Options

Outlaw Volunteers

Comments

• Options
    I think Hairys supporters report should go on the PSOF site !
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    lol - indeed! And I was wondering where to put my one, single, noteventherebutIlookatthepixchers bit of feedback for the organisers:
    "Competitors need to have name in large letters on their number!"

But the Hairy One beat me to it.

Oh, and he's just reminded me of his completely knackered but strangely attractive voice the morning after IMCH last year. image
  • Options
    M...eldy wrote (see)
    Orsum, many thanks again to RC for sorting the signs

they will see us through a few years I reckon !!

image Hey no worries on the signs. Glad they did the job and only to glad to help. If you need anything else for other events give me a shout, we can do banners as well image

Let me know what you want Ditchy and I'll sort your signs for mates rates or cakesimage. Bit like Swap shop I'll swap you a sign for some Bananananana cake image.

Whilst me and Slim were in Southwell heard a few cyclists talking about the signs, looks like you made a real impact with the feed station.

Good JAWB image

• Options
    Now we have blank ones as well ... that and a years supply of dry wipe markers and we are sorted  image
  • Options
    By the way, one cyclist who got off his bike to visit the loo asked me whether he really had to pay for the energy drinks image
  • Options
    M...eldy wrote (see)

i volunteered to help JD, but have done nothing for the last 2 months.

Its really  hard to get around to sorting that out. 

if anyone has content, then write it up and mail it to JD and he will oblidge!!

• Options

ah yeah, i did get OC and many others offers of help and i never took anyone up on it in the end!

still, my project is done now so i can work on the site alot.  i've put up a few of the outlaw reports and teh photos of the signs too.

• Options
    Great report HH!!! Oh and...

"Giving DTB my apple
    Giving DTB my crisps
    Giving DTB half of my muffin
    Managing to not eat my jelly babies until 8pm
    DTB taking some of my jelly babies"

Ditchy kindly shared most of these things with me! image

I know what you mean about the names on numbers BUT it was great to have to find something about each competitor to shout at them other than their name. Some examples:
    Mr Vitruvian
    Day-glo man
    Pink top lady
    Robot man
    Fetchie man
    Walking man etc etc

I think we recognised sooooo many people in our little spot near the score board and we remembered so many people! The man who couldn't aim very well was very funny!!
  • Options
    Aitch! wrote (see)
     The man who couldn't aim very well was very funny!!
    Probably couldn't piss straight in the swim either .... image
  • Options

Lol, my favourite moment was insisting the man who had just kissed his mum and his girlfriend kissed me too cos I was next in line (well, it's only fair!), which he did and then ran off. Conversation went:

Mum: He's my son!

Girlfriend: He's my boyriend!

HH: She's my girlfriend! What are you doing later?

*sigh* IM supporting - a swingers club in disguise..... image

• Options
    Trust the hirsute one to lower the tone ...
  • Options
    Ha ha that was a comedy moment Ditchy!
  • Options
    "*sigh* IM supporting - a swingers club in disguise....."

and don't forget the hug and kiss that HH gave me just before I headed for the finish - he was jealous of the one that I gave Ditchy......

he could have fecking shaved though.... image
  • Options
    DTB, Ultra Cake Pim.p wrote (see)

Lol, my favourite moment was insisting the man who had just kissed his mum and his girlfriend kissed me too cos I was next in line (well, it's only fair!), which he did and then ran off. Conversation went:

Mum: He's my son!

Girlfriend: He's my boyriend!

HH: She's my girlfriend! What are you doing later?

*sigh* IM supporting - a swingers club in disguise..... image

Was HH talking to his girlfriend, his mother, or both?
  • Options

Tsk, who knows, he's such a trollop imageimage

• Options

Says the lady who picks up men whilst running marathons image

FB - I was completing the set - I got both you and Petal image

• Options
    My fave moment was getting back to the tent after the finish and looking under several cars to try and identify whose had a petrol leak. I then realised carl had probably tipped his BBQ petrol out.....
  • Options

He was probably smoking while he was tipping it out too...

M...eldy wrote (see)
    Fine by me image
  • Options
    My fav moment was waking up in Gump's tent (a contender for the crown of biggest tent, surely?) and nit knowing where the feck I was and where was my stuff...? Turns out I had rolled out of my compartment into the next one!
  • Options
    PMSL Minerva image  I can picture it now...
  • Options
    PodroPodro ✭✭✭
    Unbelievable support from the pirates over the whole event. Hooters feed station does not compare. I apologise unreservedly for any posts that suggested that a Hooters feed station might be in any way comparable to a pirate feed station.  Thanks to everyone who supported and especially those at the feed station and marshaling on the course.
  • Options
    Hello my PSOF friends image

Not been on these shores for some time and felt the need to pop over from TRITALK image to give my sincere thanks for your support at the Outlaw on Sunday.

I never bagged any of your High 5 Booty (in case you tried to nobble me being from the "Other side"!!). I enjoyed your comments of support / taking the mick and it made me look forward to loops 2 & 3. I am not sure if you had a different crew on my loop 2 but I did get loads of stick - luckily my grimace turned to a smile as the last pirate was very good looking so I passed the comment of at least your pretty image

Oh -- and yes I did get the jokes on the first time of seeing them image

Onto the run and the group of you on the grass near the car park - thank you. I reached some dodgy times on that run and most of you gave me some excellent support.

Finally, on my last leg in having got my 3rd band, I was met by 3 pirates on the track going back towards the lake who all high fived me and asked me to give an aaarrrrgggghhh which I did to the best of my ability 11.5 hours in!

Thanks for making the day as good as it was and look forward to seeing you all again in the future (especially the pretty pirate please!)

laters
  • Options
    She only looked pretty after 11 hours or so, its the equivalent of 10 pints  image
  • Options
    LOL @ Meldy.

One thing I learnt at this event? I'm quite thick, really....!
  • Options
    M...eldy wrote (see)
    She only looked pretty after 11 hours or so, its the equivalent of 10 pints  image
    bullying troll image

id2 - you can come and visit again! image
  • Options
    ID - no problem! You made DTB's day too with that comment!
  • Options
    Very very VERY belatedly (I've only just got back on the forum) I'd like to say a huge thanks to all the piratey supporters who were out on the day - it really made a difference to me even if people did keep telling me to "run" when I couldl hardly put one foot in front of the other image
  • Options
    There was a lot of very good feedback for last years Outlaw, anyone wishing to do so may want to vote for Outlaw 2010 in the 220 awards which close today!
  • Options
    Just had an email from Adam Moffat (Race Director).  A big thank you to all those who helped out at the feedstation and who came along to support.

We're planning to help out on the same basis this year image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Everyone On February 12th at Sandown Park Racecourse, Surrey the Oscars took place....well the Triathlon Oscars anyway. 

For those of you who are not aware 220 magazine is the leading publication in the triathlon industry, and every year they host an awards dinner where everything great and good about triathlon is celebrated, this ranges from best wetsuit to outstanding contribution to triathlon. 

I am really pleased to let you all know that the Outlaw Triathlon was awarded 2010 Event of the Year!!!  

The awards are voted for by the general public so it is a great honour to pick up the award and is testament to all the hard work which you guys put into making sure that every single participant and spectator had a 1st class experience. 

The event beat off competition from some really well established events including the Nokia Windsor triathlon, one of the longest running triathlon events and the event which picked up the award in 2008 & 2009 The Vitruvian. 

Thank you for being part of our team and I hope you enjoyed the event as much as those competing clearly did. Lets hope 2011 is equally as successful, and ill be in touch to see if you want to be part of it again, I hope you do!!! Finally those of you who coordinated a group from your club, please pass on our thanks to every member who assisted last year. 

Thanks again from everyone at One Step Beyond. 

Regards     

Adam Moffat: Director One Step Beyond Promotions