Options

Lucozade Sport Super Six: Right Said Aouita (3:45)

Comments

• Options
    Just put my entry in for Super six.....I reckon it's bound to be me this year.
  • Options

Now, what am I supposed to do if you both get shortlisted?  image

• Options

Buy a blackberry and post twice as much as now.

• Options
    But obviously, mostly on my thread as I'll be super-competetive about how long (oooh missus) my thread is compared to everyone else.image
  • Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Don't worry too much, Wotsit. I'd vote for Lake anyway!image

Ah, there you are, Lake - glad to hear you had a great time in Madeira. But, really, what idiot goes for a run and does a 1500' descent , on holiday.... unless there's a lift back up, eh? No wonder you've got a bad knee image!

I'm still virtually off games with my double-'flu jab-induced mega-cold (medical term) - cycling to work yesterday was a mistake, and swimming lesson today had me mostly grabbing at the side of the pool, gasping.

Still, I am feeling tons better and desperate to run - will try to squeeze one in during the working day tomorrow, though it will be a challenge image.

VLM schedule (3:25 modification of the 3:30 schedule) is already downloaded and ready to go on Jan 4th...image

• Options

Mega-cold...I like that.  It's a nice alteration to the old chestnut 'man-flu'.

Anyway, I got in some rather enjoyable (sort of) intervals last night.  4x 1m, all about 7.30m/m, and though the last one was really hard, I felt alright after 5 mins.  Nice to get back into a bit of routine anyway.

Tempo tomorrow!

If your VLM schedule starts on Jan 4th, the my Paris schedule (which is two weeks earlier) should start.....too soon.  Noooooooooooo.

• Options
    P.S.  No phone call from the Super Six people.  I pick my phone up every 30 seconds just in case they are trying to call.
  • Options
    Me too. Having lurked mostly on this thread for 12 months, this is my target time for a RW place this year. I would love to do it but 3rd rejection in the ballot and refuse to go golden bond as they are too greedy IMHO.
  • Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Lake - you're running really well again now - I'm envious, having failed to get out again today. If I get out tomorrow, though I'll do a tempo run and we can have a race.

PSC - so you've been lurking here, have you? I've really enjoyed your iron man bloggage, but what I really want to know is - how's the diet?!

• Options

Hi PSC....we don't get many strangers round these parts.
    Agree with you about the golden bond places - in 2008 mine cost #1500 (which actually wasn't too tough to raise as I had a good cause etc) but this year they're asking for #2500 - too much in these credit crunch times for me.

Just back from my tempo...7.6m at 8.07m/m.  However the first 4m were too quick (as always) and the last three were painfully slooooow.  Running in the darkreally is an aquired taste, and while I don't mind it, I can't help thinking I'm just asking for a sprained ankle running across a 'field' where the only way to  see the path (by headtorch) is that the grass is oh-so-slightly darker than the rest.  However that's only for about a mile, the rest is on pavements/roads that sneakily hide potholes in shadows instead.

Too much complaining I think!  Just get on with it!

Spag bol calls......

• Options

P.s.   Stiiiill no call from Super six people....I can only think they may be leaving me until the end as I'm a dead cert.

P.P.S  Will it  confuse people if this thread is still going when the super six starts again?  Will we need to move to the new thread?

• Options
    TOTP again - I'm on a roll.image
  • Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Seems you're having fun today, Lake!

Still haven't managed a run. I cycled to work with running kit, but by 6.30 it was so dark and rainy I couldn't face a run and cycled home! Tomorrow's the day - and my cold will have properly shifted by then. I'm often depressingly slow after a lay-off, so may I have some jollying along tomorrow night, if that's OK?

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Ooh - we're a Hot Thread tonight.

Anyone who doesn't remember Dan's nickname from last year might think this is a thread for the new group - could be some sport there!!image

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Well - I finally ran, after 12 days.... and it wasn't too bad after all image.

I spent a while mulling over which of the speed sessions I've missed to do when, amazingly, common sense stepped in and I realised it would be a good idea to ease myself back with a gentle 4M trot. Once out of the door I also realised it was probably the only dry spell for a while, so thought I'd go a bit further. And as my legs are fairly fresh, I managed a fair pace. 5.7M at ave 8mm - pleased!

Unfortunately, I haven't done the hoovering, cleaning, ironing etc that I planned for today so no brownie points for me. I'll just make a cup of tea and go and turn the iron on....

• Options

Hi Everyone

Got my FLM (Sorry VLM) place officially on Friday. I am working on a new project for CLIC Sargent (This years VLM Charity) in London,putting two and two together they thought we would be a good bet for this years race. Even so the 3 of us running will have to raise a total of £7,000. Apparently they were only taking applicants for Bond places who could pledge close to £3k. Surely there has to be a ceiling to this!

Anyway Luton is now just 4 long runs away, and I have not gone beyond 15 miles since April!!!! tomorrow is a long slow 15 building upto to 17 then two 20's  to finish, not ideal prep. but I'm just going to try and enjoy the race, with no real target in mind.

Once Luton is out of the way I'm going to  have a couple of weeks rest, and then build upto a 3:45 at London ( This time )

You guys have really moved on in terms of your training Joddly runnning 8m/m after 12 day off, and Lake running 7:30 tempos blimey. I'm not sure I'm going to be catching you guys up anytime soon. So you'll either be on the quicker threads this year or have your own (Good luck to you both by the way).

Anyway going to tape up my blisters ready for the morning 

Hess

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Congratulations on your VLM place, Hess. Sounds like the training will be a doddle compared to the fundraising, though image.

I don't envy you trying to get your last long runs in at this time of year - it's hard enough when the weather's improving. Fingers crossed you'll be able to get them all in. Today's weather was lovely where we were, so I hope the 15 went well.

Not sure what happened after last Friday's run, but I've been very surprised to have a hefty dose of DOMS! It's never happened after a shortish layoff before, and I didn't run that hard. Wondering if it has to do with 'flu or the 'flu jabs. Anyhow, I'm backing off again for a couple of days, so you may be catching up sooner than you think!

• Options

Evening all

Good to hear from you again Hess...sounds like you've got a good plan.  2 15's and 2 20's will set you up well.  #7k sound like a heck of a lot of money to me!

Bad luck Joddly...there's alot of s&d going around where I work.  I think we need a couple of good frosts to kill it all off.  (Actually I'm not sure DOMS means s&d - obviously a medical term? -  but it sounds good)

I had a nice 12m this morning.  The weather was beautiful (as you said Joddly) but I got out of bed imagining it was like yesterday so I was really not looking forward to it.  Turned out alright though.  I spent the afternoon watching High Street Musical 3 with the kids...lazy but rather enjoyable.

p.s. still no phone call from Super Sixers - it's just dawning on me that they may not be calling.

• Options

DOMS = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness aka achy breaky leggies.

Dammit.  No-one from my thread has had the call either.  Gutting.

Small people in my house have had maybe/maybe not swine flu this week.  Its been a chaotic time.  Mind, Joddly sounds as though she's been as poorly post-vaccine!  Glad to hear you're back to full strength, despite the DOMS.

Hess - happy fundraising.  I've raised about £3k over the last 2 FLMs and its as hard as the training.  Rewarding though.  Start early.  Get work people involved as much as possible - and the press too, if you can.

I've now hit a full 3 weeks since I last ran.  Its not fun now.  I'm a bit bored.

• Options

15 ended up being 13.5 as I now have a cold, and the draw of a warm house and cup of coffee was too tempting at the end of my run (I have a little mile and a half loop I use at the end of a long run). Considering I wasn't feeling so great was quite pleaed with that. Weather was OK, and at times very nice, at least it was warm enough to get back into shorts, although don't suppose this will help in killing off all the nasty bugs everyone seems to have.

How do I vote for you guys for the super six?, and what happens if you both win. I will be torn between threads!

Thanks for the Fundraising tips Wotsit I think the guys here raised about £2k when they ran the Rome Marathon a couple of years ago so only another £5k to findimage . 3 weeks since your last run Arghh!

Cycling on the Turbo tonight. Boring!! back out running tomorrow

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Hi all - you may now know why I went quiet for a bit!

There's been some fairly major editorial adjustment of my profile, though - didn't recognise myself at first!!

Anyway, cycled in to work today and will run later, sadly not in the warm sunshine we seem to have at the moment. I'm still uncertain as to the cause of last week's muscle soreness, so will go easy to start with. I'm feeling envious of your 12 and 13-milers, Lake and Hess, and sypathetic to you Wotsit !

Clinic now.......

• Options

Aaaaaaaaaaargh....

<runs in shrieking excitedly>

Well done Joddly image  You get my vote!

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Aw, thanks Wotsit...

Can't really get my head round it all at the moment - the "official" thread is almost too scary to look at!

I think I'll just hang around chatting to you folks until I calm down a bit image image.

• Options

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Bl**dy h*ll!!!!!

Congrats!!!

And most importantly....finally a good reason to move to another thread!

That's two votes you've got now.

• Options

I see now they didn't have a 3.45 category...that's obviously why they didn't phone me.  It's all clear now.

Joddly - what do we need to do to get people voting for you?  Is this fixable (like the X-factor, if you're Simon Cowell).

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Thanks for the enthusiasm, Lake! I'm not great at blowing my own trumpet, and don't know if I can do that. I think most people will vote by instinct, and have probably already done so.

I'm a bit shellshocked, to be honest. Perhaps I'll have a beer or two and leap out onto the "official" thread and wow them all............image!

Anyway, cycled to work today, and tried another test run of 4 miles tonight. Was aiming to take it easy, but it worked out just under 8min/miles - will just have to wait and see how the muscles feel tomorrow. Hoping for the best, as I feel very much inclined to begin marathon training again image!

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

No inappropriate muscle soreness today image. I'm really enjoying running now, and going OK, so should get a decent session in tomorrow. There may even still be time to get a 10k PB on 13th Dec - tough, though.

This shortlisting business is extremely stressful - hadn't really thought this bit through. I'll just be glad when it's over, and will be posting on this and the new 3:30 thread, whatever the outcome. I'm happy and excited about rising to the challenge, but I've really enjoyed this thread when there's been just a few of us.

Happy running, all!

• Options

Not good at blowing your own trumpet eh?

Right oh....

• Options

Don't forget Joddly...everyone else on the shortlist will be feeling the same.....you've just got to outlast them.

Good to hear the running is going well (perhaps it's a good omen).

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Oh dear, Wotsit - I have been trying to get into a blowing-own-trumpet sort of mindset, and found it's a lot easier after a couple of beers image.

Fighting talk, Lake - I'll be hanging on in there!