Options

Needed an ambulance last night..

Comments

• Options

LB

Wow, cleaning the cooker just after a run.  You are setting a very high bar for aspiring domestic godesses, well done.

• Options

bos1, thinking about it, i'm pretty sure LB just makes microwave dinners and uses the oven as a wine rack.  'Cleaning the oven' must have been a euphemism for ' searching for the bottle opener'

*ducks*

• Options

You may be right , Lee, post training re-hydration is very important.

However, serious injury suffered in the course of kitchen duty ... must be in line for the Nigella Cross.

• Options
    Lee the Pea wrote (see)

bos1, thinking about it, i'm pretty sure LB just makes microwave dinners and uses the oven as a wine rack.  'Cleaning the oven' must have been a euphemism for ' searching for the bottle opener'

*ducks*

*swings* image

I cook from scratch everyday! image Mostly because if I don't I need an ambulance...image

• Options
    LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

I was electrocuted by a newly fitted metal cooker hood that had been inexplicably wired LIVE instead of being earthed. As I was cleaning the hob below, my head came close enough to the hood to get the electricity to jump and complete the circuit as my hand was on the hob. I was blown across the room.

I had just been for a run so I wearing trainers thankfully. God bless rubber shoes! When I got to the hospital I was most bothered about not having any knickers on and being examined in a sweaty sports bra! imageimage I still have a tiny mark on my head from the burn.

I don't recommend it as a fun way to spend a Sunday evening. I recall seeing a ball of blue around my head and an enormous bang. Then I was in the van with the flashing light.....image

Bliddy hell LB, there's got to be easier ways to get a perm than that! image

Seriously though bet that was well scary image

• Options

so lets get this right LB

You were naked except for trainers and a freshly moistened sports bra,cleaning your cooker...........?

hmmm fantastic image to conjour   image

• Options
    LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    Slugsta wrote (see)

electrocuted, LB?? No wonder you have NHSDirect on speed dial1 Perhaps you and corinth should get together and free up an ambulance? image

Corinth can't handle me in cyberspace, never mind real life.....image

I was electrocuted by a newly fitted metal cooker hood that had been inexplicably wired LIVE instead of being earthed. As I was cleaning the hob below, my head came close enough to the hood to get the electricity to jump and complete the circuit as my hand was on the hob. I was blown across the room.

I had just been for a run so I wearing trainers thankfully. God bless rubber shoes! When I got to the hospital I was most bothered about not having any knickers on and being examined in a sweaty sports bra! imageimage I still have a tiny mark on my head from the burn.

I don't recommend it as a fun way to spend a Sunday evening. I recall seeing a ball of blue around my head and an enormous bang. Then I was in the van with the flashing light.....image

Damn thats enough of a horror story (the electric shock) to put anyone off using a cooker

*where did i put that takeaway menu*

• Options
    goldbeetle wrote (see)

You were naked except for trainers and a freshly moistened sports bra,cleaning your cooker...........?

Hmm, sounds to risky Goldbeetle.  Maybe you could get LB to wear a rubber suit from Ann Summers instead.....at least then she'll be protected, though only if they make the zips with plastic image
  • Options

I don't believe LB's story for one minute.  We all know she has maids at her beck and call and therefore has no need to venture into the kitchen image

The real q is.....what was she reeeeaaaallly doing?

• Options
    Schmunkee wrote (see)

I don't believe LB's story for one minute.  We all know she has maids at her beck and call and therefore has no need to venture into the kitchen image

The real q is.....what was she reeeeaaaallly doing?

Oh how I wish that were true.....image *sigh*

• Options

Two wrongs don't make a right!

• Options
    Puffy is sounding like my dad again...image
  • Options
    Devoted2Distance wrote (see)
    If these idiots deserve an ambulance over me, then I despair.

you don't know the whole story.........one of them might have been dying and the ambulance saved their young and silly life............

you on the other hand were fine by the time the ambulance arrived.you weren't admitted,you weren't refered to the hospital in the morning or even to the GP and you were running within 36 hours feeling great.......

so maybe they did need an ambulance whilst you called one but maybe with hindsight didn't actually need one

• Options
    D2D said "deserved" and ambulance not "needed" one..........
  • Options
    Do any of us "deserve" an ambulance?image
  • Options
    Preciseley LB - you either need one or you don't .
  • Options

but you cannot decide from an newspaper article is someone deserved an ambulance..........the pictures are all from sheffield but they only mention two cardiff students went to hospital in an ambulance..........It could have been that they were mugged or raped or simply had an appendicitis or fallen off a pavement.........its easy to make assumptions without the facts...........

D2D obvioulsy thinks she is more worthy of an ambulance than someoine she has never met or didn't know why they needed an ambulance........

maybe she is more worthy than a bunch of young silly kids

• Options
    I think the use o the word "deserves" speaks volumns - no-one deserves an ambulance anymore than anyone else regardless of how they got into the situation of needing one.  I'd like to think the students in the article were mortified by their behaviour when sober and carry out some sort of charity fund raising event in recompense.
  • Options

As seren says, the photo shows the student in Sheffield, the two who needed ambulances were in Cardiff.  Whilst the article implies that the two needing an ambulance were involved in the drinking session, there is no evidence to back that up - their need may have been totally unconnected to the drinking spree.

Papers are notorious for creating news when there is none by the addition of a simple comment which they then expect readers to (mis)interpret.

• Options
    By all means D2D, you may have an ambulance over you, but you should really be careful what you wish for!
  • Options
    TBH looks like a good night out image
  • Options
    Tigerlily wrote (see)
    I think the use o the word "deserves" speaks volumns - no-one deserves an ambulance anymore than anyone else regardless of how they got into the situation of needing one.  I'd like to think the students in the article were mortified by their behaviour when sober and carry out some sort of charity fund raising event in recompense.
    While we're all being pedantic, if 'no one deserves an ambulance any more', does that mean people used to deserve them?  image
  • Options
    CJBA (justgiving.com/Aspie-on-the-run) wrote (see)
    ...Papers are notorious for creating news when there is none by the addition of a simple comment...
    And the Daily Mail is one of the worst offenders.
  • Options
    Vicky Probyn wrote (see)
    Tigerlily wrote (see)
    While we're all being pedantic, if 'no one deserves an ambulance any more', does that mean people used to deserve them?  image

'no one deserves an ambulance any more than anyone else'

You should be a journalist!

• Options

Should have known it would be the Mail before I even clicked on the link.

'Pools of sick' FFS - what is wrong with saying 'vomit'?

• Options
    Lee the Pea wrote (see)
    goldbeetle wrote (see)

Hmm, sounds to risky Goldbeetle.  Maybe you could get LB to wear a rubber suit from Ann Summers instead.....at least then she'll be protected, though only if they make the zips with plastic image

Maybe I could get LB to wear a rubber suit?

I have never met the Lady and certainly not lend her anything from my wardrobe