Options

Lucozade Sport Super Six: Right Said Aouita (3:45)

Comments

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Ooops - didn't really want a TOTP on that one image

• Options

Tis lucky I did actually take trumpet lessons at school.

<giggles>

<waits for penny to drop>

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭
    Seems I'm being a bit slow this morning - that wasn't smut was it? image image
  • Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭
    OMG - spotted it now! You are lovely !!! Thanks a millionimage.
  • Options

Wotsit - you are clever. (and slightly shameless) But I'm glad you're on our team.

GO JODDLY!

• Options

Sorry to break this thread up with running talk, but I've just had an absolutely rubbish tempo, and I need some commiserations.

Was supposed to be 7m, reduced to 6m at the start, stopped tempo'ing at 2m and struggled home after 4.5m.  

Just not my day - and I'm getting really annoyed with running in the dark.  Head torch or not, I think I will start running early early morning, just to see some daylight for a while.

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Lake - sorry I missed your post yesterday and failed to commiserate! This SuperSix stuff has obviously gone to my head.

I think it's really hard to run in the dark. Even with a headtorch, your brain makes your legs hold back, so it's almost impossible to maintain the sort of pace you can in daylight.  I hate to say it, though - there's not much daylight in the mornings before about 7.30. Have you any opportunity to train from work? I started off feeling hugely guilty if I went out during the day, but gradually found the world didn't fall apart while I was away, and feel much happier about it now. 

And thanks again for all your support. I'm well out of my comfort zone with this week long hustings, and it's great to come home to this thread for a bit of refugeimage.

• Options

Lake - you wouldn't want to cross me. <does flying Ninja chop> image

I find my stride length reduces in the dark which makes me run really slowly.  I'm such a wuss!

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Evening all.

Rest day for me today, after a rather wild 14 miler yesterday. It was, though, yet another course PB, which makes 3 of last week's runs my fastest ever! (including the half mile intervals). The Super Six vibe must be giving me a boost, so I'll try to get in tomorrow's intervals in before it all comes crashing down image.

Lake - have you been back out since last Thursday when we weren't there for you.... image? How about 10 x 400m tomorrow morning?

Wotsit, I have started gently with the sit-ups, and notice that be bar has already been raised by Abs with triceps thingies! Where will it end?image

• Options

Hi all

Got out for a reasonably gentle 10m this morning.  I deliberately waited until I could got in daylight, and didn't go on Sunday (wooow!).  Felt a bit better about it all, I think i was just pushing a bit too hard.

Had a nice day today (after the run) xmas shopping - definately getting in the mood now.

I was thinking while I was out that I assume whoever gets the Super six place will be silenced until it is all announced.  The only way I can see round this, is some sort of code that no-one else will know, only the three of us (and obviously anyone else reading what I'm typing, which is a slight drawback).   So Joddly, if you were to (for example) post on here three times on Thursday, we could very quietly go 'Hurray',image but if you only posted once, we'd all go 'Shaaaame'image.  Obviously if you did neither of these things, your integrity would be intact, and we'd have to wait like the rest of the plebs.image

I suspect I'm a bad influence, and very poor at keeping secrets.

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Hi Lake - it's good to hear you've got going again. I was worried for a bit back there. I have just noted that your pic has turned through 90degrees on Fetch - or have you just become v laid back?!

I did my 10x400 intervals this morning, and they went OK though not quite the fliers that went on last week. Ave 1.43-4.

I understand the results are out tomorrow, but we are sworn to secrecy!

• Options

Secrecy.....pah!  There's only you & me here anyway.

P.s.  Yes, indeed my photo has gone all lopsided.  I tried to change it and then when it went wrong I couldn't be bothered to change it back.  I've just beenn on Fetch as well and I think I may start a trend in sideways pictures.

Take care.

• Options

Just read back over the shortlist thread....it all got a bit hairy there for a while last night!

I've got another 10m tomorrow morning (in daylight again) and have been going through the various shopping sites looking for new running gear for xmas ...exciting!

• Options

Joddly - what a bummer image 

Can't imagine for a second that it means you either won't be posting on here about your exploits in marathon training or that you won't make sub 3:30 though.

£20 a week for pro marathon coaching, you know.  Not actually that much money.  If you were considering whether a smidge of professional help might benefit you?  I know someone on the inside, you see <taps nose>

• Options

Mmmmmm.

Just got back from a pleasing 10m tempo, which has given me a litle confidence for next weekends race.

I'm now sitting with a big mug of tea, bacon sandwich, and a lap full of warm dog.

Nice!

<sits back and enjoys life>

• Options
    P.s.  My marathon running advice is also available, on a 'no-run, no-fee' basis, for only #2.50 per session.   And worth every penny I reckon.
  • Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Hi all. Thanks for the kind words - it makes all the difference.

I'm not feeling too upset at all now. The hustings thing was horrible, especially not really knowing how they were going to make their decision, but it did get me out and about on the forums.

I'm just glad it's over. There would have been a lot of pressure not to back off training, to keep posting every day, and generally building to a dread of not hitting 3.30 on the day, I suspect! I'll now be able to count bike rides as recovery runs and generally tweak the schedule, though I'll still be sticking to the basic 3.30 RW schedule, I think.

Lake, your run today sounds just the business. Perhaps unsurprisingly I've gone off the boil slightly, but I think it'll only last a couple of days and I should be back in the swing of things at the weeknd. £2.50, you say.........what's scheduled for tomorrow?

Wotsit - thank you so much for your trumpet-blowing and general enthusiasm, which really cheered me during a tricky time! I'm now sorry I didn't deliver the goods image.

More later!

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Back in the swing of things, as promised. 5 miles yesterday after nearly 50 miles of biking (with a gap, though), and 14 today, pushing the pace a bit to get under 2 hours for the first time on that route. So, pleased again! image

Wotsit - hope those abs are coming along nicely now. I'm afraid I seem to have wimped out of the sit-ups etc. Any more clues about your coaching contact?

Speaking of which, Lake, could you just expand a bit on your coaching credentials?image Last we heard of you, you were indulging in bacon butties and dog cuddling.....

• Options

Not so much dog-cuddling (I'm far to manly for that).....more 'dog-supporting' really.

• Options

Joddly - well, I did meet a few at the start of the year.... Wickett will be working with one of them ahead of IM Germany.  Married to a female GB marathon runner...

Isn't it lovely and frosty?

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Aha! Will that be in the public domain (a la Super 6)? If so, I shall track him carefully (what's the date of IMDE?).

Agree re frost, though it was a bit chilly cycling to work this morning, and when I stopped off for a short intervals session I nearly fell flat on my face when I didn't see an icy patch! Beautiful when the sun came up for the last couple of reps............image

• Options

Not a chance!  He's keeping it quiet really.  It was my birthday present to him this year.  Suspect its not something I could have just bought, if I'd never met the man in question previously, but the LSS had additional benefits image

IMDE is 4th July. 

Watch out on that ice!

• Options

Hello Joddly. Sorry that you didn't get to do the SuperSix comp and I sincerely hope that you get to smash your 3.30 anywayimage

Wotsit/Joddly - I suspect the coaching is something that you can 'buy' as it were. The new website is Active Futures and both Liz and Martin's coaching services are offered on this site. Both Meg and I have stuck with Liz following her return after having Ruby - it works well, plus I have someone to blame if it all goes wrong next year!!

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Hi Sue - and thanks - I am still set on sub-3.30, so watch this space!

I'll take a look at Active Futures - sounds interesting.

• Options

Hi Joddly - sorry you didn't get the SuperSix - you'd have been brilliant.  You've inspired me.  

I ran Florence last weekend.  3 hours and 50 mins.  I was thrilled - half an hour faster than London but even better it just felt great.  I ran the whole thing with a smile on my face and I've really got the confidence that I can improve further on the time.  I didn't train as hard as I did for London and I managed to not let the training totally take over my life.  I was aiming for 3.52 and was controlled all the way round. 

If you are even looking for a great marathon to run I would really recommend Florence - its a fast course (starts off down hill!) with an amazing atmosphere.  About 10,000 runners so you feel you are part of something special but its not overwhelming.  Good for spectators too as the course winds around Florence so its very easy for them to pick several points to watch at.  Italians are very good at spectating - lots of cheers and whoops.

Am thinking about Edinburgh now at the end of May. 

Happy training everyone!

Anna

• Options

Well done Anna...that sounds like a greeat run.

I'm currently sitting zen-like on a bed of pasta, mentally preparing myself for a 10m race tomorrow, and telling myself I havn't really got a sore-throat.

• Options
    You don't have a sore throat lake.  Just a pre-race ritual.  Good luck!  I'm doing the Helly Hansen Adventure Challenge tomorrow - 10K run and 25k on a mountain bike plus an assult course.   Not been on a bike for about 20 years...its going to be fun.
  • Options

Morning all

Slightly strange run for me on Sunday morning...first 5m were great, really consistent, averaging within 2 secs of 7.30m/m all the way, feeling lovely.

Then turned round for the return 5m, into a bit of a headwind, and I just ran out of puff.  Dropped to 8m/m and couldn't really get back to my old pace.

Still, finished in 1.20, so nothing too bad.  I'm now going to have a few weeks off while I get through Xmas (I work in retailing so it's pretty full-on) and think about starting to train for Paris etc.

<sits back and reaches for Doritos>

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Anna - really glad you had such a good run in Florence image! You were flying, and it sounds as though you had the pacing spot on. Well done - when does Edinburgh training start....?

Lake - sorry about Sunday's run - must have been the sore throat and headwind (though I couldn't keep up 7.30 pace for 10 miles anyway). Enjoy your Christmas break - apparently it's essential before starting Spring marathon training.

I'm still hoping for a new 10k PB on Sunday, but I'm not really sure what shape I'm in right now. Guess I'll find out on Sunday image

Stay in touch!