Options

Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Options

I generally do that anyway PSC, only the hi viz ones though.

• Options

Morning all - T25 very quietly in the hotel room then 4.5 miles in the rain again. Off to head office - the mother ship - to be indoctrinated into the world of all things Austrian furniture. 

• Options

morning

rest day today, apart from masters swimming tonight image

• Options

morning all

4 miles for me this morning followed by dog walk.  nw: 1 hovis van, Carlsberg van, post office van and 1 ambulance. 2 dog walkers and numerous cars.  Also 1 old style parking meter with the little handle you turn once you've put your money in, it is a ornamental feature in a front garden!

• Options

morning all

4 miles for me this morning followed by dog walk.  nw: 1 hovis van, Carlsberg van, post office van and 1 ambulance. 2 dog walkers and numerous cars.  Also 1 old style parking meter with the little handle you turn once you've put your money in, it is a ornamental feature in a front garden!

• Options

Morning

Overslept so didn't get out until 7am. A bit murky and drizzly but quite mild. NW 2 horses, 3 dog walkers, 1 dog walking company van, 1 log lorry, 2 fallen trees

• Options

A'noon

Pouring down here and has been dong so since I was out at 6:30am.

4M Steady in the rain.

NW: 1 owl, 1 dog, 2 cats 2 cyclist

PW: 2cars

Younger son passed his driving test theory this morningimage

Had to take him up to Glasgow because that's where they sit it in our area.

Working 'a back shift' again later

Catch up time

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Hi all

sorry for the absence but after logging my 11 miles on Wednesday morning and heading to work MrsG decided we were no more and I have spent the last 5 days ripping my life apart and moving from our home.

Life goes on and there is always a SOC just around the CLOCK

All I need is a good nights sleep and I will be in there like swim wear tomorrow

Did do a nice steady 5.4 at lunchtime so not all doom and gloom

I hope everyone else is well

• Options

oh Gobi, sorry to hear that, always difficult, take care 

• Options

Bad times Gobi, life does dish out some crap sometimes. 

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I'm a big boy now so will be fine

Hope to ride my bike later and have agreed to meet friends tomorrow to ride
  • Options

I'm sure you will be fine like you say, but sorry you both have to go through such a rubbish time.

• Options
    Morning peeps...

Gobi, sorry about your news.
  • Options

Morning all - I am pleased to report it has stopped raining in Austria, chilly this morning instead. T50 (2 sets of T25) and a bloody hard hill session, 6 x 1 min, 6 x 30 sec 6 x 45 sec with an hour in total. Will probably sleep through today's training.  I'm sympathising with your quiet prancing valis, bloody hard to do squat jumps and burpees and not wake up the whole hotel at 4.30am. Emmy, 5.30 how is the recovery going? 

• Options

Good morning all image

10 miles this morning then the cycle ride to work ,last night T 25 and again tonight.

Nw 3 foxes,1 cat

Psc,Morning

Kate, Have been doing T-*25 when I get home However Mrs V gets annoyed as she has to get past me and my flailing limbs( her words) co ordinated movement ( mine) to get to the kitchen. will be trying to do it again the morning soon and just hope I am not as loud as I think I am.

Gobi,Sorry to hear your news, I am sure your come through this stronger.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all!

Another set of lots of SOC for me. Managed to see 5.30 at the weekend at the Folkestone double - you picked the wrong day! Sunday was absolutely glorious!

Kate - how are you getting on in Austria? Lots of good altitude training, im sure.

Gobi - sorry to hear about your news image If it helps - the same has happened to me in the last week so I can emphasise.

• Options

Morning all

Drizzly and very mild here. SOC run and possibly head out for a cycle later today.

NW 3 deer, 1 horse, 2 other runners, 2 soldiers waiting to use a porta loo!!

Sorry to hear your bad news Gobi and Emmy. Hope things work out.

• Options

Morning all

T25 and dog walk this morning

Emmy sorry to hear your bad news

• Options

morning

Emmy - well done at the weekend, sorry to hear your news too

no soc for me, had to dash to Nottingham to get some piano music, now to find someone that can play the piano to accompany eldest son when he does his grade 5 trumpet exam in a few weeks - I am not very pleased with his teacher for landing this on us at the last minute

off to running club tonight though

• Options

no DOMS from Sunday - woohooo.... God, this training lark seems to actually work! Sssssh, don't tell anyone!  I've mostly blagged it up to now!  Hopefully some new shoes will turn up soon as I've killed my Nike's.  Getting 2 pairs - sketchers and Brooks - both similar to the Nike Free's but will give me a chance to sample the different brands.  The Nikes did about 400 miles I think which isn't bad, but they felt very second hand by the end of Sunday's run.

• Options

Maths, do you not have a music department at school who could help you out?  That's a bit poor to leave it this late to tell you to fix this up!

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Great timing around Valentines day Emmy :??0 Dinner Emmy :??)

Moving on and he is back in the game

Up at 4.55 today so I could ride towards one of my standard routes and meet lads. Ended up with a 2hr early bike with my extra miles there and back. Backed up with 5.4 miles at lunchtime and tonight I will hit the cycle track for some intervals later.

Might as well use the time
  • Options

PSC - it is his trumpet teacher from school that has put us in this predicament. Grrrr

however, got the piano music, rang an old lady that a friend of mine told me about and went to see her today, she is lovely, spent 45 mins with son going through the pieces, scales etc with him 

• Options

Emmy oh no, I thought the H had gone missing. Oh well, you have (wo)man's best friend to fall back on, maybe you and Gobi can have a SOC house share?

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    At least nobody would mind when you go training in the morning :??)
  • Options

Evening you lot

My it is a busy thread today. Need to catch up.

• Options

Gobi: Really sorry to hear your news.

emmy: The same with you.

• Options
    530am530am ✭✭✭
    Good Evening L&G

Stay strong Gobi and Emmy. I'm sorry I'm not wise enough to give words of wisdom. Emmy you held it together over the weekend. Well done on a great double.

Martello Marathon on Saturday was very tough but not the hardest. Maybe the lengthy walks in the headwind prevented true attrition. Heartbreaker on Sunday then the first 'proper' trail marathon of the year and one of my favourites, Steyning Stinger.

In Bath for a few days, bored the kids with the Roman Baths and Cheddar Gorge. Longleat tomorrow should hopefuly perk them up.
  • Options

Morning you lot !

Not long back after dropping my niece off in Glasgow at her flat.

Couple of unexpected road closures and subsequent diversions on the way up !!

Miss B is 14 today