Options

Royal Parks Half Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Just got a place - number 11967, so can't imagine there's many public places left if there are 15,000 runners...
  • Options
    Although I managed to enter at 11ish yesterday morning and i'm number 115x or something.  In my experience the numbering in races doesn't necessarily reflect the order in which you entered. So don't give up!
  • Options
    Ah, yes - it's probably a high number because I'm very slow image
  • Options
    hmm, got my email after I went to bed. runner 15029...
  • Options

and for those of you whinging about the price (again)...you do get a very nice tech shirt, BEFORE the race, so you get the size you asked for, not whatever the faster runners left for you...

And if you bring a friend they can spend the day collecting samples from the food festival, and you'll end up with the biggest goody bag you'll ever see...

• Options

Got straight on this morning - all good.

WHY OH WHY COULD IT NOT BE THAT EASY YESTERDAY.

• Options

Well I know it was all worth it just to see Jason M whore himself into the race  image That has made me laugh so much this morning, love it!  Thanks Jason and I good luck image

• Options

I signed up about 11.30am yesterday and my number was 5xxx, so think those numbers were allocated at random. Also read on website that the line up at the start will be based on estimated finish times. They also say they're doing bamboo wicking t-shirts again - I really like the t-shirt from last year.

I never got an email confirmation from Royal Parks, so to login I just went to the bit of the webiste where you login and clicked on the forgotten password bit and was sent through my email and username.

• Options
    I'm number 11598! image
  • Options

I've managed to pay and get confirmation but have no email from royal parks image

Tried the forgotten password bit but it doesn't work..

• Options

I've just done the same thing - got the worldpay confirmation email about 4pm yesterday but nothing from royal parks. Tried the forgotten password trick and got "Error: The email address you submitted was not found in the database".

ARG!

• Options

I guess at least we've paid so we must have a place! (she says trying to be optimistic...)

Weird as I signed my sister up as well and with her registration it took me through to the royal parks website after i paid, with mine I just got through to a worldpay confirmation thingy. Looks like maybe they're still havign a few glitches with their system!

• Options
    hmm ring them up, just to make sure...
  • Options
    yes, probably safest... ringing now. Lets hopw their phone line isn't as unreliable as their website!
  • Options

I'd say if you got the world pay email you are in, just a cock up with the emails.

• Options

I'm not tight just careful image!!! I believe the full London Marathon is cheaper!  image. But on the bright side I'll get a tech t-shirt that won't fit and a huge bag of inedible health food I won't eat.

I'm off to hit the refresh button one more time!

• Options
    my shirt fit perfectly...can't help it if you choose the wrong size image
  • Options
    I finally got through to the payment bit this morning, but didn't get the email from Royal Parks either so went through all that lost password login palaver, and now have a number and proper login. Phewf. What a shambles! I reckon the 'unanticipated/unprecedented demand' is a laughable pure PR line -how on earth could they not anticipate how keen people would be this year?!
  • Options

I managed to sign up quite easily this morning and even got the confirmation email - so against my better judgement I have just handed them £39!! Oh well - just have to remember to go to the loo at every opportunity on the way to the race so I dont have to queue for the solitary portaloo that will be provided for all 15,000 runners!!

• Options

I am a recreational runner and have run in lots of events from the small to the large and I think that most of the blogs are grossly unfair.  Surely the experienced runners among you would know that when you register online, web-sites can crash.  I had problems while registering and contacted them and they were very helpful.  At least they spoke to me personally, and I also received a personal email from them when I questioned if I was registered.

I ran in their first Half Marathon last year and it was very well organised and it was highly rated in Runner's World too. 

Also I note that people say thay have been trying for hours to register and that was during the day - hmm does their boss know!

So come on you moaners, get a life and if you can't register for the cheaper running places then you can always run for a charity.

Keep running!

• Options

Ahh, running free...with 1 forum post...the point of the forum is to whinge...

get in the spirit.

I missed out on a public place last year and did do a charity place, but its hard work raising money when you work for the nhs and all your family live on the other side of the world...

shhh, don't tell my boss, oops too late he spent the day on facebook...

• Options
    Running free - I think the point we were all making is that they invited us to register by sending an email the day before so they must have had some idea of how many people were likely to try and enter online but they totally failed to anticipate that demand. This is going to be a big race in the middle of an enormous city and requires imaculate preparation; so far this year - and also my experience of last year's race - doesn't give me a whole load of confidence. Compare this to the BUPA 10,000 - effortless registration and faultless organisation on the day last year.
  • Options

S Leamon : Yep i totally agree with you regarding the BUPA 10,000, no issues apart from the shocking weather!

Yipee, well after a trying all day yesterday i sucessfully registered this morning image

Any of you guys at thereading half this weekend? image

• Options
     site was down at 0900hrs yesterday got onto it at 1100hrs today got place then looked at 1400hrs all full up (it was easer to get micheal jacson tickets
  • Options

And I got confirmation that I am registered despite not getting a confirmation email...woohoo!

Not doing reading half this weekend as doing a 20 miler in prep for the london marathon image

• Options

BTW...royal parks registration now closed so hope everyone who wanted a place got one!

I'm doing london for charity and raising money in these tough times is seriously hard....

• Options
     o well got got 5months to think about  it then 2months training first one since 2004 hope i can remember what traing i need
  • Options
    Good Luck for the big one douey! image
  • Options
    anthony - you got MJ tickets!!! Not fair...