Options

Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Having never bought a bike before the staff in the bike shops are really nice and helpful, which is all that stopped me blurting out "How fucking much!" when I found out the prices.
  • Options

Your inability to run a local stopping service on a Sunday morning, hardly a busy time, means that my race entry for today is wasted. Thanks a bunch "Great" Western Railway.

• Options
    Just arggggggggggggghhggggggg.
  • Options

Is it your job to text people all day?

Because if it is you are excellent at it. You are so dedicated to it you seem to have very little time to do anything else, you have been doing it constantly for the past three and a half hours.

• Options

"Responsible for obtaining or receiving new stork, "

You want a job where attention to detail is important and you use the word 'stork' instead of 'stock' in your CV?!

• Options

image Maybe they work in a maternity unit?

• Options

"King of Trainers" and JD "Sports". Made the mistake of going in on a wim looking for running shorts .. clothing organised by colour not by sport and most nothing to do with sport. Then there is that slogan "King of Trainers" sounds like something a sexist East End market trader, selling cheap cheap shoes that bear no resemblance to any sort of athletic sport, would shout at passing ladies with a smarmy leer. Wrong in so many ways.

• Options

"big bones don't wobble" amazing

• Options

They do if your rickets are bad.

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Team 'Sky' have apparently apologised to a cyclist who they nearly ran over with their team bus.

No way.

The guy was not only not 'one of theirs', he was also an amateur.

🙂

• Options

Erm, to what extent does a minor deformity of the hand impair the ability to cycle? Is it such a disability that you should be at the Paralympics?

• Options
    Muttley wrote (see)

Erm, to what extent does a minor deformity of the hand impair the ability to cycle? Is it such a disability that you should be at the Paralympics?

I personally think so yes.  Upper body control and stability is needed in cycling, maybe not so much as what the bottom half of the body brings to the party, but it's still important.  If she can't grip the bars with one of her hands because it is not properly formed, then that puts her at a disadvantage.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure she's also competed against 'able-bodied' athletes for Team GB and not done too shabbily.

• Options

She fulfills the criteria for the C5 category, simple as that. Her handlebar on the left hand side is adapted to the lack of grip.

She has competed with able bodied athletes but then so did Oscar Pistorius.

• Options

The fitting Sarah has in the left hand side is a work of art, and the one on her road bike even has a mechanism for operating the brake.  They were built by Rob Hayles

• Options

But shouldn't she compete in one or the other games, not both?

Seems to me that to win in the Paralympics she needs only to turn up and not fall off her bike.

She's clearly a great athlete but I dunno, having the cake and eating it comes to mind.

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Winning matters to Para-Olympians. However, the way the disabilities are categorised also brings in an element which shows that to many of the athletes, they don't much care for how they win.

To hear an argument that one of the competitors has thrown their toys out of their wheel chair on account of being deemed not disabled enough to compete (easily beat) others with bigger disabilities than they have. Is an unedifying spectacle.

With one judgement they go from 'first' to 'last'.

I mean, there has to be some sort of standard. However, to see a swimmer with arms beating one without (arms) on the touch is something which seemed a bit out of kilter.

🙂

• Options

Man United v Man City.   Two foreign managers who the press are fawning all over like they are some heroic gladiators. Two British players on each side as the world watches the English Premier League. Is this really what our sport is reduced to?  

The soul is gone.  Why on earth do people (outside of Manchester) let their kids walk round in their overpriced replica kits?

• Options
    oi Paralympics lot- The British and American judo pair look like fraudsters. Your 'olympics' is bollocks.
  • Options
    Northender, globalisation.
  • Options
    Muttley wrote (see)

But shouldn't she compete in one or the other games, not both?

Seems to me that to win in the Paralympics she needs only to turn up and not fall off her bike.

She's clearly a great athlete but I dunno, having the cake and eating it comes to mind.

As long as she is not doing both the Olympics and Paralympics in one cycle (pardon the pun). Pistorius got two bites of the cherry in 2012 (or was it 2008). I didn't think that was fair, personally.

Not sure what the impairment was with the Judo pair VDOT but sometimes it can be because of learning difficulties rather than physical disabilities. 

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

What constitutes learning difficulties?

Is it memory retention, or is it ability to recall those memories?

I remember being stunned when a lecturer in physics, picked up a book with about 350 pages in it, claiming the whole lot was in his head, and proved it by reciting whole paragraphs and from which page it was from.

I gave up on the spot.

However, there's also lots of really clever people who by their judgements/actions are clearly stupid as fuck.

🙂

• Options

Is it too much to ask that everybody (and I mean everybody) fuck off and leave me alone? I am certain I go through life not constantly asking things of others, hassling them about petty shit, moaning about everything all the time, yet this is all I seem to hear. Please, I just want a quiet fucking life! I'll sort my shit out, you all sort out yours.

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    CotswoldRunner wrote (see)

Is it too much to ask that everybody (and I mean everybody) fuck off and leave me alone? I am certain I go through life not constantly asking things of others, hassling them about petty shit, moaning about everything all the time, yet this is all I seem to hear. Please, I just want a quiet fucking life! I'll sort my shit out, you all sort out yours.

I say this often.

Unfortunately, a reputation for self reliance becomes a reputation for knowing how to sort things out, which leads to people hassling you constantly about all sorts of petty shit and moaning and really hoping you; and only you can fix things.

Ok then, your old man is useless. Your call.

🙂

• Options

As a 22 year old complaining about being 22 years old, I have to warn you that, with that attitude, future life is likely to be extremely stressful and unpleasant for you.

• Options

RicF wrote (see)

Er no. Have you honestly never come across the term before? I suggest you look it up before you  inadvertently call someone "retarded".

• Options

Is the BBC refusing to hand over licence payers money in a blackmail attempt really the front page of the Telegraph ?

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Screamapillar wrote (see)

RicF wrote (see)

Er no. Have you honestly never come across the term before? I suggest you look it up before you  inadvertently call someone "retarded".

What are you talking about? 

🙂

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

I remember being stunned when a lecturer in physics, picked up a book with about 350 pages in it, claiming the whole lot was in his head, and proved it by reciting whole paragraphs and from which page it was from.

I gave up on the spot.

However, there's also lots of really clever people who by their judgements/actions are clearly stupid as fuck.

Unless someone was being a bit lazy using the cut and paste, I've no idea why my text was used as a vehicle to make it sound that I was using the post as a way of calling anyone retarded.

🙂

• Options

Dear UKIP,

it would be easier to believe you are not a party of despicable racists if there was a single non-white face in your audience. 

Still, the encouraging thing is that they mostly seem to be of an age where they won't be around much longer.

• Options

Jeez, Courtney Cox, I couldn't even pick you out of a line up now.