Options

Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Options

good morning allimage

8 miles this morning ,a little bit chillier around here today

NW 0

Psc ,have a good commute

Kate, No I have nothing else planned in the run up to c2c.  B.C (Before calf) i was planning on doing all three days of the druid ridgeway, although a a day or 2 of it are tempting I will leave it and do it fully next year.

Maths, hope the tooth is better

Chris, forgot to ask how are your preparations going for the Mds I think I'm right in saying its next April  ?

Hi all not mentioned  happy hump day

• Options

Morning valis:A  terrible result for us last night.Lost on pens at home.image Hope Blues do much better tonight.

maths: Hope your tooth is better.

• Options

morning all

thanks for the wishes for my tooth - it is feeling fine nowimage

struggling to sleep - I keep waking at 2;30 and then don't get back to sleep. Too early to get up for a run, even by my standards. So out at 4 for 8 miles.

1 dead rat in the middle of the road, yuck

birky - are you going on holiday?

happy hump day

• Options

Morning all - 6.6 miles with a bit of a hangover this morning, industry lunch at the Dorchester, tough job. Another one tonight as well do not sure how the temp session will go in the morning. Valis, BC did make me chuckle, I think I will attempt 2 days of the Ridgeway. Chris, I have a very amusing image of you running along with your phone lighting your way. If you're resting up PSC does this mean you're racing this weekend? Happy hump day to you all.

• Options

Morning image

No SOC today as I have bit of a muscle problem in my right quad, not sure if it injured or just sore. I'll try and do a little run this evening.

Boot camp is definatley working, core feels stronger and I can even do a few press up well 20 anyway. Managed a proper face plant last night when we were doing wheel barrowsimage

PSC what have you got lined up then, resting up for something at the weekend ? 

• Options

tommy - I can't do press ups at allimage I keep trying but just can't

wheel barrows reminds me of school

• Options

Kate/Tommy - this weekend is the Kent Whitecliffs Challenge... 52 miles of run/walk/eat image

wheel barrows is reminding me of Army days...  such fun!  I'm impressed at 20 pushups... I think I would struggle to do that many - although I am not prepared to try! 

Valis - Ridgeway is a cracking event.  My OH has run it and loved it.

• Options

Morning you lot from a wet West of Scotland.

4M Steadily done in heavy drizle.

Maths: Yeah off to Stornoway tomorrow till Monday.

Got the book ;The Dirtiest Race Ever'  The story of Olympic mens 100m from 1988.

• Options
    Morning Team. It's turning cold isn't it!
  • Options

Morning psc; It sure is mate.

NW: 1owl, 1 cyclist, 3 BMWs (Ran past what I call BMW corner), 1 Kingsmill Van, 1 Morrisons Van, 4 horses, 1 very wet looking cat, 1 adidas trainer stilll lying at side of road !

valis: 2-2 . I saw the goals, A great 2nd by Oscar. 2 sloppy goals to loose.

• Options

Morning Birkyimage

5.9 miles done. Fresh out this morning with clearing sky.

Used my new head torch for the first time, meant I could still run the summer route yay.

Nice one PSC sounds like fun, I have the Tonbridge HM on Sundayimage

• Options

which headtorch did you get?  I've never done the Tonbridge HM... nearly did last year but got lost cycling over and missed the start image

Now that I'm properly awake I've got a sore throat.  Bugger!  image  Mini-taper madness I hope.

• Options

morning all

wet and chilly here. I did a turbo session and attempted some core work, but I am rubbish at it. I think all my abs disappeared when I was pregnant.

PSC - hope the sore throat goes away. Try some honey.

birky - have a great break

• Options

Morning 5.5 hilly miles this morning. quiote chilly to start with but didn't notice it ater the first mile or so. Really got to start watching my early pace as started too fast this morning. it was ok for 5.5miles but I'd have been in big trouble on a longer run.

NW: didn't see much as still dark most of the way. Must get batteries for my head torch.

PSC: the whitecliffs challenge sounds good - maybe I'll have to think about that one after a couple of marathons under my belt!

• Options

Evening

Tommy: Belated morning to you, just missed you earlier

Maths:Thanks.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hey all,

A 5 miles at NOC through the fields. Managed to nearly get chased by two dogs and a horse (it could be the horse was just moving quite quickly in my direction!).

@PSC - Are you sure it's not your body thinking: I've got to run 52 miles this weekend... quickly - let's try and get out of it?

@Kate - did you have a hangover today?

How is everyone else getting on?

• Options

Evening all...

Found this on facebook and thought it was rather appropriate for this thread...

/members/images/27936/Gallery/550947_444437045607349_2038153073_n.jpg

• Options

evening Chris

like the pictureimage

• Options
    530am530am ✭✭✭

Looks like Julian Clary to me.....image

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Evening Chris - that's a great picture! It reminds me of a few people on RW!

• Options

Yes,it does look like Julian Clary! 

• Options

lol good pic. Morning gang.. image

• Options

Yes also love the picture though eyes wide open may come about 10 minutes laterimage

• Options

morning all

bit of a slow 5 miles for me this morning, body not really wanting to move at all I think! Oh well, early night and plenty of sleep tonight should sort that.

snails are out again - only realised when I heard some crunchingimage

• Options

Morning image

Rest day today as my legs feel a little sore and I have a Half Mara on sunday.

I like the thought in the picture but now its been said it looks like Julian Clarey kinda puts me off it a bit. image

• Options

Morning all - day off today so set out a little later for 12 miles on the North Downs followed up with a swim. Heading for Totnes and Mr F's epic swim shortly. PSC, happy anniversary, it was ours yesterday, and we're having a romantic weekend with him in a wetsuit and my parents coming to Devon with us! So, good luck to Chris with his triathlon, JF and Tommy with the half maras, PSC with his epic, 5.30 at the New Forest mara and anyone else racing this weekend. Emmy, no hangover yesterday but I'm planning an epic for Sunday as Mr F will be off the wagon after 3 sober weeks! Have a great Friday all.

• Options
    530am530am ✭✭✭

KateF you're liking  the word "epic" -  three times in your post. Did you know that is the favourite word of 10 year old boys at our local school. Unfortunately the other one is "fail".

Trendy and an assassin eh?

Good luck to all runners, tris, swimmers and  anniversaries  this weekend.

• Options

Tis my 17th Wedding anniversary on Sunday tooimage So Half Marathon in the morning followed by a nice lunch somewhere image (don't know what the OH is doing thoughimage)

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

First time ever today - I slept through my alarm, through several car alarms in the street and woke up at 8.30am in a blind panic that i was late for work!

Congratulations to everyone celebrating this weekend image

• Options

Birky and KateF well remembered and thanks.  Actually I am really struggling, chesty cough has left a sore throat like swallowing razors so hoping two more sleeps will shift it, it's a £20 race fee blown otherwiseimage  I haven't trained since last Friday but should have enough miles in the tank, don't think I'll win it.

Good luck 5.30 and Tommygun with your full & halfs on Sunday, must run that New Forest one some day.

PSC that sounds a tough event, the eating bit sounds fine and easy thoughimage

Emmy, hope it wasn't your car being broken into!

Good luck to everybody else with runs and races, Valis are you running one day of that Druid Ridgeway?