Options

Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Options

morning all

PSC - well done, can't imagine doing that kind of distance!

well, big fail for me this morning, last night, I just though I can't be bothered to set the bike in the turbo (doesn't really take long, I just shouldn't have left it till I had fallen asleep on the sofa) so I didn't get up. Well, running club tonight anyway

5:30 is far too late for me - all my soc runs start at 4 something - I have to be back by 6 to get ready for work.

• Options

Psc , now that is impressive a 52 mile ultra with cottage pie for lunch. I am currently reading scott Jureks eat and run which has a recipe at the end of each chapter as he is a veggie I doubt i'll find one for cottage pie.image might ask my mother to do me a roast for my country to capitolimage. Either way I  think you should submit an article to runners world on the sports nutritional benefits of cottage pie . Excellent i take it you were not to bothered about your time or was this all part of your pacing plans ,cunning.imageSorry but sod the jelly babies every check point of evey race I now enter I shall demand a good meat pie . Only a pity you didn't get the spot prize earlier  to go with your lunch.

• Options

Morning all, busy today even with Birky being on holiday.  No SOC for me today, just over 5 miles slow on a treadmill last night to ease the legs out from Sunday, surprising how even just knocking 30 seconds or so off a mile can make your quads ache.

Good racing Tommy, do you work in France a lot, or all the time?

PSC that is a great event to have finished, mileages most people would check the oil in their car to go.

5.30 I apologise if I have mentioned a start time anything like half past five, I will get up earlier from this point onimage

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all, for some reason i've not been getting the updates for this page image I've been a bit ill so have been resting as much as possible but will hopefully head out at NOC for a little trot around.

Well done to everyone racing/running in this weather!

• Options
    Valis, can you get your mum to cook Scott's burritos for me for the C2C please?
  • Options

Kate the mere thought of spice would set off mother V's heart burnimage so I'am sorry the burritos are off the menu.

• Options

No SOC today as have so much on at the moment. Managed to pop out at lunchtime today for a 4 mile run. Really not keen on lunch runs as I seem to spend most of my time trying to pick a path round the pedestrians/tourists.

Hope to get back out tomorrow morning for an SOC.

• Options

Good morning allimage

8 miles this morning caught in a couple of passing showers but warm otherwise

Nw 1 cat that I found trying to distribute the contents of one of my bin bags across the biggest area possible when I returned home.

Birky, If your lurking hope your holiday is going well.

happy hump day everyone

• Options

Morning Team ..

Out early today to work as doing the inlaws a favour.  Then up to London this afternoon - it's all go in the fast lane!  Another day of resting... I think I've earned it.  It does make me think though... my weekly mileage for the last 7 days is only about 70 odd.. and there are people who do far more than that!  How the heck do they do that?  (and why)?

Emmy, if you are ill don't be in a rush to get out running.  It will slow your recovery.  Go for a walk instead... something to stir up your lymph system without stressing the body.

Wet here... image

Never mind - big smile for the world image

• Options

morning

stayed dry for my run - 7.6 miles. Hard rain now so glad I missed it.

NW - I cat rolling in the road

DW - fox and hedgehog

• Options

Day off work today so had a lay in and didn't get out till 7.30am.  NW was just dogs, with their owners, the real wild stuff had gone back into the woods.

PSC 70 miles is serious weekly mileage, but it is amazing when you hear runners on here that run 100+ and still hold down big jobs.

Haircut and opticians sorted this morning.

• Options

Morningimage

Nice holiday thanks, came back witha  pile of running mags thanks to my Bro in Law. I even was handed a Triathlon Magimage funny as I swim like a brickimage

Slept in yesterday then MissB on computer and I watched footie.

On my way driving back I overtook...a Kingsmill Lorryimage

NW: Ovett (the SOC owl) I swear gave me a dirty look as I ran past him this morning and looked at an imaginary stopwatch and tutted (hooted)

• Options

Jake: Welcome

Younger son uses Stupid O Clock as an early morning term. image We left last Friday at 5:05 am ish to catch 10:15 am Ullapool Ferry.and he said 'So you're leaving at Stupid O Clock !. I was quite pleased,

• Options

Good morning allimage

9 miles this morning raining for most of it

Nw, a few snails and a robin in the back garden as I warmed down.

Morning Birky glad you had a nice time.

• Options

maths:I never realised you ran so early for your SOC runs. Every days is alearning day on hereimage

My final day as a Civil Servant after 24.5 years in MoD tomorrow.image I'm hoping to hear today or tomorrow about whether I'm getting a  6mth extension in my current job. I get my redundancy pay off anyway.

• Options

Morning all - 6.5 miles, 4 x OR and a Hovis van for birky, welcome back! Silly busy day again today so hopefully will catch up with you all later.

• Options

morning all

good to have you back birky. Enjoy your last day at work.

birky - if I ran quicker I wouldn't have to get up so early - you would have thought that would spur me on to speed up a bit but it doesn't seem to work that way!

sweaty turbo session this morning

• Options

valis: Belated morning, as I never realised you'd posted earlier.

Kate: Thanks for Hovis Vanimage

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Hi all, I've not managed a SOC all week. I'd like to blame being I'll but I think it's also sheer laziness! Went out to test my legs tonight. 5 miler in the dark... NW included 2 Neanderthals... I'd say men but they didnt act like themimage

@mathschick - I have the same aim. Im secretly hoping that I'll wake up one morning and run a 1hr30 half marathon and sub 3 marathon... It'd shorten down my training runs!
  • Options

Emmy - I am getting slightly quicker - but it is taking a long time. good job I am patientimage

• Options

maths: Thats the beauty of running at SOC, nobody really notice show fast or otherwise you run.

• Options

Morning

4 easy miles done. Dry, no wind.

NW: 1 owl, 1fox, 1 cat, 4 BMWs as  ran past 'BMW Corner' again. 1 Kingsmill Van 1 German Tourist Coach. PW:  1 car

Possibly will get news of a 6 month extension today, but my redundancy is not affected. I'll still be doing my own job !

• Options

another 4 very very easy miles done here... not alot of go in my legs, but this is recovery phase so no problem there...  first run since the weekend.  Large blister has gone and everything seems to be as it should be.

Good to see you back Birky - sounds like you are rather pleased with how things have worked out at work... sounds pretty good to me I must admit.

Morning team image

• Options

Good morning allimage

Rest day todayimage

Birky, Extension and redundancy sounds pretty good best of luck for that.

Psc. Glad to hear your rest and recovery going well what have you got lined up next.

hi and waves to everyone else.

• Options

morning

no run for me because I have a rotten coldimage. I was planning 18 miles for Sunday too, might have to bin that....

• Options

Morning all.  Welcome back Birky and the last day at work sounds strange, they gave you another 6 monthsimage and are still making you redundant, only in the Civil Service could I suggest!

Out at 5.20am this morning, resisted the urge to lay in another 10 minutes knowing there are times of the day to avoid.  Very close encounter with a muntjac deer this morning, could see the eyes shining back at me for some distance, it never moved as I went past it, could have touched it, just seemed transfixed by the headtorch beam.

Oh and runner no 1317 in VLM 2013. I am still on the 5 and in rule so knew it would be a place this time or next.  Better start training.

• Options

Morning all - 9.2 miles this morning blighted by a dodgy hip, 5 x OR, you can tell the VLM letters are out! JF, well done on your place. MC and Emmy, I'm the same as you, it's odd I want to get faster to train more rather than just be faster. Hopefully you'll get the extension birky, after all those years I bet you'll struggle to pack your desk away. PSC, a short run will definitely help the recovery, when does the IM training start? Valis, if you're resting today are you going for a big performance at parkrun tomorrow? No word from Chris yet, still recovering from the Steelman? Hever tri for me tomorrow and the first club XC of the season on Sunday, am struggling to fit in the long runs at the moment, I'm expecting a very poor performance in Abingdon marathon next month. It's Friday, enjoy everyone!

• Options

Morning image

Back from Paris didn't run this morning as I was still quite tiered from the whole Paris thing. I ended up working to midninght for three nights and then yesterday an appartment caught fire and there was so much noise I only got about 2 hours sleep on wednesday night.

I took my running kit with me so I could do the sights at SOC but I forgot the most important thing ............my runing shoes doh!!!!!!!!! 

I might see you at Hever Kate as I am going along to supports some friends kids who are doing it. Its only 10 mins up the road from me

• Options

I may say bonjour to you tomorrow then TG, just checked the info for tomorrow, only a 400m swim, I was expecting 750m from last time, just as well as it's 14 degrees. You can still enter on the day! I responded to a post on here recently about an Ironman study, train for Barcelona whilst monitored and following a training plan, and I've been selected for screening in a few weeks. My running might mean I'm coming from too good a base of fitness already but exciting nonetheless. Quiet on here today, everyone working hard or out running?

• Options

kate - good luck for tomorrow and with the study - that would be a brilliant opportunity