Options

Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

Comments

• Options

@ Toby3 cheers and i will do.

It's over 3 months since i was running a pretty good 8k loop in the country side near where i live and i can't believe (actually i can!) the amount of weight i've gained and how unfit i've become.

@ 3.30 probably 60% of my route to work will be off road on single and fire tracks through woodland. Thats my motivation, plus the fact that to begin with i'll only have to do it one way as the gf works in the same place so can get a lift back!

• Options

Well ended up doing 8 on the treadmill as it was chucking it down here today while watching Kung Fu Panda on DVD the O/H has 10 miles to do tomorrow so the plan at the moment is to run down to the park run do the park run and then run home taking in a loop of the docks

• Options

Afternoon all

Well 10 miles done with O/H we ran down to our local park run did  the park run then a big loop to finish the mileage off she did al right until about mile 8 and then she struggle  a bit

• Options

hI all ...another end to a great week!

Booktrunk ...that milage is adding up...well done!

Paul T that weight will drop off in no time at all...

Hackett...hope your ankle lets up...good luck...

Sorry for the lack of posts...just too hot and bothered to be erh 'bothered'...

Weekly roundup:

7 x runs (2 were jogs with g/f), total 31.76 mi, total time 4:37'24, average pace 8'44/mi, 3616calories., 21.48mi on road & 3.82 trail. only 4 gasmask runs this week.

Did my first ever run barefoot 2.94miles...not bad...reason have starting running in Merrell Barefoot road gloves and noticed that I am getting wear on one of my heels on the shoe, so running barefoot was just a way to assess how I was striking and is a way to learn how not to heel strike.

Just as a matter of intrest, have started using music at 180bpm and trying to match that in my cadence...result...my spilts are faster that previously...

Broke both my 1mi & 1km pbs twice this week...just now have to work on some more distance work.

So enough of the gloating...good luck to everyone this week...whatever your goal is.

Cheersimage

Dave.

• Options

morning all

well may try another 8 today as i only have a couple of week full training left before the taper leading up to the GNR have 13 to do on Friday then will go out with O/H all being well on Saturday as she has 11 miles to do

• Options

Well 8 miles done today no idea how fast as battery died in my Gramin have received my race pack today only to find my name is spelt wrong they have me  as AALN oh such is life

• Options

Morning,

Can I join you please?  Weighed in this morning at 12st 4lb goal is 10st.  Training for autumn marathon, due to injury I have not run in two weeks, going to run tonight and see what happens, fingers crossed!

• Options

Morning all. Been quiet on here lately due to a) injury, b) visitors, c) a walk up Snowdon yesterday.

My hip injury seems to be OK now so I'm going to risk a run at lunchtime - the first time I've run in over a week. Fingers crossed.

Welcome to the new peeps, and congrats to everyone who's getting out there, setting PBs, running barefoot, training for marathons, etc, etc.

• Options

Just 3 for me today then may well cycle to work as the wife needs the car tonight or may be lazy and get her to take me and then just walk home

Word glad to read the hip seems Ok hope the run goes Ok

Running for me welcome to our happy band of losers good luck with the weight loss I’m 12st 4 at the moment and that seems to be as low as i can get for any length of time would however love to drop to 11st and to be honest since the thread started have fluctuated from 11st 10lbs  to 12st 8lbs but never getting back to my start weight of 13st 4lbs

• Options

Thanks, Toby. Pleased to say the 8k was slow but steady and pain free. Fingers crossed it lasts! image

• Options

Morning all            

Well home safe and sound in the end was lazy got the wife to take me in and then walked home gym session for me today

• Options

Hello everyone,

-3 lbs this week. Not sure how, as i've eaten a bit more then usual but slowly upping the milage and doing some walking as well. Ran 35+ km, and walked 15 km+.

Total -54 in 22 weeks.  Only .5 lb away from loosing 25% of my bodyweight from March this year, and 2 lbs away from 4 stone loss.  Ghod it's worth it I have so much more energy, and am getting so many compliments at work.  I've been very dull hardly going out and stuff, but I just feel so much better so worth it.

• Options

That's excellent booktrunk. I've lost around half a stone since getting back into my running and i too find i have more energy and generally don't feel sluggish at work or out and about.

My next weigh in will be friday, however I do say ''Fit first, fat second''....the weight loss is necessary but also so is my fitness and overall health.

Keep at it.

• Options

well the gym sessions not going to happen got up to late will have to do it tomorrow or may count the 3 mile walk home this morning as training done

• Options
    Evening, folks,

Good work Booktrunk and Paul T. Doesn't being lighter and fitter make a real difference to your sense of well being? I also agree with 'fit first fat second' - but I think the two go hand in hand. I'm struggling to lose weight but I'm looking thinner, more toned and I'm a smaller waist size - all down to running changing my shape I think.

Went out for a ten miler this evening, which felt really comfortable. It also gave me an excuse to indulge at the chippy...
  • Options
    Hi Toby , words linger n everyone. Yes I feel do much better about myself, cannot explain it really, as I am still the same "me" if you know what I mean.

I am still loud, sweary, and a bit of a bossy bitch. image

Took a sneak peak on the scales today, and I'm there only needed to loose a bit not official until my Wednesday weigh in, but I've now lost 25% of my body weight -54.5 lbs in just over 5 months. I was 15st 8, and today 11st 9.4

People say they cannot recognise me now. Size 22/24 down to a size 12 image love diet and love the running even more.
  • Options

Booktrunk - you have done amazing, well done, be very proud of yourself image

Not been on for a while hope you are all good and running loads

I have been running loads but just not putting the long runs in image which is not good considering I have Lake Vyrnwy HM on 9th Sept image panicking a tad image going to attempt to get a long one over the weekend

Hoping to maybe get a holiday booked in the next few days, probably Fuerteventura for a week early October image OH can windsurf to his hearts content while I sunbathe, read and run of course image

Maybe booking a holiday might push me to lose those couple of pounds to get under 10 stone image I know I know still not done it image

• Options

Another 3lbs gone this week for me. So 10 in total since getting back into my running.

I keep telling myself how much faster/easier my routes will be when I'm another 40-50lbs lighter.  

• Options

imageimage +2bls for me this week imageimage

• Options

Don't be to hard on yourself Toby, i'm sure our weight fluctuates quite a bit weekly so its best to concentrate on the overall trend.

• Options

Afternoon all

Perfect running weather down here today overcast and cool should have done 13 miles but for the first time in weeks the run felt easy

i had already decided to run the route i use when training for Brighton as the first 9 miles takes you away from home which i thought was a good idea as i have struggled at the end of the last few runs and the route i normally use takes me to close to home and the temptation to knock it on the head if it was going badly would be to great

I got to mile 10 and as i still felt alright in myself instead of turning for home decided to run along the docks and come back that way thinking it was about the same distance which proved to b e a sight miss calculation on my part as by the time i got to the end of the docks i had done 11.5 and it was still about 2 miles from home

any way run was still feeling good buy the time i got to mile 13.5 but to get home from there meant going up a steep hill which to be honest i didn’t fancy so came back the slightly longer way through our local woods which is flatter and finishing at the bottom of a path that i use as a stopping point on my 8 miles runs as it leads up and out of the woods and comes out more or less at the bottom of my road i use the walk as a cool down

in the end i ended up doing 15 miles the whole thing took 2:27:14 with an Avg pace of 9:46 which i was pleased about as i was aiming to keep the pace in the 9,s hand one disappointing 11m/m don’t know what happen there

out with the O/H tomorrow to keep her company as she has 12 to do

Paul thanks for that but to be honest i seem to get to about 12st 4lbs and then really struggle to get any lower

• Options

Just back in from an 11 miler which, if I'm honest, I didn't really enjoy. I think it was just one of those runs when nothing seems to go right. I struggled to find my comfortable pace, cramped up in my left leg a couple of times, had a stitch, and basically just grumbled my way around tthe route.

Still, it's done, and that means there's only one more run left this week - tomorrow's 20 mile plod...

Paul - congrats on the weight loss.

Booey - you'll be fine for the HM, and I bet booking the holiday really does spur you on to shift those last few lbs.

Toby - have you thought about mixing up your trianing a bit with some high intensity workouts? Fartleks and sprint training is supposed to shock the body into burning more calories, isn't it? Not that I've ever done it, but it may give you that boost you're looking for.

Weigh day tomorrow, but not expecting great things. Oh, and my Berlin Marathon race number and info came through yesterday. 36 days now... gulp.

• Options

Evening all

Well what a wonderful day for a run just back after going out with the O/H on her LSR she had 11 to today so we decided to use our 3 mile loop around the docks as it a nice run with plenty of toilets available

we started off really well and she was maintaining the walk 5 run 5 that she intends to use for Brighton really well and so we decided that as the day was just about perfect and it was a bank holiday which meant plenty of rest time that we would try 13.1 miles as she running the Cricklade H/M in October to see if she could do the distance and give her that mental boost of knowing she could

happy to report the 13.1 miles was achieved in a time of 3:30:03 with an Avg pace of 15:5 m/m which is a vast improvement on last week’s 10 mile run which only had an Avg pace of 17:10 m/m and she managed to keep up her run 5 walk 5 all the time

• Options
    Toby that is brilliant congrats to your OH.

I did similar my first 15 miler today.
  • Options

booktrunk and to you on your 15 mile's

• Options

157.5lbs this morning, pretty happy with that.  16 miles for me on Saturday morning, longest run to date; intended on a pace of arounf 9:45-10:00 per mile, but really had a spring in my step and ended up with an average of 9:15 per mile.  Last 3 miles hurt quite a bit, but I kept my pace constant, so very pleased.

Headed up Slieve Donard on Sunday, the weather was fine, a great wee dander, and magnificent views at the summit.

• Options

Finally got below 12st, now 11st 12lb and now I've started C25K at long last I'm hoping to be well below 11st by Christmas. Oink!

• Options

Hi all

I can't remember the last time I posted but it seems like months ago! Lots of excellent running going on as well which is good news for everybody concerned. I had two weeks holiday during the olympics during which I did a bit of running but lots of eating and drinking and managed to put on 1/2 stone. I'm pleased to say that all of that bar one pound has now gone again. I managed 10.5 miles this morning but it was a real stryggle and I actually stopped before I reached home due to stomach cramps.

Keep up the good work all.