Options

The SNOD ultra runnig thread

Comments

• Options
    Agreed on the checkpoint - get clipped get out - soon as. As far as being able to sleep on the hoof or at a check-point??? we are indeed all wired very differently. FR I'm off up to Newcastle on the weekend to a fair well party for my brother who is off to become even richer to Kuala Lumpur. He may treat me to a day's salmon fishing on the Tyne seeing as we've just had some rain. Don't think I'll have the time to 'tickle' a sea trout on the Kent during the 50. You have me intrigued now I'll have to have a look at that river.
  • Options
    My you're lively this morningFR! - I'm out tonight for a date with some Owls,bats,etc
  • Options
    Fellrunner wrote (see)

For my part I simply check in Grab some food and away, unless there are some pressing issues to address  then in and out in a minute or two and in my case on the 100 with 14 CPs even taking a minute at each is going to cost me 14 mins on my race time, ( note to self must waste less time @  CPs).

Having said that I know folk that do stop and even catnap, so as always you need to find what works for you.

must say i enjoy my time at checkpoints on longer runs. time to enjoy the grub they've laid on and make the people manning it feel like its worthwhile.

the best one is at the ldwa kipling kaper..me and sp sat down at the huge hall table with the walkers and tucked into the biggest feast ever..yum

like you today fr..i was out in my first proper summer thunderstorm and downpour for ages..the road was 2.5ft flooded in one place..great for splogding through..and overtaking cars that were scared of getting their wheels wet!

• Options
    all being well me and my sidekick will be leaving this time tomorrow to trot the ambleside to coniston leg
  • Options
    Owls and bats were safely tucked in and away from the very interesting weather last night. 5hrs 35mins - 3 hours in driving rain - then the wind picked up big time for the last 2 and half hours. Reduced to a leaning walk on the very tops. Dot wasn't to sure about it and erged me on back to the car. Got in 2.30am to wife who's not that impressed. Still, that's the last prep run in the bag. A weekend's Sea Trout fishing in the North East for me and lashings of fine wine - can't help thinking I should be on a recce though!
  • Options
    nice work sz and dot..could be choppy out there...the north sea can be very unforgiving
  • Options
    CD You know, when you're in the neighbourhood drop in and say hi!
  • Options

will do,..feet haven't touched the ground this week..hardly been in and when i am its bedlam..so not much posting

will pop by later

• Options

So last night in order to get a feel for running the 50 I followed a 'road book' which i'd previously written in the style of L50. Even though I know the route well. I stopped at every key point on the route I covered (about 23m) and read each description using head torch when needed etc. I was prepared to do a wet weather change even if it had been dry! As it was that change was forced upon me. Am I cracking up?

• Options
    Get your ass around here boy!
  • Options

will do

you've given me an idea

im going to practice getting lost then unlost tomorrow..so if im not in on monday..

• Options
    You don't need to practice that CD
  • Options
    I heard this place existed, I'll have a catch up
  • Options

FR - Great thread, wish I'd looked in sooner. Never realised how crackingly you'd done at Os Phoenix, you must be peaking just right for lakes.

SZ - thats was a cracking hard endurance run in all weathers and well into the night. I reckon you'll storm it.

CD - Enjoy the Amb -> Con leg. easiest bit is at start, best bit at end image

Dress Rehearsal for me tomorrow. Only about 10-15m but I'm going to pick a nice undulating bit of Wolds (cheers for Grough intro FR, invaluable in last few months) and do out and back to maximise the hilliness. Might not get any 500+ footers in, but some buits you can get a few 300footers in a small area back-to-back-to-back.

As for next week, I'm going to have a dead easy week (well, as much as I can with the "chaos" aspect of work) with no running after wednesday and eat well (like I don't do that anyway). I've got a half decent plan of what I need to carry in my head, but probably will put something to paper at weekend and checkout updated roadbook re. food and drink.

• Options
    all being well I should be fast asleep in my little tent this time next weekimage
  • Options
    Ended up fishing Sweethope Lough. Northumberland. Little competition with my brother to make things interesting. SZ won 3 - 1 Rainbow's about 2lb - perfect pan size, I know this because one was in the pan last night! Observed a pair of Ospreys most of the morning also fishing the lough - nice to see. Too much wine over the weekend though.image Running wouldn't have been wise for me this weekend. Had some intresting twitches and 'needle' pain complaints from my knees due to them being well worked over the last three weeks. Now looking forward to Saturday.
  • Options
    oh yes fr, you bet..up for the full monty in 2011..hows that for quick re-ignition