Moraghan Training - Stevie G

Comments

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Chris!!! 'Only' 50 miles a week? Lazy fecker.

• Ha. Ok. maybe more like 40 at the moment. It seems lazy post 70 mile marathon weeks. But boy am I enjoying being lazy! P.S How are you getting on post London Lit?

• Stevie seeStevie see ✭✭✭

Chris, I wouldn't worry too much. From where I'm sitting your PB's are generally in line with each other. Maybe your HM is a 1/2 mins fat but the rest are fine and dandy. Just keep plugging away.

Watford Open tonight! Lots of driving... best be worth it.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

welcome Chris, will re-read that when i'm not at work...so for now...welcome!

Stevie, what time you planning on arriving there?

• Sunday was odd, popped out to get some ink and inner tubes, Staples was closed until 10:30 so got the tubes from Halfords and had to wait and the half was going by the end of the road so had a watch. Cooray flew by, looked far too easy to win by 7 minutes, then shouted at bus who, as he says, looked out of it totally.

Nicer photo of Johnas. I won't expose the world to the pacers kit.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-v84ZKWfnVJc/Ue-7iqAx87I/AAAAAAAAAOk/XvzlpC5oe_o/s960/1005194_10151782367200070_644656390_n.jpg

Hot out here and very humid, rained yesterday during my run and it made no difference at all as  Iwas soaked form the sweat already, even at 6am. 5k tonight, need to see how it works out in these conditions.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Don't forget to take a 'two Stevies finally meet' picture for the thread.

Chris - I'm doing okay, thanks, but have developed slightly worrying arse pain.

Phil - I think the world needs to see the pacers' kit.

• Hope its not the dreaded Sciatica Lit. I had it for months but it seems to have settled down. An elbow in your arse cheek and a golf ball will become your best friends if it is! Oh and lots of piriformis stretches!

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Welcome Chris. I would agree with Stevie See, that its only your half PB that seems out of step with the rest (though I'm guessing you want that 10k to dip below 36!)

Do you know any good prirformis stretches? I'm suffering with PS at the mo, and the physio has told me the one where you lie on your back and cross you leg, and a simialr one but sitting on the edge of the seat. Neither seem hugely effective!

Good luck at Waford tonight Stevies image

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Bus, do you mean the one where you cross one ankle over your knee and then pull back on the other thigh with your hands? If so, you can progress that to stretch your hamstring by straightening up the leg you are holding and flexing the foot (make sure your leg is dropped down into hip socket). After you've done that one, this is good for getting a bit deeper/further up. This one using a table is more effective than sitting on a chair.

• I found those good as well Lit. But the pidgeon stretch was the most helpful. Get used to being in this position as often as you can stomach! The good news is that it will get better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVlX5HNKamw

• Stevie seeStevie see ✭✭✭

SG, I'm setting off at 4ish. Will take about 3 hours I reckon. Not really liking this heat for driving though!

• Pacers kit, faces removed to protect the innocent

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-TNGQXHHIHyc/Ue_gvMOY_zI/AAAAAAAAAPA/R0GGilVTy5M/s960/557655_10151782366510070_1315332270_n.jpg

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Crikey. Who's the one in the middle?

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Hope you're having a day off tommorow Ss. Those Watford Open graded meetings run late. So late that I would have a sleep in the car before returning home.

Tim, I'm in a position work wise to drift off to whatever job might be on no earlier than 9:15am. I can also fall asleep at any time (and do) so by 4:00am I've had a full quota.

🙂

• JohnasJohnas ✭✭✭
    literatin wrote (see)

that'd be our very own SG of course!

/members/images/496080/Gallery/sgthread_0.jpg

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Johnas, you would pick the worst photo ever.

Having said that,we can't all be as handsome as you in youe guest appearances on TOWIE.

/members/images/104999/Gallery/dan-osborne-towie.jpg

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

ps Stevie S, Ric is right, the other 3k I did at Watford started at about 9.20

Checking last time's meet, they started past 10pm!

hence i'm taking a half day tomorrow, as didn't get much change out of 1am before i could get properly to sleep!

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

Morning off?? 1 am isn't much after my normal bedtime.  Although I am trying to improve on that count...

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Dachs, that's what us untalented types have to do.

I have visions of some of you on here knocking back a few beers at 2am the night before a race with no problemo.

4miler at lunch. If I said my pelvis felt so loose and gorgeous and that this race will be a dream....

i'd be lying.

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

Yes, that's what I'd like you to think I'm doing.  What I'm actually doing is lying around watching old episodes of Mock the Week on Dave.

• literatin wrote (see)

Lack of hairy legs should be a clue as to the sex.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Imagine if SG really did turn out to be a fit woman in real life.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

We're alright for  a thread "moll" in you Litsy.

Race is scheduled for 9.15, but guaranteed not to start then. The one I did in May was scheduled for 9, and started at 9.15.

I thought that was a fair delay, but checking all  the 3ks after that, it seems 9.45 has been the earliest since.

• Thought I'd drop in, its been a while, but then its been a while since I did any decent training or racing to mention. I've been keeping up and have seen lots of good racing and placings on the thread - good work all!

No speed work done since May due to niggles but I've been racing myself fit on the track - just not been happy with the results. Then last Weds I did a 3000 and had my first good race in months to get a 9.14 pb, followed up by a mile in Oxford on Saturday in 4.35 (Just outside Dean on both counts... image).

So given this little bit of form, I decided to hit the track for training last night. 4 x 300m with 100m walk recovery - 4 mins rest and then repeat. Came out at 46, 46, 46, 45 - 46, 46, 46, 47 - and I was smashed. Honestly thought I might collapse on the last rep and spent the next 20 mins walking round the track trying not to be sick. Now that its done I'm very pleased, not so at the time! Given that thats 2400m at my current 800m pace, job done.

Stevies - My 800m there two weeks ago was race 27 of 30 and started after 10 image. Enjoy....

Ric - I've been listening to you about the fluids even if no one else has. I never usually bother to take a drink with me but since the warm weather kicked in I've started taking a bottle and making sure I actually drink it. I've also slowed the pace of my easy runs. I keep reminding myself that I should be aiming for little to no damage at the end of the run - thats the point of easy!

PMJ - Where do you find your US races? I've tried RunnersWorld.com and Running In The USA but can't find one suitable for when I'm there (3 weeks around Washington from 2nd Aug).

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Sharp stuff son sharp. Certainly you're one to label as "Talented youngster", rather than "goon who just runs a lot and has a good coach" like me.

Good to hear you're back in the mixer, even with the lack of quality stuff.

I'll know SS, and 3 from a local club, so hopefully we all get in the same race, and it'll be quite a face off.

One that if I come out appallingly in, i'll cite my tight pelvis as an excuse image

Gonna hedge my bets and eat between 6.15-6.30, to cover all bases from the scheduled 9.15 through to late. Don't want to be starting a race at 10.23 having eaten at 5.30!

Then I should probably get over there, bearing in mind SS is arriving sometime after 7...

• I've been changing it up recently and aiming to go into races just a bit hungry (food wise not mentally!), its taken out the variables of finding that sandwich hasnt quite gone down yet

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

That's the feeling that I always go for. Slightly hungry, but you know you're not going to have problems....and the hunger soon wears off.

When I was still on the skimmed milk, i'd start a session feeling hungry after no food for hours before and still have problems. Those were annoying days.

• Good luck to Stevie at Watford. 

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Tim Natrajan wrote (see)

Good luck to Stevie at Watford. 

which one?