Options

Roth 2010

Comments

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Oxy - if it's down to a sprint finish I reckon you'll win

no beers between now and then? what? I'm having some now, and I've only run 12 miles this week
  • Options
    On Friday we should all be supporting Henny's junior pirate in the Junior Challenge triathlon!
  • Options

I think in 2007 whee smiley lady and zuppy came to Roth they flew to Frankfurt and then to Nuernberg.  Munich is quite a way away, closer to Regensburg (for next year).

• Options

Ah yes ill see silly me, I can still get the Flybe from Manchester and will look for a connecting flight from Frankfurt, then taxi to the hotel, sorted (I think).

• Options
    That sounds ok. - remember you have to rack your bike on Saturday though, like in most long distance races.
  • Options
    Barley, I'm flying Lufthansa via Dusseldorf to Nuremburg, CBA going all the way up to Stansted for cattle class but direct flight. Works out about the same journey time, stop and some beers in Dusseldorf rather than navigating halfway to the bloody midlands. Lufthhansa's own website had the most options and best prices for their own flights, some of the other options were London-Zurich-Nuremberg, about a 7 hour round trip for stupid money.

There is also a direct fast train from Munich to Nuremburg, takes about an hour. Just google it and you'll see the details. But more faffing about with a bike and all the kit though.
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    I've just found 39 chufs in a purse! image
    Would it be better to change them at Stansted or in Tchermany?
  • Options

taper time image

first and last 20 miler done today, it was quite toasty towards the end.

• Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    indeed - it's not a day for post-run hugs, is it. image
  • Options

Run on TM done... it's all I'll get from my legs now with the injury I had... looks I might have recovered but I'm not going to try and make up for the loss of a couple of weeks worth of runs.....

Let the taper start!!! image

• Options

Good stuff Pkim.

I presume if I get there Thursday, there will be an opportunity to drive the bike course for a recce wont there?

• Options
    Kanga (M.) wrote (see)
    Barley, I'm flying Lufthansa via Dusseldorf to Nuremburg, CBA going all the way up to Stansted for cattle class but direct flight. Works out about the same journey time, stop and some beers in Dusseldorf rather than navigating halfway to the bloody midlands. Lufthhansa's own website had the most options and best prices for their own flights, some of the other options were London-Zurich-Nuremberg, about a 7 hour round trip for stupid money.

There is also a direct fast train from Munich to Nuremburg, takes about an hour. Just google it and you'll see the details. But more faffing about with a bike and all the kit though.
    I thought someone said Lufthansa charge stupid money for bikes?  I was avoiding them.

Having thought about it, im going to get fly to Frankfurt with Flybe, pick up a hire car and drive the 2 hours to the hotel.  I figure that the car will be hard to beat on convienience, price and overall travel time.
  • Options
    Rodeo CLown wrote (see)

Good stuff Pkim.

I presume if I get there Thursday, there will be an opportunity to drive the bike course for a recce wont there?

Yeah, that won't be a problem, I'll join you on that.
  • Options

image Righto Pkim, just to empahise the word DRIVE round image

Ill drive you navigate image

• Options

Meldy!

When we made the original bet, it was meant to be a bit of fun for us both, potentially lucrative for you and also motivating for me. You justifiably thought that I wouldn’t bother to train for it and that it would therefore be easy money. I knew that I was quite committed to the training and thought that if I had a good clear run of decent training that I might actually be able to do a half decent marathon time for a change.

Well, here we are, 3 weeks out and it is absolutely obvious that I am going to lose the bet by some margin! Lack of motivation has played a part and I certainly won’t make any excuses, I never do. But I did have to have significantly more time out after my surgery than was expected which has played a part.

So, we, or rather you, have 2 choices. We can either continue with the bet, which won’t be any fun because we both know the outcome.  Or we can devise a new bet, that protects against you losing any money at all, creates an opportunity for you to make more money and most importantly, is actually fun on the day! Everyone's a winner! This would be my preferred choice.

You could set a new time for me (based on me telling you the times and heart rates of my most recent long runs) and if I beat that time we will call it quits, and if I don’t beat that time I will increase the amount to £125What do you say?

• Options
    Rodeo CLown wrote (see)

image Righto Pkim, just to empahise the word DRIVE round image

Ill drive you navigate image

Oh...right drive image
  • Options
    Heavens,  this is like calling someone outside for a fight  !!!

If you told me a time that you had in mind of your absolute best for a marathon time on the day then I would trust you to tell me that in truth.

This did start off as a serious bet for us although under the influence of a few pints if I remember but at the end of the day it is a friendly one and introduces a bit of sport as well ....

Another option,  you tell me in honesty your best time for marathon,  if you crack that then you give me £50

If I get sub 14 at Roth you double the bet to our original.

That way you stand to lose £50 if you dont try and I lose £100 if I dont 

It makes sense in my head anyway !!
  • Options
    If you beat your time and I beat mine we'll just go to the nearest bar and drink lots    image
  • Options
    scuuuuse me Pkim,  we is having an important bet here   image
  • Options
    lol- no, i actually dont understand what you are saying!image
  • Options
    I have put the original bet back in the pot

If you dont get your best time marathon wise I get £50 of it back
    If I get sub 14 I get all of it back

• Options
    edited as I nearly just gave it all away   image
  • Options

do you mean

i set a time, for example lets say 5 hours (just an example) and......

if i get sub 5 and you get sub 14 i owe you 50

if i miss sub 5 and you get sub 14 i owe you 100

if i get sub 5 and you miss sub 14 no money is exchanged

is that right?

• Options
    Yes, I think so

Does that sound fair, open & honest ?  image
  • Options
    That way we both have a goal and a bit of incentive rather than the seemingly one way that it was before regardless of time!
  • Options

ok cool- now to set a time

ps i bet this is fascinating reading for everyone else, mind you, considering the race is in 20 days its bloody quiet in here anyway isnt it?

• Options

I am not sandbagging with the sub 14 either, I would be over the moon with that

Its within reach but I may need to just work a little for it  image
  • Options
    Its about time this thread woke up anyway,  cant have them IMDE'ers taking all the limelight  image
  • Options
    what time did you do last year?