Options

Experian Robin Hood Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Still haven't got my race pack. Have emailed but no reply. Getting worried now!
  • Options
    KMJ - I email Tim from Sweatshop events about my missing pack last week. He said to leave it till Wednesday, and then let them know. Cant find the email or I'd give you his contact number.
  • Options
    Thanks Hot Tub! I will phone tomorrow if it isn't waiting for me at home when I get in.
  • Options
    Steve Ho wrote (see)

hi there Cake!!!

i've just signed up at the last moment, are you do this marathon?

Yes but not expecting to do well. Not done enough long runs. Still unsure where will finesh. possibly sub 5 anything under sub 4.30 a bonus. Done to much tri stuff this year to run a good one.
    Kirstie Brooks wrote (see)

oh my god feel sick with nerves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first marathon in case you not guessed!

Brooks DON'T PANIC. we have all been there.

Micker (hug) Hope you can play but understand if can't. image

• Options

cake - nice to hear back from you, i'm sure you'll do well this sunday.. did fleetwood marathon over a week ago only manage 3:48 with the bad weather, but was surprise to come 54 out of 206 finishers, guess everyone was having a bad day...image 

hoping to treat this one as a training run for abingdon plus having the great north run the following weekend i can't go all out...

hopefully i get to chat to you on sunday regarding to Regensburg IM travel and hotel booking arrangements.

• Options
    image Outlaws re-union? Steve a few pirate you have meet already from the bike feed station should be supporting near the finesh line and you've got my number if needed.
  • Options
    cool i'll give you call if permitting...
  • Options

Just did an easy 5 today but it felt harder than it should have - the joys of the final week!!  Only one more run to go - 4miles on Thursday & thats it!!

Can't believe that in 5 days time it will all be over! 

• Options
    image Steve call anyway. Just not today, I've lost my voice, working at the weekend singing folk songs and generally doing cake stuff. image
  • Options
    I ran the same marathon last year 3h31.. Was training for a 3h15 since may and have now been 4 weeks without running due to a fastidious glut injury. Tried 5 mile yestareday and felt slight tenderness. I will make an 11th hour decision but my inclination is to run the Marathon with philosophy i.e. look at a sub 15hr finish time
  • Options
    scared feeling sick dont want to run again ever?! is this normal?!
  • Options

Maelca, I'm also scared! My main worry is that the sweep vehicle is going to be hot on my heels! image

I'm doing this for charity, so I just keep thinking about that and it keeps me focused...but I am still scared!

• Options
    maelca wrote (see)

image Yes, nerves are normal what your going to do at the weekend isn't something that's always easy but it is worth it. One of the best high's you can have with your clothes on without someone calling the police. Just to warn you it can be highly addictive.

Any runner even one whose done a few who deosn't get neaves ever lying or has reached a state of mind caused by ever meditation or a clear goal. So DON'T PANIC! Just enjoy the experiance. image

• Options

thanks both - i cant imagine the feeling at the finish. it must be amazing when you realise what youve just done. im also quite concerned about the sweep bus - we can just carry on together i dont suppose they can force you onto it?!

• Options

image They can't force you on to it anyway. Can just offer a lift. Know people who have had problems and just carried on even after everybody else has gone home. Time is irrelevant achievement is permeate! Just be all you can be and the rest will work.

Oh and remember to image

• Options

imageimage thats one thing i can do!

• Options
    Not always after 24 miles image
  • Options
    image Ssshhhh! scared newbie and all that. image
  • Options
    Sounds daft but is there any hotel likely to have a room on Sat night? I didn't think I was going to make this, so didn't book a room image
  • Options

imageimage me too!

Maelca...my husband keeps laughing at the prospect of the sweep vans at my heels...he says I should use it as an incentive to run faster!" Ha Ha!  I plan to cross that finish line even if I have to crawl over it!

• Options
    Vixx76 wrote (see)
    Sounds daft but is there any hotel likely to have a room on Sat night? I didn't think I was going to make this, so didn't book a room image
    Should be rooms still just probably not near the start line. If you get stuck message me and might be able to help. I have a few favours in the city.
  • Options
    I will give it a try and will let you know Cake.

Thank you very much image
  • Options
    Cake wrote (see)
    maelca wrote (see)

image Yes, nerves are normal what your going to do at the weekend isn't something that's always easy

or you could have stopped at...

Yes, nerves are normal - what your going to do at the weekend isn't 

• Options
    imageimage Sorry I didn’t want to fib, but it will be as Micker always says easy, easy, easy!image
  • Options

My first time, so up to last night I was nervous. Race predictors say 4hours but I’m thinking “does my leg feel ok?”, “what do I do if I fall off pace?” etc etc.

Last night I thought, “Sod it”

It’s my 1st time, the clock doesn’t matter. It’s not like I have some previous time to beat or I’m looking for a qualifying time for another event. I’m going to get round and enjoy it. I’m even contemplating leaving the watch at home, never mind the garmin.

• Options
    I thought you'd done more Garry!! You'll be fine!

Its number 20 for me, and 2nd of 6 in 3 weeks so I'm a bit worried how I'm going to cope.

Anyone know what the breakdown of runners in half / full is? Sweatshop say there are 12000 runners.
  • Options
    Hot Tub Alci wrote (see)
    I thought you'd done more Garry!! Y

Nah, relative newby to all this, running about 18 months. Starting to wonder where to go with it after Robin Hood.

Reckon I’ll drop back a bit and try to get some speed increase. Maybe look at a sprint tri for next year ? (If I can improve my swimming)

3 definites though are TR24, Belvoir Challenge and Januarys Brass Monkey at York

• Options
    Done 2 of those Garry, the BM used to be a good laugh with loads of forumites attending.
  • Options

image This is number 32 for me I'm very old. Guys and girls you will all be fine! Trust me just look at this face would I lie to you? *flutter's eyelids* image

If you want a sprint tri there are a few good ones all depends where and when you want to do it and stuff. Best one I've done so far that's newbie friendly is the Nankwich ones one in may called cheshire sprint tri and anouther in sept just called nantwich tri. Haversage do a good one but a harder course and a good tri in leeds as well. Can bore you to death about it on sunday if you want and then con you into a ironman? image

Normally 200 to 400 marafun runner's and the rest half runner's.

• Options
    Good luck to all your marafun runners on Sunday.  Just thought i'd pop in to wish you all the best - I'm not scared BTW as I'm only doing the half.  I do remember what is was like before my first marathon though.......... image.  Just trust in your training, carry some jelly babies and don't panic.  See you on Sunday...... you'll probably all lap me! image