Options

Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• Options

Dear USA, please note, when someone plants two bombs in one of your biggest citoes, that's terrorism, even if that person hasn't been consorting with dodgy Jihadi types.

• Options

Hello Mr Hedgehog. You're welcome to stay in my garden as long as you like.

• Options

Why can't you say that, Muttley? I'm sure Mr Hedgehog would love to hear you say that image

On a separate note: nice new beard - I like you anyway... but even more with the beard! Mmmm - men with beards.

• Options

I didn't want to frighten him as he shuffled and snuffled right past my feet as I stood still. Although from the amount of noise he made as he crashed through the bushes and undergrowth, he might not have cared.

(strokes five-day stubble and turns to present best side) image

• Options

If a Spaniard had carried Mola over the line - and it had denied Brownlee a world championship, would the British media be holding it up as a fantastic story of sportsmanship?

• Options

Probably NE, they love that kind of thing.  Although they'd have had more to say had Brownlee denied Mola the title and then been disqualified after the ITU looked at their rules a bit more closely.

• Options

It wasn't the Olympics, so no-one really cares apart from tri lovers.
    I thought it would be against the rules to aid another athlete over the line. 108 years too late, but congratulations Dorando Pietri.

• Options
    Dorando mught have been ok if ti had been another athlete helping him, but it was the officals, so......... might as well have been on a bicycle.image

or had a TUES, de rigeur for all your modern highly trained invalids, sorry athletes
  • Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Yes, we may appear to be uncool, intolerant, discriminant and racist as well. But did it occur to you that having a spiders web tattooed across your face might have something else  to do with you not getting the job?

🙂

• Options
    Muttley wrote (see)

Hello Mr Hedgehog. You're welcome to stay in my garden as long as you like.

Had one in my garden last night... first time I've seen one there  for 3 or 4 years. Actually, it was in the bottom of a bin bag my wife had put out without tying off...   it's a good job the hedgehog didn't 'play dead', as they do, or I'd have tied the bag up and put it on the street.  Fortunately, I heard it rustling around in there!

• Options

Oi.. Eddie Howe.  Stop sounding so embarrassed.

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    I've bought a Giant bike. I want to attach a pannier so googled "giant rack" and lost the rest of the evening.
  • Options

I actually have one of these bikes, a Kona Ute:

http://blogs.c.yimg.jp/res/blog-be-c0/trioga1035/folder/699186/98/24531098/img_0

When I said to the sales girl "that's a really big rack", she slapped me. What was that about?

(It is, incidentally, a brilliant bike).

• Options

Thanks Durham.

• Options

Your car is absolutely shite!

I ran 11 hilly miles this morning but that didn't hurt my quads half as much driving that heap of junk did - my left quad is completely shredded now... but at least we won the quiz.

• Options

Fate, karma, god(s)... whatever, eff-off and leave my parents alone!

Seriously - enough's enough now... I don't think we can take any more.

• Options

I know you're just making small talk while you cut my hair, but I really don't need your advice on nutrition and pacing strategy for my upcoming marathon, based on you having walked a half marathon 8 years ago.

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

(((Little Nell)))

• Options

Thank you Nessie, that's very kind. They're having an unbelievable on-going run of horrible health challenges.

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

No, I'm not going to call you on your mobile in feckin' Miami. Or anywhere. We can do this by email. After 20 years in the office, you join the union only when you're at risk of redundancy, and you think you have priority use of my time. I'll do what I can to help but take your place in the queue please.

• Options

Sober for October my arse.

If going without alcohol for 4 weeks is a challenge you need a doctor not sponsorship.

• Options
    MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭

Had it occurred to you that I might find it a little difficult to be around while you are interviewing for the job that is pushing me out?  And if you try to involve me in enthusing about what might happen in the future, don't look surprised when I shut you down and remind you that it's for the directors to talk about, and nothing to do with me.

• Options
    PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭

Bike shop staff, some of you...

1) ...are really good at your job, full of useful info without the hard sell, and I am happy to shop at your place

2) ...appear anxious to avoid talking to customers unless it is absolutely essential

3) ...are shockingly patronising towards those who are not experts on the intricacies of modern bike design.

4) ...seem to be members of a cult whose eyes glaze over with religious fervour when droning on about cassettes and changers - even when you haven't been asked about such things.

5) ...just want to talk about yourselves and your latest race PB, as if the customer is remotely interested.

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

So, Brexit "isn't having an effect, because the economy hasn't really collapsed, has it?".

Two things:

1. Have you checked the Euro and Dollar exchange rates at all

2. Do you realise we haven't actually left yet?

I don't know what is going to happen after we leave, but NEITHER DO YOU.  You are just quoting the Daily Hate headlines and talking as if you are the world authority on international trade.

SHUT THE HELL UP!

• Options

Going to New York tomorrow Nessie, the exchange rate was painful image

Could mean we are heading for Edinburgh next year though image

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

I want to give evidence. If they call me I can't really refuse and I don't care if you don't like it.

• Options

Do you really think it's a good idea to tell someone with severe depression that all of their medication is bad for them and they should stop taking it? Are you that f***ing stupid?!

• Options
    Screamapillar wrote (see)

Sober for October my arse.

If going without alcohol for 4 weeks is a challenge you need a doctor not sponsorship.

Taking a break from alcohol if you drink too much of it is a good idea, but expecting to be sponsored for it?! What are you going to do next, stop shaving your upper lip and expect money for that too?

• Options

Look Ms.Supermarket Retail Expert...  I NEED these dishwasher tablets.  I am not been fooled into buying them because of your wonderful "Half price" offer.  And yes, I did see them at their "Normal" price of £20 last week.

• Options

You have your views on Brexit, I have mine.  Stop trying to force your views down my throat.