Options

Rotary Shakespeare MARATHON

Comments

• Options

D2D

Which park run is your local?

I did the park run in 22.24. It was a PB (ive never done a 5km before!). Finsbury is two loops with a healthy little hill included. There was 97 people on sat!

3.30 is calculated (if its possible) based on doing the stratford 1/2 last year in 1.39m, and being faster and fitter this year!

Go on sign up and stop deliberating.

• Options
    There are some great ones in the Cheshire area, Bramhall and Woodbank to name but 2.  Great events, all off road, with some nasty hills, nice speed work on a Saturday morning.  All free and get a shirt when hit 50 and 100 and a lovely jacket when you get 250.  22.29 as PB.  Proper guys all get under 16 though.  Seriously quick
  • Options

John Richards wrote (see)

All free and get a shirt when hit 50 and 100 and a lovely jacket when you get 250.

You make that sound quite easy John! 250 is 5 years solid parkrunning, think there's only one guy got 250 so far isn't there!

I should get my 50 in about 3 months, I do Heaton every week, definitely recommend it.

• Options
    All this talk of 3:30 think I'm going to join the club too. I did 1h34 at the GNR last year and 1h37 at a Half a couple of weeks ago so should be doable...
  • Options

I think if I had to drive to do a 5km run, I probably wouldnt bother. Its only because its just down the road that it works.

D2D - Being from the southern hemisphere, I prefer running in warmer weather. Thats why ive joined a gym this winter, to hide from the cold. Im starting to second guess which is the lesser of two weevils - the cold or the treadmill!,

There is a Garmin ready sub 3.30 training program on Runners World, handy even if you dont have a garmin.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/racing/rws-garmin-ready-marathon-schedule-sub-330/2764.html

Its claims that to achieve sub 3.30 you should eventually be able to run a 1/2 in 1.37 and a 10km in 43m.

Mike you are in.

D2D you are in.

John, you must be around the mark?

My best recorded 10km is an XC 46.08 on the back of a tri. And I ran a 1.41 1/2M in a long distance tri last sept.

Any one else thinking 3.30?????

• Options
    Peter Hibberd wrote (see)
    Its claims that to achieve sub 3.30 you should eventually be able to run a 1/2 in 1.37 and a 10km in 43m.

Oh no, that's just about my current speed, pressures on me then!

But that wasn't on the hottest day of the year I suppose image

• Options
    Peter, I ran a 1.37 in the Conwy Half Marathon, so theoretically I should be.  However, I've yet to do my 1st marathon, so I've no idea what my time will be.  Hopefully a sub 4, but initial aim is to finish
  • Options
    Anything under 4:30 okay for me.  Last 2 in 2007 (hottest ever FLM) & 2008 (very warm halstead) were around 4:50ish.  My other 5 Ms were all under 4:30 but over 4.
  • Options
    GraemeKGraemeK ✭✭✭
    3.30 is my target off a 44.38 10k and a steady paced 1h44 half. Good winter training and the weather gods smiling on the 8th May please... Then again it's my first marathon so I'll settle on 3:45 or if it's very hot, 4.
  • Options

OMG All this talk of times makes me feel nervousimage

I did the London Marathon last year in 3hr 57mins, I'm quite confident(at this moment) that I will be able to do the RSM in 3.45!!!!  My training plan is a mixture of the garmin 3.30 and 3.45 plan and also some club runs incorporated into the plan.

I'm up for a training run in Stratford if anyone is planning oneimage

• Options
    It's great to set targets but remember to be flexible - all too often I've read on Marathon threads that people are upset and disappointed for not hitting their targets by this or that much after all their training.

Only in my first marathon did I set a goal of 4 hrs and I could see it slipping away but since then it';s just finishing!

Been out for a run this morning and did about 7 miles and it was very good. I hope to do about 13 - 15 on Sunday as there is no really local race this weekend.
  • Options

Lots of things can happen between now and May so I know where your coming from.

I have a Plan A-E, As long as I do the best I can on the day then that is good enough for me. Thats what I should be saying but I always put pressure on myself and want to do better!!!!

• Options
    The weekend plan has gone now - I've just found a FREE 10K in Sutton Park on Saturday, so I could do that with some others good and fast then perhaps a few miles on top gentle!
  • Options
    GraemeKGraemeK ✭✭✭
    You got a link for that please Mike?
  • Options
    In events, British Military fitness, look under Midlands and 10K. Only appeared yesterday

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/viewevent.asp?sp=&v=1&EN=60638&ms=

might have to cut and past that

They call it sutton park fun run
  • Options
    Bit far from me (Lancashire) for a training run, make sure you tell us about it though!
  • Options
    There is a half at long Marsden I think in March - must go down the greenway.

Looking last night at my garmin results I notice how some routes I think of as quite hilly really aren't that hilly. I note the half I did on New years day was actually very hilly indeed , even is it was the same hill four times. I can't really see myself running up an down any local hill that many times - with the best will in the world I'd be bored stiff!

What we need is the list of possible races before RSM in a 60 mile radius of RSM.

Stourbridge stagger 10 mile XC is the first major one I think , a local 10K before that also XC , in shifnall too.
  • Options

Training run: 

Divine_Wind

D2D
    Gazelle

• Options
    No, not just you D2D. I'll see you at both although will probably just be seeing you disappearing into the distance
  • Options
    At the moment, although after hardly running for 2 months my calves are not happy with the step up in mileage. Quite happy as don't seem to have lost too much fitness, even with christmas excesses.
  • Options
    Ah, but Abo wasn't a goal, just ended up with the place so thought I'd see if I could do it on only 3 days a week training. May have made it but other pre-planned stuff meant I wouldn't have been prepared correctly.

This year it is a goal so will be approaching it in the right frame of mind and basing other races etc around that
  • Options
    I'm on holiday for the next 2 weeks so serious training for this can start when I get back, I'll have 14 weeks I reckon, yikes!
  • Options
    Not done RSM before, would like to get 3:45 but I don't do hot. MK would hope for under 1:45, then if I make it see if I can push it a bit more at White Horse Half in April