervals!

Well I survived week 3 of my training.image After the bitter cold at the start of the weekI was back to puddles & mud today. Did 9.24M in 1:51, so average pace was 12MM Pretty slow,and I did find the last 2 and a bit miles (all steadily uphill to finish - yum!) hard. However my HR was pretty good, it was just my legs that were tired so I'm pleased with that. My shins were fine again - a combination of soft mud, and smaller stride I think. Feet up now for a little rest before I have to go & get the kids from my Mum & Dad's. I like Fridays!

Edited to add - Mel- just uploaded my run to the Fetchpoint game, and there is a really clear path where I ran and collected all the coins / moved the bugs etc. Most amusing! (and lots of points!!)

• Options

Evening all

well just back from the physio good news all round he seem to think it more muscular  than a problem with the knee and when i asked him when i could be back running he said Sunday but i think i leave until next week

He’s given me some stretching exercises to do he did prod and poke about and boy did he hit some tight spots on the cafe muscle

So not as bad as i thought

• Options
    That's really good news Toby. It was when I was injured last year that I lost weight as found it a good time to concentrate on what I was eating.
    Sounds like a good run B&T, you've earned a glass of wine tonight
  • Options

Hi all

AH,good luck on Sunday.Say hello to Quedgeley/Hardwicke for meimage.i have a busy day tomorrow(were going to Swindon to do some jobs for my sis)so dont think I'll get on here tomorrow.

toby,great news,really pleased to hear thatimagesunday seems a bit soon so wise to keep resting/stretching

B+T,sounds like a nice run,puddles and mud,lovelyimageand we tell our children off for jumping in puddles and getting muddyimage

SS,your intervals are really good.10stone 7lbs is my target weight,just over half a stone to loseimage

Jess,thats quite a list of races.i'm glad you're doing the Manchester plan,like the wording they use '13 miles but dont kill yourself' and '6 miles with a few surges'image

i have new shoesimageTried on the Mizuno Wave Inspire 8 and the Mizuno Wave Elixir 6 this morning and got the Elixirs.My LGs never caused me a problem and Elixirs nearest in terms of cushioning/support.Had my long run today(as busy Sat/Sun)so got home and went out and ran 10 miles in themimageReally lovely shoes.These are much lighter(I think theymake me run lighter on my feet),feel a lot more stable on the ground(LGs slippery)and I found that they seem to make me land on the ground with my mid-sole rather than my heels.if you look them up I've got the ones with the bright pink soleimage

have good evening/weekend all

• Options

Susie - just looked up your new shoes - that's pink!!!!! I know where's there some mud if you want to tone them down a little image Glad they feel so good, and good run today¬

Toby - hooray - good news!

Sal - thank you - I agree! Cheers image

• Options

Very exciting morning here image

Pb at parkrun for me 31.02!! And eldest just finished 10th in the schools cross country league race beating her arch rival and gaining a certificate as well. So proudimage

Parkrun was v muddy and Garmin played up so ran as best I could and just tried to stay with or even overtake people I knew were about my pace. Feel I can improve more, especially on the bloomin hills!

Shoes sound a great success Susie which is always a relief

Jess - please can you remove the Olympic run from the list please. I was stressing so much about the logistics of getting there especial as it's the 1st day of our holiday in the lakes. So offered it to someone from running group this morning and she's thrilled to be going. Part of me feels sad as I know it will be an amazing experience but sometimes the thought of the hassle takes away from that

44.59/70

• Options

Hi All.

Sal - Good day for you and your eldest - Many congrats well deserved.  On a muddy surface as well.  Shame about the Olympic run.

Toby - Good news.

Susiebe - I will say hello.

Feeling very calm about tomorrow - I've carbo loaded today and yesterday, no injuries and feeling pretty good about my fitness, the slight negative thougt that I'm feeling is that Xmas got in the way when my mileage should of peaked - but to late  now, this is the reason that I'm not going to race for a time but I will still be putting in plenty of effort. 

Take care all I will report back tomorrow night, will hopefully see you there Spen and if you would like a few miles together that will be cool.

• Options
    Good Luck AH!

Intervals were tougher than last week, guess it's the impact of all the proper training, rejoicing at the thought of next week being a light week (only 4 runs and 24 miles).
    However still pretty much doing what I should be and keeping up the gym and x-t. Parkrun this morning was also muddy SS, but not a PB for me, will not see another unless it freezes again or dries out a lot.
    Also realised it's only two weeks until the insane Grim Night run, what on earth possessed us to enter that.

Toby- thinking positive about the weight is a good alternative while you are off running. I can't emphasise what a difference it can make to running times, I'm 20lbs lighter than last April, and while I ran a lot last year I did not really "train" per se ie do speedwork/ intervals etc, just got quicker through the weight loss. Now I'm concentrating on keeping it off and following a training plan....

I ordered some new running kit today- needed to replace the bits destroyed at Hellrunner so risked the Sweatshop sale and some very small items so fingers crossed I am now a New Balance XS as I have a pair of longs and capris on their way and a new half zip long sleeve- black and pink!
    I can always return them. I was also looking for some short shorts but strangely enough the only sizes left in the sale were 16s, wonder why that is?!

Hope you got the shoes Susiebe!
    Mel: hope tooth and Broadband come to rights.
    B&T- you're a week ahead of me, I finish week 2 with a steady 8 miler, and should finish January well over the first 100 miles for the year.
  • Options

AH & Spen - thinking of you this morning! Looks like a beautiful day to race - sunny but not too warm. Hope it goes well, and maybe you'll get to meet up?

Sal BRILLIANT PB!!!imagehave lots of imageimageimageimageimagefrom me! And some for your eldest as well imageimageimageimageimage Shame about the Olympic run, but good of you to offer it to someone else. Often making the decision is the hardest part of these things.

FL - fingers crossed the new running stuff fits well! 20lbs is a lot to lose - well done, and no wonder you're getting speedier!

Trying to think about my schedule for next week. Obviously race next Sunday (a week today - eek!)  messes up the week, as I don't want to be doing a "40 min Hilly Run" just before the race (there will be quite enough hills, thank you very much!) Also have an appointment at the show shop for 10am on Moday, so can't work out if I should do a short run on Monday morning before hand, or wait and run afterwards (hopefully in noooo shoooes!) Decisions, decisions!

• Options

Afternoon all

although i have a charity place book for the Great North run i thought i enter the ballot any way and then if i got a place i could defer it till next year that was until i got to the payment page they want £48 to enter it

Great North Run or not there no way i am paying £48 to enter a half marathon so this year will defiantly be a one off

I have been doing the stretching exercises all week and will venture out tomorrow for a 5 mile run

B&T good luck with the race i normally try to sick to my training plan in the week leading up To Bath but just bring them all forward a day so I’ve got the 3 runs done by Wednesday giving me the rest of the week to rest i take it your using the race on Sunday as your LSR for the week

Foxy Lady 20lbs i have to say is an impressive amount to lose well done to you my biggest problem is i have no will power when it comes to food i just love it which is a kind of a draw back when your trying to lose weight

A/N hope the Gloucester marathon went ok

Slowsal well done on the PB and a great big well done to your daughter you must be very proud of her shame about the Olympic run but if you were stressing about it then odds are you wouldn’t have enjoyed it  and at least your place went to make someone else’s day

• Options

Toby - that makes sense. Don't want to 'lose' a week of good training for a race that isn't my 'target' race. I'm thinking of going out for around 6 miles tomorrow after shoe shop tomorrow. Then maybe 4 on Tuesday, 4 on Thursday, rest Friday & Saturday ready for race on Sunday. My schedule has my LSR this week of 1hr 45 mins -  I think it will take me at least that amount of time to get round the course on Sunday, so I reckon that counts!

• Options

B&T

I have a few races on the way to my target race and am just trying to marry up the nearest suitable run from the training plan and juggle the rest around it. lLus see the races as "amusement" along the way rather than possible PBs. I am doing a HM the week before the one I am training for but it's off road and has stiles and theoretically not a PB course (although is RP's PB) so will pace myself carefully and then only do a couple of easy ones thereafter. it's hard to strike a balance.

This morning's "long" (only 8m) run was tough and not to the planned pace, but it's too early to kill myself and I can see why the plan has an easier week although the intervals will be a killer and I've just had to map a suitable length distance as will be about 7m which means lots of wriggling round the local town for streetlights and relative flat.

Toby; the weightloss wasn't too hard. You have to work out your motivation for it. I woke up the day before my birthday at the end of last April, didn't like the numbers (I gained whilst training RP for VLM cos the LSRs made me hoover food up). I found a free online/ phone app called MYfitnesspal and everything clicked, and I was on a weight loss competetive thread here as well which helped, Think I was the most successful and eventually had to leave as I was done...

I did change my running whilst I did it- no mega long runs (nothing more than 8-10), no "serious" training but lots of regular exercise, added in the x-t to take in some upper body work and it all clicked.

Results were good which fuelled the motivation, clothes were literally discarded as they got too big to resist temptation, and new ones bought. Having got to the point where I don't look at anything above a size 8 now is very motivating to stay there.  I've blipped up and down by about 3lbs since then but whenever it does go back, I do something about it pronto and I'm now just trying to lose a few more as a speed trick! Plus tone and build more muscle. I am a bit of an emotional eater- aren't we all- so just have to get the emotions/ obsession in the right place. And be honest. And count the cals if I eat cake!

Hope that helps. and good luck with the run- 5m might be too far for a comeback, may be 3 at first?

Lovely day for racing apart from a tad blowy out there. We've had nerf gun wars this afternoon, my tactic was to pocket all the bullets but my aim wasn't bad and I think I may have missed my calling......too late now.

• Options
    HI everyone

Hope you're well

Hope AH and Spen had a good race today. Can't wait to hear all about it. Hope they're both rested up now with a cup of tea and a packet of jaffa cakes image

B&T - oohhh you're up next. Sounds like your training is going great image

Sal - yeah definitely try to make a parkrun soon. Feel I'm still a little too slow but I think a few more weeks and I'll be a bit more confident about it. Brilliant times from you though, and your eldest image

Toby - so glad you're knee injury isn't as bad as you suspected. Fingers crossed after a week's rest you'll be back to normal. Hope it's all going OK. I know what you mean about the weight loss. I managed to gain half a stone over Christmas and I just can't shift it (well I've not tried hard enough to be honest), so starting tomorrow ... I'm knuckling down. As you say, if I can lose at least 1lb a week, then I'll be a stone lighter by the marathon. You've given me focus to crack on with it. Thanks

Susie - hope you're well and the training is going well.

I was supposed to do a 10 mile run today but I went over to Morecambe with some friends over the weekend. I tried to do my 4 mile run yesterday .... but it was so hilly it almost killed me, so I only managed 2 miles. I'm hoping 2 miles of hills will compensate for not doing the 4 miles. Gutted I missed the 10 miles today but by the time I'd dropped everyone home, came home, took the dogs for a walk, came back, cleaned, put washing on, tidied, it was too late (and I was knackered). Had a lovely weekend though by the sea, and on the way home we stopped off at Carnforth Train Station where they filmed 'Brief Encounter' so were chatting to the staff there about when they filmed, what Celia and Trevor were like, etc. Was lovely.

Going to try and not stress about it and just pick up from week 3 tomorrow (and be more conscious of what I'm eating).

Here's the list of races (Sal - I've taken your Olympic one off - that's sad. )

29th Jan 2012 ___ B&T - Slaughterford 9

4 Feb 2012 _______FoxyLady - Grim Night Terror

12 Feb 2012 _____ FoxyLady - Bramley 10 miler

4 March 2012 _____SusieB - Bideford HM

11 March 2012 __ Toby3 / B&T - Bath Half Marathon / Claireruns - Addidas Half Marathon / JessL - Salisbury 10 miles / Sal - Trafford 10K

25 March 2012 ___ JessL - Wilmslow Half Marathon / FoxyLady - Water of Life HM

1st April 2012 ___ FoxyLady - Reading Half Marathon

6th April 2012 ___ Maidenhead Easter 10 miler

15 April 2012 ___ Toby3 - Brighton Marathon

22 April 2012 ____ B&T - London Marathon

29th April 2012 ___ JessL / Susiebe1 - Manchester Marathon / FoxyLady - Bracknell HM

20th May 2012 ___ JessL - Great Manchester 10K Run

9th June 2012 ____ JessL - 10K Trailblazer Sherwood Forest

8th July 2012 ____ JessL - New Forest 10 Mile

16 Sept 2012 _____ Toby - Great North Run

30 Sept 2012 _____ JessL - Loch Ness Marathon

27 Oct 2012 ______ Another Hill - Snowdonia Marathon

Thanks. Hope you're all well xx
  • Options
    Bugger - I forgot to say hi to Foxy (great running from you as usual. Hope you're well)

and Mel - hope you're good too

and JuliaT / Claireruns / everyone else xxxx
  • Options

Good evening all,

Sorry but haven't read back been a long day and getting tired.

Race - Didn't meet up with Spenimage, do know how he got on though but will leave that to him.  I had a race plan today which was not to run the race balls out but run it with some effort.  So I decided on HR the plan was to average around 147 BPM for the 20 miles then just do my best in the last 6 miles.  This was a bit hard to work  out , because the course was a bit undualitingimage.  So first 20 miles average HR 147 and pace average worked out to be 8:12 which I didn't know about.  Last 6 miles picked up the HR and pace averaged 8:06 Garmin time 1:36 ** official time 1:37** no chip timing and it took a minute to cross the line.  So a nice pb today and negative splints even though I didn't race itimage.  Last half mile I picked a girl up who was on her knees grabbed her hand and pulled her to the finish,  encouraging her to carry on,  let her go by herself when the finish line was in sight.  So a good person as well.

Course very nice but 3 laps not sure about - you do know what is coming though. the ultra runners had to do 4 laps.  Had a gel plan today and took 4 at 5,10,15 & 20 miles I really dislike them and feltimage. Took some isotonic drink on as well. 

Suzie the course for the marathon is about 3-4 miles around Quedgeley & Hardwicke, then you cross over the canal by the PIlot Inn and do 3 laps. in the countryside

• Options

Evening

I hadn't realised you'd lost so much weight Foxy - well doneimageSure your New Balance stuff will be fine - mine is small and I'm a 10/12.

£48image That's ridiculous

Missed my long run today too Jess. Mr SS had to go and get some plants this morning then we went out with friends this afternoon and then Mr SS ran after dinner (his turn). Felt it was to late to go at 830 cos I want to watch Birdsong

Well done AHimage You're a gent

• Options

Indeed. well done AH!

And thanks for the optimism re the kit SS, want to get it NOW NOW NOW!

• Options

My first HM is booked for May. I went a bit off the beaten track on my long run tonight, and went further than planned – 9 miles in fact. I was aiming for 7.5 miles, but when I realised I'd gone out too far I decided to run all the way back if it felt right. I'll need to be gentle with myself over the next week or two, and not up it anymore until Feb I think.

However, that all meant I smashed a record for distance today. That 13 miles is definitely in sight. Considering I only ever extend my range at a jogging pace, I was also happy to notice that I got round with an 11 minute/mile pace. Now I'm wondering how far I can drop that for May... I want to slowly up my long run to about 3 or 4 hours by then.

• Options

Hi Mathematic - sounds like you're doing fab! May is loads of time as well. Lots of help,support & advice on this thread if you need it! Which HM are you running?

AH - so it was windy, undulating, gels made you feel image, you weren't racing and you stopped to pick ssomeone up near the finish line. AND you got a PB. I don't know what to say, but huge well done, lots of imageimageimageimageimageimageimage (or are you too serious a runner now for them??!)  and good on you for stopping. Now then - can I book you for 22nd April to wait 1/2  a mile from the VLM finish line to pick me up???

Jess - sounds like a good weekend image

FL - has the postman been yet??And yes, I think you're right - just juggle the runs around as best I can. Although having said that, have messed this morning's up already!

Morning! to  everyone elseimage

So much for plan of 6 miles after Shoe shop. Wanted to run beforehand, so shot off for a speedy 3 miles. My schedule does not have '3M speedy' on for this week, so will have to pretend it counts as a "40 mins Farlek" instead. Speedy indeed though - 3.02 in 29:16! Had nothing to do with the fact I could see lots of cars & people gathering at the local game keeper's cottage, and didn't really want to end up running through the middle of a shoot (again!)

Shoe shopping went well - well, good result anyway. I survived the dreaded treadmill - didn't fall off and she didn't have to hold onto my arm this time. However, apparently I have a 'very odd' running style - my left leg is fine but my right leg wobbles about all over the place, and I almost place directly it in front of my left foot as I run. Fortunately she's a very nice lady and we had a good laugh about it. The first pair she put me in were great - so I'm now the proud owner of a shiny white pair of Saucony Progrid Omni 10 image

Have 60 mins on schedule tomorrow, so guess I shouldn't wear them for that, so maybe Thursday's 40 mins  is the run for them. Happy Days!

• Options
    Well done Mathematic - that's great

Whoo hoo B&T for your new shows, and what a great time to run - well done!

Think i'm going to tweak the schedule I'm on at the moment. I think I'm going to try and put aim for a pace whilst doing my training runs, as I have a tendancy to dawdle and not push myself. I think I need a structure that tells me the distance and pace I should be aiming for (or HR) so that I'm always pushing myself. I can get a bit lazy sometimes and do the distance and not push myself as much as I need to.

Hope you're all well and having a great Monday. Just a quick 40 minute jog today. I need to put some posters up around Manchester for the album launch for the band I help manage, so I'm going to combine the two - run around the city centre with a load of posters and put them up as I'm running around. I'm a glorified paperboy today! image

J xxxx

ps. I forgot to mention that whilst away at the weekend, there was an indoor swimming pool at the caravan park we stayed at. After swimming a good few laps, I sat in the jacuzzi for a bit of a rest. A load of people then piled in and it got a bit crowded, so I thought I'd get out. In a rush, I manage to trip and fall on to my hands and knees, then with it being slippy I slipped out flat, and then slide right across the floor right near to the pool. Needless to say, the whole swimming pool went silent, and then a few 'ohhhhhs' and I finally skidded along the floor until I stopped. I could have been on Dancing On Ice with the moves I made during that fall. I'm black and blue today though ...... and slightly embarrassed by not only falling, but doing it in my swimming costume with all parts of my body flying around! x
  • Options

Hi everyone.

Ive been running for about 15 years now, and my PB for a Half is 2:00:02.

Im doing Wokingham next month, and my training in Autumn was leading me to believe I could get sub 2:05 quite easily. I had a virus from Nov til about start of Jan, so have only managed the past 3 weeks for "qualtiy" running, and just want to do well for Wokingham. Even without the pressure of a Time, I just feel like Im playing catch-up all the time. My LSR have gone from 8 miles wheeze-ish to 12.50 miles OK since the turn of the year.

Yesterday I did 12.50 miles in 2.16, HR was 70-73% WHR. Im also going to whisper quietly the following: "I did a Parkrun the day before too, eyeballs out, in 28.30".

Ive got my Half in 4 weeks time.... what should I be concentrating on for the next 2 Sundays, the days of the LSR?? what should I aim for, LSR wise, the weekend before the Half?

I am generally a runner who likes certainty, rather than seta of the pants stuff, and like to prepare well for my races, despite my average times. Any advice welcomed.

• Options

Afternoon all

well run went ok there were a couple of twinges but nothing to bad i spent 30 minutes going though some stretching and strengthening   exercises before i went out and took it what i thought was it nice and easy and slow but when i down loaded the run from the Garmin to the training session it turn out to be a lot quicker than i was aiming for at just under 10m/m pace

i did stop at the turn around point and stretch and there was a loo break on the way back so at least the run was broken up

water vole as you already done 12.5 miles then you need to cut down on the mileage leading up to the race i would be doing a 10 mile and a 6 mile the week before

Jess sorry you hurt yourself sound really painfully

• Options
    Hi Toby, is that for the final LSR? Or starting next Sunday, which would be 3 weeks prior to the Big Day?
  • Options
    Hi everyone

Nice to meet you Water Vole - great running and good luck in your race. If you let me know the date I'll add you to our list

Thanks Toby. My pride was most hurt I think. Great news on your run - so pleased for you.

Had my little run around Manchester today and made a conscious effort in widening my stride and knocked nearly 1.5 minutes per mile off my usual pace. Normally I'm around 11.30 mins, but averaged around 10 mins today just by adjusting my stride and it didn't feel any harder - so made up with that. 2.94 miles in 29 mins 36 so very happy.

Fingers crossed it will continue

Hope you're all well xxx
  • Options

Thanks, guys image

Black and Tabby > Sheffield. A few hills but not too bad considering image