Options

Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Maddy, I've just seen your post from Saturday. We have good days and bad and need to stop the "what ifs". So glad things are on the up for you.
  • Options
    The what ifs are usually never as bad as you imagine even when the worst happens - something about it actually happening rather than it being in your imagination seems to take the edge of it
  • Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    Of course I'm not upset nor panicking that my right hand person the last 3.5 years is moving to another post in the organisation.
  • Options
    I tried to say write something two different ways. Deleted it each time. I'll just have to stew. Forever!
  • Options
    Write it either way, we wont complain if it doesn't make sense
  • Options

I feel sick.

My insurance company won't pay out for my stolen bike because it was locked in the same place for more than 12 hours... imageimage

• Options

You know what, if you want to force your kids to go along to a pretend Christmas promotion run by that bunch of theiving, lying, ultra commercial, health defeating, cancer causing parasites Coca Cola and encourage them wholeheartedly to buy in to the concept that Christmas is all about gorging themselves on sugar filled crap with absolutely no nutritional benefit whatsoever whilst further twisting the family sentiment that Christmas should be 9or religious for those who beleive) thats your porogative.  I don't see however why I should be subjected to your iphone videos of said child being presented not with Santa but with Pariah Marey blasting from a big red truck emblazoned with corporate greed filled messages that are directed entirely on your oor unsuspecting child, further perpetuating the myth that Christmas was invented by COCA FUCKING COLA!!  image

Mulled wine anyone?

• Options
    Please look after my Bear today. image
  • Options
    BouncyBunny wrote (see)

I feel sick.

My insurance company won't pay out for my stolen bike because it was locked in the same place for more than 12 hours... imageimage

Seriously?

Was it locked away from your home for more than 12 hours, for example a train station, or by your home, for example in a shed?

• Options
    BouncyBunny wrote (see)

I feel sick.

What? Are they seriously saying that the small print includes a time limit? I'd insist on them showing you exactly where it says 12 hours. I've never heard anything like that before, and I'll bet most bike riders haven't either. The insurance companies really are becoming a bunch of dishonourable duplicitous bastards. People rely on them and they're happy to take our money, but then when we need them they do absolutely everything they can to weasel out of paying. Have they been studying Ryanair as their role model?
  • Options

TYWTSBC - Absolutely anything, completely lost my voice yesterday, the best I can manage is a whisper which requires a bit of lip reading, it's so quiet.

Really want to be well enough to go to work tomorrow, my first chance to celebrate someone else passing their viva as a postdoc. Can't see it happening image.

P.S. Bouncy bunny - that is rubbish.

• Options

I work long shifts at work sometimes and kip in the oncall room, it was left for 16 hours unchecked at work.

12 hours locked away from my home residence is not insured.

It's Cycle Guard / JLT Online if anyone out there has a policy with them

Never even occured to me that such a daft clause would even exist.

Am hoping that my contents insurance might cover it.

Lord knows how I'm going to afford a replacement.

What is even more daft is that they won't cancel my policy. Even thou the bike is stolen and they have all the paperwork. I have to write to the manager for them to 'assess my case' to see if I can cancel my insurance for a bike I don't even own and they won't pay out for!

• Options
    I think you need to have a discussion with them about mis-selling you the product.  If you honestly thought that you were insured when your bike was at work and they are now telling you that you aren't then I think they should be refunding you the whole policy.  Limitations like that should be stated very clearly up front, and not hidden in teh small print.  I don't see this as any different to all those people who were mis-sold insurances for financial products that have since been proven to be worthless.
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I'm sorry to hear that your going through such hell with the car insurance BB.... my insurer wont let me cancel either.... despite sending them a registered letter, approved email (through my bank) and additional items... it's just frustrating.

On another note... i've just had a secret second interview... well it's not so secret anymore as i've told you on here but I havent told anyone else. I dont want to get other people's hopes up that I might be changing job.

• Options
    You might also want to mention that you will not hesitate telling your mates on various online fora (of whom many are cyclists) that their insurance is rubbish.  Nothing like the thread of a bit of bad publicity!!
  • Options

I know I shouldn't have, but I just saw a runner nearly trip over a squirrel and laughed image

Though, to be fair, I would have laughed if it had been me image

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    @Screamapillar - I would do the same... in fact I have done when I screamed as I almost ran headon into a lamp post....
  • Options

I'm too tired to get emotional today (as also had bad news from the doctor about an hour after my bike news) - but tomorrow I shall unleash my wrath in various directions...

Be warned! image

• Options
    A squirrel fell out of a tree right in front of my feet once.  We both screamed and ran... image
  • Options

BB - That's crap. FWIW, there's also an Insurance Ombudsman who can look into cases. I threatened to do that with an insurance company once when I was missold something and the company's record of the voicemail proved it. Funnily enough, I got my money back.

In separate news

A) It's a fecking speed hump. Not a stop hump or a brake until you are almost going backward hump

B) That'll teach you for thinking foreigners don't speak Japanese you silly man. I feel ridiculously good at how red you went. 

• Options

LN, your second bit needs more explanation...I'm hoping you caught someone being rude in what he thought was a language no-one else would understand.

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    I was a few steps from the exit of the pool changing rooms. To the member of staff who told me to take my shoes off to cover that 8 foot distance while repeatedly squawking "you're not allowed to wear shoes in here" like a remedial parrot. First thing, I know you're upset I just ignored you, but that was preferable to me not ignoring you and telling you to f*ck off. Second thing, f*ck off.
  • Options
    I know you're trying to help by tidying up - but wtf were you thinking when you rearranged the kitchen cupboards?  Why is the stuff we use every day at the back, and all the junk we never use at the front? image
  • Options
    BB that's so crap.  Which insurer, so we can all avoid?
    Nam wrote (see)
    A squirrel fell out of a tree right in front of my feet once.  We both screamed and ran... image

Fair enough.  If it had had a scaley tail instead of a furry one it would have been a rat, and most people would have screamed and run at that.

Is it odd to be more afraid of Jack Russells than GSDs when running?  They're more of a trip hazard

• Options
    Point out to the insurance company that the FSA say that they cannot put unreasonable barriers in place to prevent you cancelling the policy. Thn ask for their complaints procedure and be prepared to follow it all the way to the FSA.
  • Options
    And check your policy documents. The Cycleguard docs I've seen don't mention a 12 hour limit. There's a 24 hour limit at train stations but nothing else.
  • Options
    err, the FSA doesn't handle personal complaints. Once you've exhausted the complaints process of the firm you have an issue with, you can take your case to the Financial Ombudsman (FOS) and they'll review it to see if you've been treated fairly. The FOS will charge the firm £500 to review the case, so some firms will settle before the FOS stage, even if they think they're completely right, rather than shell out £500.
  • Options
    Solb

It's not about making sense, it's about hurting in my guts like a Physio looking for a hernia in yr pelvis (for a man).

Like I said. There's a woman involved!!!
  • Options

Thanks everyone for your advice and support.

I am going to go through the company complaints procedure and see where I get with that, then will work how / who to take it higher to if that doesn't get me anywhere.

The real bugger being that while I do all of that I have no bike. My friend has offered to lend me her clapped out MTB which weighs more than an elephant with an eating disorder - but at least I can get to / from work, the pool, the running track etc.

BB

• Options

Really sorry to hear about your insurance BB image That sucks

Whinge alert! 

Swimming training - why is the lesson soearly? Why am I OK with any of the floaty stuff but rubbish when I have to put my head under the water? Why don't my goggles fit? Why did I get bad looks from people when trying to do my hair in the mirror? Do I really have to do 2 extra sessions of drills a week on my own where I'll look like a drowning numpty? Do I look fat in my swimsuit? Why is the lesson sooooooo early?

As you were image