Options

Mersey Tunnel 10K

Comments

• Options
    St JeffSt Jeff ✭✭

Still considering giving this one a go.

Is the last day for all entries the 15th or just postal entries?

• Options

I believe you have until tomorrow Jeff.

sprinting toffee wrote (see)
    here we go a volunteer!!! do you fancy being a cheerleader or bikini sponger liverbird?!  image

Now that really is going to depend on the weather! As I had my op yesterday and I'm currently covered in stitches all over my ribs I'm not convinced bikini is the best option though......image

• Options

I read it as all entries Jeff but I'm sure there are people on this thread who are more informed than I am.

I think it's probably one not to miss though by the sounds of it!

• Options

Hope you're okay Liverbird... wishing you a speddy recovery! 

Hopefully the Firemen will still brighten your day even though youre not running... at least your OH will be occupied running while you check out the hose action!  image

• Options

Shrek 2 (cant believe there must be a Shrek 1)

I would like to offer you and yer family a warm scouse welcome since you are coming from out in the sticks (have you got a combine harvester?) only joking, Oswestry is one of my favourite golf courses.

I live less than a minutes walk from the train station on the Wirral Peninsula which is a 14 minute train ride to James Street Station -  you are most welcome to park on me drive, have a shower and a bowl of scouse, we may even have some champagne left after our FA cup final win on the saturday.

Will even assist you in acheiving your race goal, since me dodgy knee should get me in on the hour mark!

Email me for the details  

• Options
    Shrek 2 wrote (see)

Thanks for the car park advise Road Kill - sound like Brunswick is the best bet as I will have to drive up early that day at silly o clock & dont want to be paniking about finding a space.

Can't take credit for that Shrek - nutty & sprinting toffee are your men.
  • Options
    LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

Now that really is going to depend on the weather! As I had my op yesterday and I'm currently covered in stitches all over my ribs I'm not convinced bikini is the best option though......image

Hope you get well soon LB
  • Options
    Not really - just pointed out a carpark I like to park in when I go the match image
  • Options

Im very modest about these things.... ill take all the credit!!!!!! (shoves nutty out the way and smiles at the cameras!;-) )

Liverbird - hope you have a speedy recovery and that you bring your pom poms!!!

• Options

Don't panic about the race packs... the last  of them will go out today so all should be received by early next week. They started going out on Wednesday and the business post takes up to four days!!

We will take postal / online entries throughout next week as we have shifted all current entries. In the last week in person only at Up And Running in Bold Street - up to 5.00pm on Saturday!! How's that for service and dedication!!

Medals arrived yesterday so it must be getting near...

Alan Rothwell

'runliverpool' initiative 

• Options
    race pack came through today!!! image i am a local though so guess thats why i might have it than some others, plus im not in work!!! image get the gold medal shined for the toffeeman please alan lol
  • Options

Mersey Tunnel 10k 09 forumites race numbers and predictions

sprinting toffee - 954 - 42 minutes

• Options

Mersey Tunnel 10k 09 forumites race numbers and predictions

sprinting toffee - 954 - 42 minutes

David Jones - XX - 60 minutes dead - but i do have a sick note!

Ran a 6 miler on the wirral way last nite from West Kirby to the rangers hut in thurstatston and back along the beach - really nice run, then had a curry and pint at weatherspoons for £3.99 how cheap is that - me knee is still holding up.

• Options

Thank you for all your lovely messages folks! I am getting slowly more mobile and I'm able to shower now, so I don't stink! image 

Mr LB's race pack has arrived too! All stations go now!

What I need to know from you Alan, is I need to be in Liverpool to drop his Lordship off at the start and then I plan to hotfoot it over to New Brighton to the finish. What's my best plan of action to get there?

• Options

Wallasey Tunnel and then the normal road route through to New Brighton. Come off M56 out of the Tunnel at B&Q and follow New Brighton signs. Probably best to park by the Pavillion and walk up to the finish area. You will need to get away from the start pretty quickly though in order to get to the finish in time. I suggest don't wait for the start to go off!

Alan

• Options

I wasn't going to wait at the start Alan, and thanks for that.

I was going to abandon him to the toilet queue, nip to New Brighton and look for an ice cream van for the kids! image

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    LB I did that last year for Mrs Puffy, left her in Liverpool and parked in New Brighton.  It's a great finish to watch, I will keep my eye open for you , that's if my race pack ever arrives image
  • Options

Race pack arrived this morning. Hope I enjoy the race as much as last year. Good organisation. Great atmosphere.

• Options

I was about to ask the same on behalf of my personal supporters club, (wife and kids!).

Easier to be dropped off and have them cheer me home than have to mess about with parking. Am I right in understanding that there will be a facility for bags to be transported to the finish for us?

IE: small race day bag containing all my essentials - zip top, joggy bottoms, bottle of wate, oxygen tent and camp bed...

• Options

I'm going to make sign.....

"ALAN IS A SECRET KOPITE"image

• Options

Alan - small query.  Any particular reason the City line isn't included in the free travel for runners.  Bit of a shame cause although I'm not in Merseyside, Newton-Le-Willows is my nearest station which of course is just inside and on the city line

Me thinks me is going to have a sign as well as I have to run in my lovely Everton Blue Club Vest

"Nutty is a Kopite honest image"

• Options

Kicked It - baggage facility is available - see race instructions.

LB - one thing I would never be is a RED!!!

Nutty 1976 - the City Line is not part of the Mersey Rail network which is why it can't be included in the free transportation plan!!

Alan

• Options

Id rather be ded than a red!!!!!!!!!!!

alan - if we win the cup mate.... any chance we can put the start time of this race back a few hours?! lol

• Options

What do you mean IF...

Alan

• Options

We're not in Merseyside anyway.....image 

We are in Cheshire, (supposedly)

*sniffs*

The train back over the water was a really nice experience last year though - if a little whiffy! image

Is there a match on then?image

• Options
    I see the mancs have been promised a party in the streets if they beat Barca, Do you think Liverpool city council will organise one when Barca win
  • Options
    If they do I'll be there! image
  • Options
    well pointed out alan i apologise!!!! image can you put the start time of the race back please?!?! image
  • Options
    LB - I have the unfortunate pleasure of being officially classed as living in Greater Manchester, yet you have to put Lancashire on the postal address otherwise you get no mail.  I can run 400meters ish from my house then I'm in cheshire and I can drive 3 miles down the road and I am in the bestest county Merseyside image Yeah thinking about it your right.  It was Merseyrail but changed when the franchises changed again yonks ago.  You'd think though they'd change the big station sign at Newton-Le-Willows that reads Merseyrail to say Northern instead.  A tad confusing me thinks image
  • Options

Oh yeah I'll be there.  Sat for 4hrs outside the subway entrance waiting for old big ears in 2005.  Boy didn't half get a sore bum image