The Daily Plod

Comments

• Morning all

*waves*

Bit cooler today. And that's just me image

• <surfs the wave into the thread>  Good morning.  It's good to finally get to Friday.

Looking cool Sam image

• alledgedly getting cooler here too image

distant rumbling during the night, but that could have been the curry

• just taking my aged motor for MOT

wibble

• morning all.

looks like its going to be a storm here today.. that'll be fun for running in image

• Storm last night where I was. 

Lots of work today, then maybe clubbing tonight! 

• <hands Mike a club>

I think running in a storm might be fun.

• <ducks to avoid being clubbed>

so do I!! I ran in hailstones last time image people were looking at me a bit strangely image

• home safe from Snowdon
  • Bobbis is still having a bit of trouble with going down
  • but my tight calves are easing
  • welcome home babes image
  • thank you

Tigger pinata painting for Bobbis this afternoon

Kid B is 11 tomorrow

• Welcome home, flr.

And as I won't be logging on tomorrow:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KID B! image

• Bobbis is painting what????

boggle

I knew it was her birthday, but 11?????

dog, don't they grow?

• something to do with el Tigre?
  • picked up car from car doctor

not toooooo expensive for mot

• Good news yeo :0)

And well done to flr and Bobs for going down together, although I suspect they get a lot of practice.

dan dan is pracising his fingering tonight image

• hey all

popping in again - its the same story every year i do race for life and get all inspired and get excited about what i could do if I trained but dont take it anywhere...  this year i threw a dodgy back into the equation but thats a problem cos i been so lazy.

have got the r@@/walk schedule and will do that from monday.  I miss exercise and am sure my lazyness is traumatising my back oh and my crappy desk job...

Hope all is well in plodland!

love y'all

• well

good news all round then image

• Hiya Shaz

*waves*

Nice to see you again! When is your race?? 

• hey yeo / sam

how are you guys??

well i hope - i have mot in september - am dreading it already spent couple of hundred on my baby still have three new tyres to get - car isgreat but it makes me lazy too.. 

what you up to sam?

• it was last sunday - holyrood park - nearly saw the queen - well at least her empty car image

41 mins - 4 mins slower than last year with no training and a dodgy back...

• Tonight, just chilling in the cool air, listening to dan dan playing Auld Lang Syne on his guitar.

In general, I am getting back into r*nning after nearly 2 years off with a back injury (take care of yours, don't train too hard or you'll end up f*cked like me!!) and loving every minute.

• hey Shaz - good to see you

never mind the time - it's the getting out there that's important

I'm currently having my annual restart too - tho' without the incentive of a R4L of course

I've already tentatively committed to join some folks on another thread for a 10k on New Year's Eve and maybe Flr, Bobs and others for Stratford mara next year

• Exactly, Yeo image

My times are slower now since my back problems. I may or may not get them down (my TIMES for all those dirty minded plodders out there image) but I'm just glad to be r*nning again. It would be nice if it didn't hurt so much though image

• good for you, yeo

i want to get a good pair of shoes - osteopath says its all muscular so exercise should help - good shoes should help..  i do love ly ascis tho

auld lang syne - its only july ( although how the heck did it get to july???) thats a january song - you still in glasgow??

• nah she's darn sarf

• Good shoes are so important. Sweatshop or Achilles Heel in Glasgow are fab for shoes!!

No longer in Glasgow, no longer in Scotland. Living in Ingerland now.

• *waves to flr*

hiya babe, how are the calves?