Options

Mersey Tunnel 10K

Comments

• Options

Yes, it finishes near the end of the promenade.

Alan

• Options
    Think I'm going to do this; regardless of Wembley hangover... won't be able to indulge in any post race festivities though, because I have to be back in Newcastle later that afternoon
  • Options

Ooh Corinth!

I almost hope Everton win now!image

Mr LB is planning to run this one (I'm having an op in a couple of weeks so I'm out now)image

And before you say it Corrie - it's not a lobotomy! image

But I will be spectating!

• Options

'Almost' is good enough LB.... re op... nothing serious I hope

• Options

Jay Snizzel and Road Kill - thanks for your replys last week - sorry its taken me so long to thank you!

Good to know that there will be a range of abilities (my best 10km time is 49mins but normally i'm about 52 or 53 mins so I should be in the middle somewhere hopefully!). 

Really looking forward to this one now.

• Options
    LB you're marathon running exploits hopefully have nothing to do with the need for the OP do they?
  • Options

No! The op is not serious!

Did anyone see Usain Bolt's escape from that car crash yesterday? He has one seriously black toenail! It looks like mine!

I think the likelihood of him plodding in Manchester next month is about zero now.....image

• Options

Gutted, i was hoping to see him run again, not in person but no doubt there would of been some media coverage.

I have now applied for this run, finally got round to doing it.

Woohoo.

Seemed a pretty simple process via the Runners World site.

Do i get a confirmation email?

Ah infact, just checked my hotmail and you do get a confirmation.

• Options
    cant believe bolts not gonna run this 150m road race, i was about to whip his ass on home soil!image
  • Options

hehe.

Is this a silly thought, but do other forumites have their RW nicknames on their shirts so other potential forumites can recognise them?

If so how do they do it? just a marker pen job scrawled on number paper?

• Options
    has anyone registered to the site fetcheveryone.com? i noticed it in the runners world mag. The thing is, if you go on there and go to events, get the 10k tunnel race up. It has 2 different links, if you click on either(*and also if youve registered) it gives you distance in miles from your postal address to the start of the race. The problem is the 10k tunnel race(both on the same day) have 2 different distances from my home, being around a mile different. Theres also a little map of the area of the race on the links and they both have different starting points. The only thing i can think of is that maybe they originally had a different starting point, can anyone clear this up!image
  • Options

Races on FE are generally posted by users, rather than organisers, and duplicates therefore do occur - when putting a race up you're asked to check for duplicates, but it doesn't always happen. You're also asked to mark a location on the map as close as you can or know - so these can be inaccurate too. It's a bit like wikipaedia - most of the info is sound, but you can't guarantee it. If you spot something wrong you can help out by putting it right.

I think you'll find that a great many on these forums are also 'Fetchies'. I find many of the tools quite useful, and waste... erm I mean spend... many an hour chatting on both!

Apparently RW recently purchased FE.

• Options
    Of course if I've got that wrong, I'd expect some other Fetchie will put me right. image
  • Options
    All spot on road-kill!!! 10/10 image
  • Options

Cheers ST - do I get a gold star?

The problems start when, as in this case, people have started adding comments, adding the race to their portfolios (portfolia?) etc, so if one version of the race is deleted now it messes up stuff for other users.

Judging by the page IDs I'd say ST is down as a runner on the first occurrence while Boothy you and I are on the second.

OK, I'm boring myself now - off to watch some footie.

TTFN

• Options
    much appreciated,thanks for clearing that up, ive found the route planner quite good on fetcheveryone, were you can map out a run around your house in miles(saves you wasting your fuel in the car going around)image
  • Options
    another thing, whats the closest train station to the start line, i heard it could be moorfields but not 100%, we would be coming in on the train to lime street, but i also heard it was about 20 mins walk to the start from there and we would only be arriving at lime st at 9.25 so pushing it a little close
  • Options

It works on my PC too, unlike some others which crash it (MapMyRun, for example).

Can't help with local travel, I'm afraid - not too familiar with L1. Actually, I'd be interested to hear about parking, as I'll be driving across from Yorkshire.

Just off out for a 10 miler - trying to keep the pace down to 9½ min miles...

• Options
    just looked it up on google and i'm thinking the closest one is a train station named james street, that would get us there for about 9.50(a little close i know) but if you consider we didnt get to the start line of the liverpool half til 9.25(5 mins from start) it would give us loads of time! Just checked for parking if it is as i think next to james street station then the initial search doesn't look good, but i'm sure there will be something around there(it's the only thriving business left in the uk). I'm back in work tuesday with the liverpool lot and i'm sure they'll know something.
  • Options
    Mount Pleasant is open at 9am so me going in there image  Bit of a hike across to James St but its easy to get in and out.  But hey hoy am used to walking across the city from me uni days
  • Options

I usually park in brunswick st for races in city centre, to be honest ive forgot to pay a few times and got away with it!!!lol, altho i wouldnt recommend this as i got clamped parking in a private car park elsewhere not so long ago image

• Options
    On a positive note i came 2nd in the Liverpool Unites (very short) 5k Run today!!! the comeback is going well so far, im going to try but not expecting to get under 40 mins in this
  • Options

Well done Sprinting Toffee.

I'm thinking about getting the Ferry over on the race morning, just a shortish walk up from the front then.

• Options

Nice one ST!

JS - is the free one way rail travel no good for you?

I had a look on t'interweb at car parks and Pall Mall NCP is right by the start and looks easy enough to get to - any thoughts?

• Options

Well seeing as though the map says it finishes near Vale Park, it would be a bit of a walk to the nearest train station.. atleast 15 minutes.

So i'm thinking that i'll park by the ferry as i have family who live near there, get the ferry over and then walk to the start. Then when i finish the race, i'll walk back down the prom the other way as i'm sure the whole prom wont be closed off and i can lend support to any people who are still running.

• Options

Hi Sprinting Tofee - I did the Purple Run 5k too... VERY short for a 5k wasnt it?

I made it about 2.4 miles on my Garmin!

If it was the full 5k then I smashed my pb by about 5 minutes!

Made the mistake of starting in the middle of the pack and spent the first half mile falling over prams. pushchairs and people who had give up runing after 20 yards!

Can anyone clarify just exactly where the start  / assembly point is for the tunnel run? The map provided on the run liverpool site sint up to much!

• Options
    Thanks everyone, only 10 seconds behind the winner but got the impression he could have ran alot quicker..... i was knackered at the end and he wasnt even out of breath!!!!image kicked it-ye theres no way was that was 5k, i was lucky as i was warming up on the field and then heard the announcement that it was starting and everyone walking over, so i just mixed in near the front, about 100 little kids sprinted at the start didnt they!!!lol i got about 10 people from my work to enter some of them it was their first race, perfect weather for it... ive not done the tunnel 10k before sorry
  • Options

Funnily enough the winner was a guy called John Hunt who happens to work for the Echo and the Daily Post...

I think theTunnel Run would be a lot more interesting if we had the mums that dont run, a bunch of prams and blokes in full tracksuit and tennis shoes in front of anyone who has done a bit of training! A sort of handicap / slalom / hurdles event....!

Well done though ST - I'm only jealous I didnt wriggle to the front too!

• Options
    I had the same problem with a 10k here in Brum - it was only about 8½k! The finish line came as a bit of a surprise... hadn't started my sprint finish!
  • Options

Thanks mate, ye i know someone who works for the echo and they mentioned he worked for them... just out of interest is anyone doing the corporate cup or knowsley active challenge on the 17th may in knowsley hall??? Ive organised 7 teams of 4 (28 people in total!!!) members of staff from my work to do it, and pretty god damned proud of that!!!! image altho it does mean that noone else talks to me and suddenly evacuate the staff room whenever i walk in lol