Options

Royal Parks Half Marathon

Comments

• Options
    jusst seen the e-mail RP sent and it now says to allow until the 7th Oct for the race pack, so guessing quite a few poeple haven't received them..
  • Options

Thanks to one marvellously-timed knee injury, I'm now out of doing this image

If anyone is still looking for a place then PM me as it may as well go to some use!

• Options
    yeah im out of this event as well, let me know if anyone is after a place
  • Options
    Thank God it's taper week! my longest run before sunday will be 3 miles. Had bad cold for last few days so expectations have been drastically lowered.
  • Options
    my place is still going, email me if your interested
  • Options

Physio tomorrow for knee-injury. Reading 'rough guide to running', won on justgiving.com Fbook competition, along with £20 donation to my charity image it says it's weak quads that give runners knee. Hopefully physio will show me exercises to strenghen them... fix my knee... and I'll be on target to Sunday!

Tapering week everyone.... oh! I started mine three weeks ago image

• Options

Good luck with the knee TracyB.

I'm loving the taper! Went out for a  nice 7 mile run yesterday morning, never thought I would think that was a 'short' run image

Hope this rain stops by Sunday

• Options
    I think I might be being dense but i cant find any reference to the start zone I'm in, can anyone point me in the rigt direction? thanks.
  • Options
    FP- look at the colour on your number. I'm in the pink zone, can't remember what time I put down though.
  • Options

finally got my pack.. dodgy t-shirt tho image

anyone know what rime yellow zone is supposed to be?

tapering is fantastic. did my last long run yesterday and am now eating lots to build my energy up for Sunday!! image

• Options
    Still not got my pack... image
  • Options

Hi All,

Dusty.nebulosity.. don't panic, they said till the 7th.. so then contact them.

VS, glad you are well image Physio tomorrow.. can't wait.. hope he has magic fingers!

Mrs W.. I love the t-shirt. Is def one of the better ones I've had. I'm yellow too. Think I put done 2:30 but we won't know the starts until we get there. We worked out roughly, based on the information on the leaflet/booklet that comes with it, yellow's start approx 9.45.... at a guess....

• Options

Thanks - VS, when the envelope arrived I thought it was my VLM rejection so I was pleased when I opened it, then speechless when I opened the next envelope which was my VLM acceptance.

The t shirt would be ok if it didnt have the writing on the back.

• Options
    hey VS im Pink too image

good luck everyone
  • Options

Hallelujah!!!  My race pack has arrived!! image Interesting t-shirt design... in two minds about the colour!

I'm in the maroon start - I think I put 2:30+ on my application cos I reckoned I'm at the back most of the way! image

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

• Options

got mine too. shirts alright from the front...

maroon too...

• Options

Well done in getting into VLM Flying Pig! I've just been rejected for the third time, was quite happy though cos I can do Brighton marathon instead now.

Emsy2 - Is pink under 2.15? Think I might have been a bit optimistic with my finishing time image I'm hoping to finish in about 2.20 but my main aim is to run all the way round.

• Options

love my shirt at the back too image

Dusty... I am yellow start at put 2.30.

Madaussie... glad you got it !: )

Ok, so my physio appt at work's been cancelled, he can't do it till next week. Looking at physio websites, they are quite expensive. Swam last night for 2 miles, knees a bit cranky but am sure I can't run on it yet. Apart from nurofen, spreeze spray, elevation.. anyone got any quick remedies for Sunday??

• Options
    Hi VS, my aim is to get to the race image
  • Options

Am quite nervous about this half now - got injured a third of the way through the beginners schedule I was doing and had to take 3 weeks out to go to physio...my long slow runs have suffered image

Hopefully I've done enough to get round without walking...or puking! image

TracyB....my physio was great and I just had to do some extra stretches and strengthening exercises which sorted the prob. I agree, can be expensive!!

• Options

Oh dear TracyB image Sounds like physio might be the best option even if it is expensive, you don't want to do any more damage.

Dusty - I just want to get round without crying! At the end of my first half I burst into tears when I saw the finish line.

• Options

Hi Dusty and VS,

Now I have a physio appt tomorrow night (40qd I don't have image )

Totally agree with the emotion at the end, preferable tears to show emotion, relief and achievement - as opposed to suffering and pain image

Have read it could be due to weak quads.. how to strengthen them in 5 days ...

• Options

I can sympathise Veggie - I burst into tears at the finish line of my first ever race - I was so chuffed to get across the line without passing out! .....and it was just a 5k!!  image

• Options

TracyB, funny you should say that about the quads...

My running buddy has had to pull out of this half because of ongoing knee pain, her physio said she has very weak quads and gave her exercises with ankle weights to strengthen them and also told her to do stationary lunges. She's noticed an improvemnt already after only a couple of weeks of daily exercises but isn't fit enough to run yet unfortunately...  image

• Options

VS - yep i think Pink was approx 1.50 -2.15 if i remember correctly. i'm sure you will be fine. image

Weather is looking good for sunday.... cool and cloudy just how i like it image i just wilt when the sun pops out!

• Options
    Keith LKeith L ✭✭✭

Been hanging around the quietest RPHM forum site - hadnt realised there were twoa nd this one was where it was at!

Looking forward to Sunday...although trains are a bit of a problem...

• Options

After four months of charity raising and reporting to friends on how well my training's been doing i am now praying that i don't pick up the bug the rest of the family are contending with!!!

• Options
    I've been following this thread as well as I am running this Sunday starting in the yellow pen and aiming for 2 hours 30 min. I know what you mean about the trains...they are awful from where I have to come from ..so much so that I am thankfully staying with a friend in North London otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get there in time. Looking forward to it (despite nursing a cold and feeling under prepared ...and hoping it doesn't rain! Actually I don't mind rain it is wind I don't like!)
  • Options

Welcome Keith L image Think when I dug this one out... there wasn't one on the Events page and at the time I didn't know how to start it maybe... can't remember.

Now... where's TNT??

All, have been 'ice'ing tonight.. rattle with the nurofen.. I thought I'd recover by now.... hope Sunday comes by slowly.. the more chance to recover the better cos I so want to run it.

Dusty.. read about quad exercises but general advice is to do them once no pain is felt image Need a bl00dy miracle now.. image (praying face)

• Options
    Keith LKeith L ✭✭✭

TracyB - couldnt understand why one of teh biggest events of teh year was attracting 1 or 2 people every week on Runners World! Duh!

Foer those worried about colds and bugs this is a natural feeling just before a big event you have trained for - dont worry most of us will be fine....but if you are ill do not attempt to run.