Options

for all new runners ..... (part 2)

Comments

• Options
    Thanks guys... will definitely do this soon.  Quite fancy the Nike plus thing  too so hopefully get some Nike ones.. expecting expense though!!!  oh, and a pretty pink armband thingy image
  • Options

Thats what someone told me to do Kwala but as they were so good doing Gait analysis I felt bad just going and getting them elsewhere,I know mine were for overpronation and extra cusioned cos of my ankle trouble so Im sure others would not be so much.

Strange one,mine are the nike plus ones and they are good,my daughter has an IPOD so I saved in the arm band thingy,its good cos it tells me pace and I can see improvement from when I first got them.

• Options

Ecky well done Iv been playing with different shoes and still not quite happy.

So Weeny P you are a respected Runner

" She really does know what she's banging on (tee hee) about"!!!!!!!!!!!!! very impressed you can do the businessimage. Come fix My Boilerimage

have a good run all.

• Options

HI all,

Sorry I've been a bit slack on the posting front for the last few days, I've been on a revision course all weekend so now I'm so very knackered image!

Has also meant no running for me all weekend, only being a heffer and eating my body weight in cookies image

I did go for a run on fri night though and added a mile to my usual run which put it to just below four miles yeah image Wanted to get as much in as possible as I'm on nights this week so not sure what thats going to do for my running schedule.

Well done to everyone who has done good runs this weekendimage

Weeny and Kwala, hugs to you both cos you both seem a bit down image

• Options

BooH!  It's me!! image Scared ya didn't I? image

As for me "knowing my stuff"....well I can agree I do "bang on bit" and quite often about running - but I guess after 30 odd years at it....I've made alot of mistakes image

Thanks to all you lovely lot for the virtual hugs image

Cheetara....you know me so well.  I'm watching you sister image

STrange one! Nice to see you are doing the sensible thing....bit of running AND some *dirty living* (spicy food and beer).... I of course would not condone such behaviour as MY BODY is a temple image image

I hear so many people who get the runners "trots".....THAT is something I have yet to experience image

Trigger - Well done on your Long Run....snow????????? in Norf Landon me ol' china?????? The schedule does not sound at all weird to me..but then I have OCD...and am rather left brained so I LOVE a listed to do thing...AND post it notes. *heaven* image

LK - Sister...you are strong, she-raaaaarrrr!  I bow to your gritty-ness.  Hope you had some proper dirty fun! image  When you passed the runner at the peak of the hill....hope you looked at her as you went past and smiled saying "lovely day for it"    *rub salt in festering wound* mwahahahaha image

Well done though! Fabulous! image

Ecky - You are a star! Keep going!

Well done Katy Mc - I'm on permanent night shift...and i dont get paid for it *insomniac & sleep deprived* Well done for adding to your mileage on Friday.  Onwards!

Doremouse! Doremouse! Doremouse!....... What can I say..??? *sighs...shakes head*

*A Doremouse that can cook.......hmmmmm*

Dinner at yours....? We can discuss technique, trainers and your Chelmsford Duathlon.  I was at THAT event. What race number were you??  

The net is closing in mwahahahahah image

• Options

Weeny you scared me.lolimage. Thanks for the encouragment,how you doing today?

Doremouse,hope you get some shoos that suit you soon,love mine at the mo spose that will change when I lose more weight.

Hi Katy Mc,well done on your run.

• Options

Gait analysis ? Sounds good I may try that myselfimage.

Doremouse! Doremouse! Doremouse!....... What can I say..??? *sighs...shakes head*

*A Doremouse that can cook.......hmmmmm*

Dinner at yours....? We can discuss technique, trainers and your Chelmsford Duathlon.  I was at THAT event. What race number were you??  

The net is closing in mwahahahahah image

Weeny p I was No 77? Thats all Im saying until I get a recomendation that I should trust you with my home address..................Weeny p you seem very close image

imageThinks 4 a sec?!? Im moving soon I may risk it!image ?

• Options

Hi Ecky...I'm OK thanks.  Been Doing it myself today .......actually..been doing it myself for the last 20 odd years...so no change there image.   Been decorating odd bits in my house.  Putting on market next week - so bits of tidying up of tatty areas - you know the kinda thing - but it's so hard to be motivated because I just want to get it sold and move on. 

I get my shoes properly assessed every time i get new pair.  Weight changes...other changes....

• Options

NO 77......*heads off to go through photos......I was there with camera that day mwahahahahahahah*

SAFE??? With ME???? GOD NO!!!!! Be afraid Doremouse....be very afriad image

• Options

Yeh Weeny,I know it seems poitnless when you not going to enjoy the fruits of your labour,hope you manage to get a quick sale.Glad you ok today,whatever it is there are always good times ahead,honest.x

Lol Doremouse and Weeny,the banter makes me laff.

• Options

Thanks Ecky.....X

Hey Me and Doremouse could be the new Morcombe and Wise.....image

• Options

I just bought a house weren't yours was it????????Big angry bloke answered the door!

I only said 77 as I remember thinking what a good looking man he was.

• Options
    Lol,OMG I used to watch them as a kid,was telling my daughter this as they were on something on telly,she looked so shocked that things like that used to be entertainment,made me feel proper old.lol
  • Options
    Yeah...and they went to bed together....... and that was OK then image
  • Options
    hey Weeny if I run it past the Big Angry Bloke 1st Would he mind if we went to bed together strictly in Comedy of courseimage
  • Options

OMG!!! Doremouse....you haven't got one of those comedy shaped "appendages" have you....like the "rude fruit" they use to parade on Esther Rantzen's "That's Life" Show image  image

• Options
    When you coming to dinnerimage
  • Options

Lol yeh in stripey PJS. Lol yet another blast from the past Esther Rantzen and thats Life

• Options
    Its Cold outside! You heroes be care full the pavements will be slippery. Head for the forest and run with the Grufalo.

Ecky U got any of those striped PJs? lol.
  • Options
    Lol Doremouse,nah mine are big fluffy flowery ones. Are you running in the forest with the Grufalo today?
  • Options
    Sadly not I'm a working Doremouse and I sleep in the buff.

Hey Weeny wants your preference?
  • Options
    Work is pants,I spose Im lucky to just do a couple of hours a day,plenty time in the forest, Lol Doremouse,dont you get cold.
  • Options

Wow lots to read....image

So DM you sleep in the buff.... Don't your bits get cold??image

Just back from dentis so thought i'd pop in..image Got a good 10mile in ydad, No pain NO falls juat good out and back on canalimage

Well done if you got out i'll read back later..

• Options
    Morning Mo,hope your run goes well,I love running on the canal,lovely and flat.
  • Options

Hi Ecky... I did the 10mile yesterday lol and yes there fine thanks... I like the canal but it's the dogs..image I'm really frightend of them so it spoils my runs,  Thats why I tend to do most of my runs on the roadsimage

I'm keeping fingers crossed that i'm getting back to painless running lol just the normal aches and pains you get!!

How are you??

• Options
    Lol sos I cant read, well done. I must admit I had lots of  dodging to do yesterday with Dogs and people,I dont mind dogs tho but I know my son is scared stiff and he has troubl walking past them,he would rather walk in the path of a car than past a dog. Im good ta and like you just keeping it all crossed that Im getting back to painless running,my legs ache today but thats normal,I dont think my legs have ached like this for so long, because of my ankle I have only been running short distances at a time.
  • Options

Me and your son are alike!!!

It's so hard to get it back after time off don't you think ?my mind says I can do it but my body cant lolimage Being fat and old doesn't help either lol ...

Hope the ankle holds up ok..image it's good to get out even for a short run you feel betterimage

When is your story going to be out??