Options

Experian Robin Hood Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Gambatt3Gambatt3 ✭✭✭

For me a great change, running in rain as opposed to the heat. Although by about 7 I was using the drink stations to wash the salt out of my eyes, which the rain was washing in!

Just seen the results and I was 6 seconds off getting a 10 mile PB image

• Options
    Good effort. I was 2 mins off my best but thought that was ok given the course. Did 1 of the downhill miles in 6.30!
  • Options
    I'm doing this too. Did it last year and really enjoyed it. Aiming for a PB, but not sure if it'll happen, though training has gone well. Just tapering now.
  • Options

image ((((anouther hill))))

Mick if phil is getting heavy it might mean I actually finesh before you for once. image

The course has a few hills in it for the first 12 miles none of them are scary but can affect your pace as it's up and down. It's a good race to do. I try and make this one every year because local and good fun.image

• Options

Woo-Hoo! The race pack arrived!!

So I can do this...

Jules_Perox - Blue 10941

There!

I feel important now!

Good 8.5 this morning, fast as well, confidence building after really slogging through the LSR at the weekend.

I need all fingers crossed for me tomorrow morning at 9:35 please? Hospital appointment to rid mesel of the BBC...which should really be called the 'SBBC' now. ('STINKING Big Blue Cast!!) I am gonna be mightily pi%$ed if they leave it on!!

• Options
    Gambatt3Gambatt3 ✭✭✭

Good luck. I can’t keep those things on. Last one I had on gave no real support to the injury in my hand (metacarpal/tarsal?) and went all the way up to my elbow. Ended up taking it off and rigging my own up with a shaped piece of stainless steel and an elasticated boxing hand wrap.

• Options

Green 11364, counting down the days now.

Good luck tomorrow Jules, hoping they remember you're arm's still inside it while they cut it off image

• Options

got ours today

not excited though, just another run on another day  image

• Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
    Yes, but it's not every run that you get to meet me, Mickimage
  • Options
    Hoping mine arrives today. Clocked 170 miles last month including 3 runs of 19 miles + and 2 races of 10 miles. Hope it`s all worth it. At the moment, I`m stressing about how hot it could be and I`ve only just realised that it`ll be 2-ish when I finish!
  • Options

I was thinking of phoning our lass to see if mines arrived. Only thing is, after weeks of getting nearly no mail I’m now waiting for packets from the Marathon, Wiggle and tablets for the dog from 2 different online pharmacies.

It’s likely she’s say “yes” and I’d get home to find I was OK to start worming the hound instead!image

Spire 10 ET – Take it your fast mile was that bit after Brampton? I’d agree, it’s fast. I checked back on the Garmin, don’t know how fast I did any particular mile, but at one of the data points there I was sub 6 minute milingimage

Anyway, last nights training. Out with the club. 4+ miles, steady, multiterrain.

Before running my calves again felt tight as did my right Achilles. They slackened off, 5 mins into the run and I made sure to get some decent stretches in post run. Calves are still a bit tight this a.m. but nothing like yesterday.

Tapering, has a lovely sound, doesn’t it?image I’m now looking forward to carb loading at the end of next week – any tips?

• Options
    No pack for me yet - hopefully it'll turn up later.

Hey Mick, you keeping well? Coming to Wolves on Sunday?
  • Options
    Hi folks, thought it was about time I said hello, got my race pace yesterday boy this has come around very quickly.
  • Options
    Yay! Got my pack yesterday too! image
  • Options

image Even Carrot tops playing now looks like going to be all the marfun nutter regulars for the first time in ages. image

• Options

Posts been, nowt for me..image

Seeing as you pay for the shirt separate, anyone know if that comes with the race pack or if you pick it up after?

• Options

Normally comes with the pack. Might be the other packs are still in the system.

Any word from Jules? Everything including eye's crossed. image

• Options
    Gary, says T shirt is in your race pack if you ordered one. I think I did, so perhaps thats why we havent had our race packs yet.
  • Options

Hiya HT,

Just trying to remember what size I ordered as well.....

• Options

hurrah my pack is at home too. think ill be in the pink pen as ill be over 5hours. anyone else in pink?

(good luck jules - blue must be your colour!)

• Options
    Maelca - I should really be pink! I originally hoped to do it in about 4.15/4.30, but have slowed down a lot for various reasons! It says on the website that you musn't change pens (even if you feel you won't be doing that time anymore)....it says to just go to the very back of the pen you're assigned to. So...I'll be right at the back of green...so I guess that's next to pink!?  image
  • Options

I started my own forum entitled Nottingham Marathon and only had one reply !  That's because you are all on the 'Experience Robin Hood Marathon' forum.   My worry is that seing the half marathoners finish will be a bit upsetting but my nice replyer said it spurred him on last year.  Also can't believe half of you are the same guys as on the Sheffield Social forum.  I must pass you lot sometimes running around Sheffield, Damflask etc. or you will pass me more like. I can't wait for next weeks runs - I am following Runners World Training Schedule - with a couple of 2 mile runs - hardly seems worth getting changed for.   My 20 mile runs have gone ok (with a little walk here and there) but not sure I feel ready for the marathon.

• Options
    Bev, I'm doing the WOlves marathon on Sunday and that splits at 12.9 miles so hoping to get some practise in this weekend LOL
  • Options

Yay my race pack made its way across the water today - Blue Number 11088.

Not doing too much this week, steady 6miles Monday, rest yesterday & today then 8miles at club tomorrow night with a short tempo bit in the middle.  Saturday is about 12miles with an easy 4 miles on Sunday. 

I've now started studying the long range forecast for Nottingham - not giving anything too drastic at the minute, but then when is the forecast every right!!

Hope we can all meet up for a few mins before the race - we could arrange a meeting point like the Lucozade station or something.

the excitement is building!!

• Options

No race pack for me yet! Booo!!

Bev - come and say `hello` on the SheffSoc thread. As it happens, we`re meeting in a pub tonight  - Dev Cat in town if you`re interested!

HB - Yep, might be a plan. I`m still thinking on my race plan tbh - whether to go for sub-4 or not. Everyone has told me that, as it`s my first, to just run it. I guess I get to 13 miles and see what`s occuring! I`m planning a 4 and a 10 for the weekend plus maybe a 5 or 6 tomorrow.

• Options
    BeverleyT wrote (see)

Also can't believe half of you are the same guys as on the Sheffield Social forum.  I must pass you lot sometimes running around Sheffield, Damflask etc.

image  There are tons of us about these parts, Sheffield being the biggest village in the country you probably already know a few of us. image
  • Options

Oh and dev cat 8pm. image

• Options
    No pack for me yet either, boooo!
  • Options
    Alison - i got an orange number image that is the under 5 hours group but i am going to be more like 5.30 so i will be heading to the back of orange pen! i suppose it gives me a few more minutes to not be caught up by the sweep vehicle as i guess it goes on gun time not chip time. - i wish i could run fast!!
  • Options
    No pack again today image