Options

Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• Options

Liking that! - problem is that these d***heads say "it's not the dog's fault" - which is true, it's the fault of the pea-brained inadequate who can't take responsibility for an animal. The animal is probably twice as intelligent as the owner anyway.

• Options

Listening to the conversation about "Real Housewives" has made me realise why the windows don't open on this floor -  clearly it's for my own safety...

• Options

Sick of the poppy debate year after year.

Let people who want to wear them wear them. Don't force those who don't want to wear them to wear them.

Sun - fuck off, I wouldn't sign a petition run by you if my life depended on it.

• Options

Look you silly cow. You have never dealt with this situation before so you have no idea what you are talking about. You don't have the intelligence to even approach sorting it out and frankly, it isn't really any of your business anyway so shut up and take your whining bullshit elsewhere.

• Options

5 hours yesterday and 6 so far today, and now I have to phone your boss to try and sort this out.  Not sure how much more I can take.

• Options

Oh get on with it, will you? I want to take my redundancy money and go. Instead I'm still hanging round this place like a fart in a phone box. Set me free already!

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

It'll cost them Muttley,

If they released you before the official (redundancy) date they'll have to pay you all the money you would have earned to that point - tax free- .

🙂

• Options
    MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭
    Muttley wrote (see)

Oh get on with it, will you? I want to take my redundancy money and go. Instead I'm still hanging round this place like a fart in a phone box. Set me free already!

Ditto...  Frustrating, hey?

• Options

Why can't you buy any Adidas Adios cheap anymore you money grabbing bastards!

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Fuck you Royal Mail. Fuck you you pedantic wankers sucking up every single

penny for your fucking awful service.
  • Options

Don't worry Ric, I'm not leaving empty-handed. Been waiting and planning for this for a while. Early retirement beckons. A wage slave no more. Bring it on!

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

It's a relaxing position Muttley. It really is.

🙂

• Options
    Muttley wrote (see)

. Early retirement beckons. A wage slave no more. Bring it on!

Come and join the club... I'll stick the kettle on

• Options

imageimage unless something drastic happens I don't think I can ever afford to retire. image

I'm sorry you have not had your bills today but for f*nk sake someone died get some perspective.

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

If you advertise your dog's farewell walk all over social media , don't express "surprise" when loads of people turn up to join in. We all know dog owners are a weird bunch.

• Options

You're the plumber, so why did you run the new water main there ? 

• Options

If you try to make me stay, in a new job I don't want, I'll simply do my damnedest to prove that I'm crap at it.

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Muttley, they can only offer you a new job as an alternative to being made redundant.

Redundancy is based on a job disappearing from a system. If your job has now disappeared, then it's redundancy for the person who did that job.

The company can't make up a new job and put you in it to avoid paying redundancy terms.

It's your choice to take a new job. Not theirs to make you do it.

The danger is of finding yourself re-employed, that you left your previous employ voluntarily. And that once you have proven yourself crap at your new job, you find yourself out of a job - but not redundant.

No pay off.

🙂

• Options

It's not as simple as that, Ric. The company can offer me "suitable alternative employment" and if I turn it down unreasonably they can say I'm resigning so lose the payoff. Key word is unreasonable, of course - and if they stand their ground it'd have to go to tribunal.

I'm not safely out until they've dismissed me.

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

The sticking point or area of grey appears to what constitutes 'Suitable alternative employment'.

On one of my redundancies, one alternative was to move 200 miles to another location. Whether that was reasonable, no idea. I wasn't given the offer.

Be aware that 'Redundancy' is a technical term/label. Being dismissed for being crap will get you just that, dismissed.

I wouldn't even bother thinking of redundancy until it's actually offered. If the company can find an alternative it will.

🙂

• Options
    JazzijJazzij ✭✭✭

So the pharmacist wont sell me travel sickness tablets as I'm asthmatic, tell be to talk to GP for an alternative med. I don't want to waste their time with an appointment so speak to reception, they say to ring back next day.

I ring to be told they've sent a prescription to the pharmacy for the same drug the pharmacist said wasn't suitable, at a fee of £8.40, which is available over the counter for £3 but they won't sell to me over the counter.

What a waste of time and effort.

• Options
    JazzijJazzij ✭✭✭
    Jazzij wrote (see)

So the pharmacist wont sell me travel sickness tablets as I'm asthmatic, tell be to talk to GP for an alternative med. I don't want to waste their time with an appointment so speak to reception, they say to ring back next day.

I ring to be told they've sent a prescription to the pharmacy for the same drug the pharmacist said wasn't suitable, at a fee of £8.40, which is available over the counter for £3 but they won't sell to me over the counter.

What a waste of time and effort.

So I've picked the prescription, which isn't for travel sickness and says only take if you have been diagnosed with Migrane, which I haven't.

• Options

If you say "no job too small" on your site but then turn down a job because it's too small, then you are a dick.

• Options

Car driver - I know you didn't see me, I had plenty of time to think about what happened while waiting in A&E to have my face stitched together.  Thanks a lot.

• Options
    MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭

Yikes, Poacher, hope you're in one piece?

This is really report-worthy??  It's bread and butter stuff.  I really hope I am excessively advanced and knowledgeable, and everyone else is just catching up, or you've wasted an awful lot of money on stating the bleedin obvious.

• Options

Eric Bristow, you are a prize cockwomble of the highest order.

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Maybe we should start a new thread with respect to the king and queen of impulse social media posting, aka Twitter.

Lets call it (respect to REM) Oh no, I've Said too Much!

🙂

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Cheerful Dave wrote (see)

Eric Bristow, you are a prize cockwomble of the highest order.

I had to Google that - not sure prize cockwomble quite covers it, but it'll do to be going on with.  image

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

To be fair. It's odds on Sky TV was looking for any reason to terminate any contract they had with the guy.

His comments might have been crass but don't get carried away. It wasn't Bristow who committed the crimes. He just tweeted. Unless that's your idea of a crime.

Still trying to fathom how that coach managed to abuse his victims on more than one occasion. 

Just don't tell me they wanted to play bloody football that badly. Just don't!

🙂

• Options

Cheers Madbee, on the mend but it's brought home to me how dangerous roads can be.