Options

Crap at relationships

Comments

• Options

Are you sure it was that sort of exercise the physio suggested?  image

Wouldn't matter a bit to me if somebody was without a job, it's hardly a country of full employment these days. It's about people not about stuff or the money to buy stuff.

Work has been a bit of a stressy place today, picking up the pieces from the mayhem of the few days I've had off.  This job used to have a bit of a shine and I thrived on the variety and constant change, I'm beginning to think there can be too much 'excitement' at times.  Sorting the truth from the cya stories is a thankless task .....

• Options
    Some positive-sounding developments on the thread then! image
  • Options

How did the retreat go MF?  Did you learn all the secrets of relationships? And are you going to share them with us?

<sits on floor cushion and waits to be enlightened>

• Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    He's gone out for the evening!
  • Options
    It's OK, the cushion was comfy and I whiled away the time spending a gift voucher I'd forgotten I had image
  • Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    Lucky I took the day off to see him for the first time in two and a half weeks image
  • Options
    Well I hope you were suitable enlightened image
  • Options
    I can't quite find the joke about chakra, but it's in there somewhere.
  • Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭

I've been on one of those courses already.....

Chakra khan chakra khan?

• Options
    I feel for you Womble, I really do image
  • Options
    Any more of that sort of talk and we'll have Corrie getting his 80s disco boob tube and shiney trousers out of the wardrobe.
  • Options
    Think we should wait until Saturday night before let lose with the fever.
  • Options
    Ahh ahh ahhh ahhh stayin alive, stayin alive

(Forgot how tight these pants were)

Nice night!
  • Options
    Nice??? We need details!
  • Options
  • Options
    Tee hee - I love leaving you in suspenders image

Well, we've been on/off for the best part of two months and truthfully I didn't even know it- (We worked very closely on my travels) but cards were put on the table last night and we've sort of agreed we're an ongoing issue. Now, as to how do we deal with it?

I like her company, I like her smile, I like her sparkly eyes, her intelligence and conversation... and there's other stuff I like about her that I'm not going to discuss here *cough*

Now, as to the future and whether this has any legs - well, I don't have closed doors in my life (Which is probably why it's so drafty!) So, who knows.

All I know is, is the World seems a bit brighter this morning image
  • Options
    Oh and she decided that she's coming to Liverpool with me for the Marathon in October. (Whether I do it or not.. and to be honest it's extremely unlikely I'll be running it at the moment)
  • Options
    MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭

Morning,

Oooh, exciting news Corinth! Sounds like the home cooking did the job image

Also great to hear things went well with the family and friends, TP. There will always be some people who will never be satisfied, no matter what we do - those aren't worth worrying about.

Adorable doggy pics Frodo!

BDB, I agree with what others have said - if someone is right for you, then it won't matter how much money you have. One of my mates is in a similar situation, and he recently started a serious relationship...  it's done wonders for his confidence, and that in itself will probably help with everything else.

I think even people who are in relationships can feel that we're still crap at them sometimes. I had another wobble the other night - low mood, completely insecure and convinced that G didn't really want to be with me. He didn't get angry though, just held me and told me I had nothing to worry about. Yesterday I got a text saying that he knew I had training that evening, but he'd just had a change of plans and wondered if I was free to come over. Offered to cook, and insisted on picking me up at the station.

It's one thing finding someone who will put up with all my shit, but another to have found someone who will then do all they can to make me feel better. I feel very lucky.

We were meant to be going out on Saturday to celebrate the 13/08 (because his lucky number is 13 and mine is 8). We probably won't now because of the trouble in Brum, but if we don't I'm going to cook for him at mine instead to show him how appreciated he is.

• Options

Corrie how lovely. image  Fingers crossed. image

My exciting evening involved showering & shampooing a dog who had decided that rolling in shitty mud was a great way to round off the day... imageimage

• Options
    MO sounds like you've found a keeper. image
  • Options
    I had band practice last night. I seem to be involved in this beatles cover band. I am the bassist, which makes me sir paul. It's a train wreck waiting to happen. None of us is very good, but the singer particularly has problems, ie cannot sing. And, crucially, he doesn't know it.  He is busily trying to book us gigs at pubs. We are going to get things thrown at us. And I don't mean underwear.
  • Options
    MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭

I have indeed Nam image The sad thing is though that he lacks confidence, and thinks he's crap at relationships because people in the past haven't appreciated how he is... I make sure he knows otherwise from me though.

And eeeeeew to shitty mud!! What is it with dogs and rolling in stuff?!

MF - there are a lot of people like that out there, unfortunately. Can you not get out of it?

• Options
    Tickled Pink wrote (see)

How did the retreat go MF?  Did you learn all the secrets of relationships? And are you going to share them with us?

No, the secrets of relationships still elude me. I am still worthy of my place as a crapster.

I just had a long conversation with a family member this morning which ended with me telling them to f*** off. Such are my skills.

Retreats are good, and I learned a lot in fact, but then the real world and its many conflicts return

• Options
    "I think I'm gonna be sad... I think it's today.. yeeeah"

MF - try for the 'Matthew Street festival' next year - 100 Beatles Cover bands descend upon Liverpool... some are bloody awful - some are very good
  • Options
    MadameO wrote (see)

MF - there are a lot of people like that out there, unfortunately. Can you not get out of it?

Well, of course I can always leave. The question is timing. I'm learning a lot by playing with them. Playing with other people is a hundred times better practice than playing along with a recording, which covers up one's mistakes.

And I don't like to go back on commitments I've made.

Unless family pressures force me to drop out, ideally I'd want to stay with them to the first gig and see what happens. (I'm thinking the "chicken wire" thing from The Blues Brothers).

• Options
    Corinthian wrote (see)
    "I think I'm gonna be sad... I think it's today.. yeeeah"

MF - try for the 'Matthew Street festival' next year - 100 Beatles Cover bands descend upon Liverpool... some are bloody awful - some are very good
    Ta for that. We will be in the bloody awful section.
  • Options

Yay - another Crapsters success story.  Double wedding for TP and Corrinth?  I want a seat on the single ladies table please image

Great news mate - enjoy.

Mike - I'm sure you're being very modest.  Let me know where and when and if I can, I'll come along.  Thought I might have seen you and Womble at the weekend.  ToM dragged along to your club bbq , which was nice.

• Options

Or a quadrupole wedding with Frodo and MO too.  It would be massive.  I'll even put on a suit and clean socks image

• Options
    Wedding?!? EEK!

*Runs away to sea*
  • Options

For a minute there I thought you were suggesting that I might marry Corrie .... double eek!!  There are a lot of sharp things and dangerous drugs within arms reach here and they were beginning to look like a very good alternative image

I don't want to marry Frodo or Madame O either .... just for the record.

Oh and while we're at it, I don't want to marry S either although he would be perferable to the other 3 image