Options

Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Little Ninja wrote (see)
    Kwilter with a K wrote (see)

LN, your second bit needs more explanation...I'm hoping you caught someone being rude in what he thought was a language no-one else would understand.

Exactly that, well the man commented on my boobs and shape in front of about nine other Japanese men. What he said wasn't crude but he'd never have said it if I thought I could understand him so I turned around and said in Japanese 'In the 21st century, it's difficult to tell who can understand Japanese isn't it'   1 point to the foreign ninja image

Excellent image

Hash. wrote (see)

Good luck AN, Mifffi and everyone else in the same boat. Just left a worried hubby at home who still doesn't know if his contract will end before Christmas. There seems to be absolutely nothing out there to even apply for at the moment. I know times are tough, but have all the personnel departments put recruitment on hold until after Christmas or what?

Erm, yes, pretty much. 

Recruitment in December is usually regarded as a waste of money, as the number and quality of applicants drops noticeably. 

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    DeliH wrote (see)
    Dog owners, if you dog is vicious and attacks other dogs, please muzzle it... I now have a £50 vets bill, a dog with an ripped up neck and my dad has a suspected broken finger and badly bruised hand after repeated beating your fleabitten mongrel, who wouldn't let go of my dog ..... I have just returned from working in Asia, long flight, etc and my poor dog is a mess (my dad was walking him and looking after him during the day whilst OH was at work). Also from the state of his injuries, it's not as you claimed the first time he has done this, hopefully next time it's not a child, I will be keeping an eye out for you and your hound and if I see it again without a muzzle on I am reporting it.... (or punching you in the face)

I'd ask the police and give them a description - when our dog was bitten we found out it was a "serial" attacker and eventually the police could charge the owner and have the dog put down (i'd like to mention that this was not a little "nip" - they nearly broke my dog's leg...).

My rant:

Dear Boss, You know what - No - i'm not overworked. NOT AT ALL. You employed another person in the team for no reason.... and now you're saying that i need to distribute half my job to them? what will I do? I can already do my job in half the time and the only reason that i have so much overtime is because i travel so much.

I know that anyone who reads this might be thinking "what are you complaining about... you've got help"..... but it's not like that - i'm given drippings of work to do - nothing like a full time job - and I hate it. I want to be challenged, feel fulfilled in my job - not feel like i'm having to beg for the measly work that i get given...

• Options
    Thanks for the comments, my dad was too shaken up to get the lady's details, it's also some woods local to him and not ones that I use, although I am going to go running through there to see if I can spot this dog, it is very distinctive from his description.... my poor dads hand is a mess and Scruft is feeling very sorry for himself... off to tend to his wounds now image
  • Options
    the one night I need to leave on time to make my running club, we're 40 mins late already and no sign of leaving soon. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.  So fecked off.  Missed it last week too because we left late. Bit of an update might no go  amiss either.  'leaving in 5 mins' over 30 mins ago not great
  • Options
    Deli - I think you should report this to the police. When I was bitten earlier this year, my local cop-shop was very interested and I wasn't half as badly hurt as your poor Dad.

In other happier news - thanks for all your good wishes, they must have worked because I've got a date for my 2nd interview, 13 Dec.

And my rant - I'm not sure I like being at the mercy of my own hormones anymore.
  • Options

Dear large scale publically funded employer

I may have to come over there and bitch slap every last feckless one of you, just because.

Sincerely

CD

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    There's just too much to come out. I am overwhelmed with irritation. People cooking kittens in microwaves, tagging (for 10 whole years), pushy sales people with halitosis, £70 for The Dead Sea at Fenwick, no f*cking help whatsoever shop staff, I am not a door stop. I need to get some of this into order and compose myself. I may be back.
  • Options
    Erm......microwaved kittens??
  • Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Google Gina Robins.
  • Options
    Crazy Diamond  wrote (see)
    Erm......microwaved kittens??
    Yep, some awful woman's been to court for it. I saw an article somewhere else this morning image
  • Options

Oh lordy!  I'm not a cat person although we (the kids) have one the size of a pony that regualrly drives me nuts.  Thats awful though. 

Dear landlord

I've been waiting for your call back for three weeks now.  I was promised a call this week, which unsurprisingly has failed to materialise.  Next week you're apparently off so some far flung African nation and will be out of contact for roughly a month. 

Luckily this is nothing earth shattering but I would like to know whether or not I'm 'allowed' a dog.  So remind me again why I'm paying my rent to a landlord who clearly has no intention of communicating with me no matter how important the issue?

• Options

CD
    Being a tad late with the rent may promote some communication from your landlord?

• Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    When you e-mail me demanding to be taken off our mailing list, don't you think it would help the task if you gave me your postal address?
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Crazy Diamond wrote (see)

Luckily this is nothing earth shattering but I would like to know whether or not I'm 'allowed' a dog.  So remind me again why I'm paying my rent to a landlord who clearly has no intention of communicating with me no matter how important the issue?

If your lease doesn't say you are NOT allowed a dog, I would guess that it is allowed?

Usually things that are forbidden (pets being one) are expressly mentioned.

• Options
    Stunned.  Speechless.  Life can be so fucking cruel sometimes and its always cruelest to the ones who give the most. 
  • Options
    What's up CD?

You'd been in our home two minutes and broke our wedding photo frame. It was a present from my mother and the only photo from our wedding we have displayed. Every time I think about it, I go cold. It's almost a week ago and I've not heard any mention of you replacing it, so I'm sending you a link to a shop where you can get a replacement from. And I want it here by this time next week. I'm not going to tolerate your usual vague forgetfulness this time.
  • Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭
    When you agreed to 'project manage' our building works we stressed how important the 'managing of the project' bit would be as we both work full time in quite stressful, time consuming, jobs. We went over and over it and you reassured us to the point way back in August we took you on for the project which you estimated would take about 2 months. I know it's not even worth asking the question 'what part of the phrase project management' do you not understand?' as it's obviously the whole fecking lot of it - time management, effective communication, realistic planning and taking responsibility are some other phrases you might want to look into

aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

<and breathe>
    frequent lurker pushed into posting
  • Options
    One of my best mates has been given some bad news AN.  They've seen me through some of the darkest times of my life and now I feel completely unable to support them because of the distance betwen us.  That aside, it's the impact this may have on their life.
  • Options
    CD, it doesn't matter how far away you are, you can still support them by being there for them to talk to.  All the people who have supported me the best during bad times are those that don't live near me.
  • Options
    I know Caz, and thats what they've done for me in my time of need.  I guess its the fact that I can't give them a huge hug and a long sit down to chat things through whenever we want to.  Because of our circumstances we can only really communicate via e-mail. 
  • Options
    Dear CAB volunteer
    It's lovely that you've given up your time to make a difference to people in trouble but perhaps you should consider doing something else as the only difference you've made to me has been negative.
    Don't assume all people in trouble are scroungers and if you don't understand the illness someone is describing don't get hostile and assume it doesn't exist.
    How about innocent until proven guilty with scrounger charges?!
  • Options
    How about telling that to their boss SOLB?  It could have a devastating effect on someone who didn't have their illness under control.
  • Options
    I thought about it caz but I can't handle it. Was feeling defeated and sad before the meeting.
    Complaining wouldn't do much good anyway. You can't really discipline volunteers.
    To be honest the guy was just like my dad.
    The whole place is terrible. I could hear every word of someone else's consultation from the waiting room. They must already know about that.
  • Options

CAB volunteers are a little different to a lot of volunteers as they have a lot of time and money invested in them in the form of training.  I wouldn't expect him to be disiplined, but someone should talk to him about tack and respect for the clients.

I completely understand if you don't feel like making a fuss though.

• Options
    I know I'm a happily attached lady (and no matter what anyone tells you, I am a lady!) but you sir, you can come back to chat to me any time you like and I shall continue to flirt and swoon unashamedly.  image
  • Options

There is actually a long waiting list for people who want to be CAB volunteers, too SOLB. If he's not doing the job properly, someone else out there would love a chance to.

But, like Caz says, it is totally understandable if you don't want the hassle. I'm sorry things are straight with your Dad either image
    Here, have a big ((hug)) instead - there's beggar all else I can do, but I hope it helps a little.

• Options
    Thanks for the hugs. Didn't just get some grit in my eye ... must've been a whole beach!
    Things are really hard right now.
    Sounds silly but the support really does help *watery smile* you guys are great.
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I'd recommend writing a letter when you feel up to it - if they keep acting like this - they'll believe that it's ok to act like that....

Keep strong image

Dear Boss, i'm sorry for taking the wrong end of the stick- you just wanted to ask me if i was ok.... i'm sorry - i was wrong.

• Options
    SOLB wrote (see)
    I thought about it caz but I can't handle it. Was feeling defeated and sad before the meeting. Complaining wouldn't do much good anyway. You can't really discipline volunteers. To be honest the guy was just like my dad. The whole place is terrible. I could hear every word of someone else's consultation from the waiting room. They must already know about that.
    Many charities would have a volunteering policy with a complaints procedure and appraisal scheme. The guy may need some additional training, When all else fails volunteers can be removed from their role. 
  • Options
    Thanks Miffi
    I think I'm going to write a letter tomorrow (when I've stopped being pathetic and snivelling) but name my sister as a contact if more information is needed. That way I won't have to deal with it if it feels like it's all too much.