Options

Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

Comments

• Options

Afternoon, folks.

The run to work went well, but sitting down for the rest of the day hasn't been great for the legs. Also, I could do with curling up under my desk for a snooze now...

Sorry for the short post. More tomorrow!

• Options

Hi Guys and Gals, soz I have been soooooo busy at work

Words - well done on your mamouth 20 miler, thats great image

I have managed to get out for a short run everynight this week, last night I left till 8 and it was very pleasant.  I shall do the same tonight or maybe even later with this lovely hot day we are having image

Weighed this am. and was 10'2.75 and my body fat was the lowest its been since I started running, so all in all am pleased.  Still want to see the scales under 10 but I know thats just down to me and a bit of effort

Have a great weekend everyone image

• Options

weighed today came in at 12st 3lbs which is what i was 2 weeks ago so although i didn't loss as much as i hoped this week it's not all bad news no running today as went to the dentist but will go out with O/H tomorrow for a 8 miler

• Options

Did 8 miles with the O/H went OK she struggled towards the end and at that pace it will take her 3.5hrs which is worrying her a bit for the cricklade H/M but a said that as she gets more use to though distances hopefully she get quicker

• Options

Afternoon, all.

Very tired, very achy legs today - and that was before I set off for a run. It's been a pretty heavy week, running-wise, and today's 18 miler brings my total to just a fraction short of 50 miles in a week - and the most I've ever run in a seven day period. Ever. Must be this Olympics lark inspiring me...

Today's long run was slow and quite painful towards the end though - little stabbing pains in my right leg (mainly in my calf and thigh, but also right into my glutes). Felt a bit like sciatica, but I'm putting it down to running for the moment.

On the plus side, 3lbs off this week. Yay!

And, finally: Mo Farah - what a legend!

• Options

40 miles for me this last week, like you Words, feeling drained.  Did a 2.5 hour run today, covered 14.4 miles, was a real struggle the last 45 minutes, but kept a consistent pace.  Miles in legs and in the mind all in the bank!  I have had a pain in my lower calfachilles since last Sunday, so I think I'll skip all my midweek runs and see if it sorts itself, it was really on my mind the whole of my run today.  Was expecting a big loss when I weighed in tomorrow, but was famished after my run and have been packing the calories away, so who knows.

Huge respect for all the Olympic athletes, I know there are no amatures anymore, but if you compare their funding to what the big professional sportsmen get, they might as well be.  A lot of dedication and dignity on show these past two weeks.

• Options

morning all

will try another 8 miles today with just 6 weeks now to the GNR i need to build the mileage up a bit  apparently Mo is running the GNR i let him beat me as i would'nt want to show him upimage (LOL)

• Options

Sorry to be AWOL for most of the week...just been doing other thingsimage

Some fantastic work going on by you guys & gals...just too many to mention individually so please don't be offended that I have not mentioned your 'greatness'

This weeks rundown: x 6 runs.

1x Jog with o/h, 5 training runs of which 4 were wearing the gasmask.

34.33miles, totaltime 5:21'50, av pace 9,24/mi, all but 5,14/mi were road. 3859 calories burned running.

Loving my Merrel barefoot run gloves with each mile...considering getting the trail version too....loved the whole barefoot thing so much I worked in my bare feet all yesterday...

Supposed to run 6 runs this week according to my 10week schedule but I am going to change the schedule to only 5 days running.  My job is very physical and I think that in combination with the heat it is 'getting' to me and so rather have 4 or 5 good runs than 6 of lesser effort.

So all in all a great week...hope everyone beats their 'impossible'....image

Ignore the brandname but the message is oh so real

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHFhGDWP9Fs&feature=relmfu

• Options

158lbs this morning, that's 3 off for the week! image

• Options

Wow and it's only Monday...this time next week you'll be 120lb soaking wet...image well done...

• Options

JLB well done on the weight loss

Dave loved the the video

as for me I'm a 1lb up on last week start weight image 

• Options

Afternoon all

Well 8 miles done funny sort of weather raining at times but very muggy and humid i did start off with hat and light running jacket on but they were soon both discarded and the jacket ended up tide around my waist the whole run took 1:19:38 with an Avg pace of 9:40m/m and the 4thslowest time i done it in

Will have to come to terms with the fact the days of the sub 2 hr H/M are over image not if i can help it image

• Options

Hi Toby...seem to be struggling to get anything near to a decent time at the moment..this hot and humid weather is really slowing me down and you too...I suppose thats the penalty for all year round running.

Anyone else get affected by the heat?, being a newb runner I have nevfer focused on times/paces etc so this time around I am noticing same routes can be affected so much by the weather...any old hands got any advice?

Cheers

Dave.

Ignore the brand...funny running video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=iozZTJB2XOw

• Options
    I feel the heat as well. I have ended up going out earlier or later than before was meant to run 12k last Thursday started at 5:15pm only did 8. managed 20k on Sunday (my longest run) but had to start around 7. Even then wished I had gone earlier
  • Options

It's 81deg out and 92,5 on the humidex scale so I am not running today...it's just silly...

• Options

afternoon all

well 4 miles done today no idea of the time as i forgot to turn my Garmin back on when i stop at the turn around point to stretch only no it took me 20 minutes to do the 2 miles

it was hot out there today but a nice clean heat not the muggy stuff we've been having

watch both the men's and the women's marathon and have to say i can't believe how badly both the male and female Kenyan  miss judged it as they had both won  the London marathonas this year as the commentator said their so used to having a pace maker do it for them they have no idea when it comes to doing it them self's

• Options
    Dave Anderson 5 wrote (see)

It's 81deg out and 92,5 on the humidex scale so I am not running today...it's just silly...

Well I tried to go to the gym on the treadmill, completed just under a mile and sacked it!, just do not like treadmills, nothing to see...just boring plodding like a hamster...went home and did the required 6mile as per the schedule and beat my 1km & 1mile and nearly hit my 10k pb...so a good day after all...

• Options
    Another two lbs lighter. 11st 13lbs. Hurrah, first time in the 11s for around 15 plus years. 51 lbs in 21 weeks gone.
  • Options

chucking it down here today it's a good job i was going in the garage for a gym session

Dave i have a treadmill in the garage but we've cheated and set up a TV and DVD player so i can whatch a film as i plod away

Booktrunk well done on the weight loss and a great big congratulations to you for getting in the 11st range

Word forgive my rudeness meant to say that's pretty impressive mileage well done you i think the heaviest week i had when training for Brighton was about 51 but that was right at the end before the taper set in

• Options

Hello again.

Think I overdid it a bit last week: I've had hip pain since my long run on Sunday and haven't managed to get out for a plod since. It's easing now, but I think I'll rest up for another couple of days to give it a chance to heal properly. Not ideal given I'm in the heavy part of the marathon training, but I reckon that as I know I can run 20 miles, I should be OK for the marathon on 30 Sept with another couple of long runs between now and then.

Having a week off from running doesn't bode well for the waistline though...

Some good running going on (and weight coming off) there, folks: well done and keep going!

• Options

Hi all

Mind if I tag along seems that some of you here are marathon training - well done all - where you running.

Just starting (yet another) comeback and I only at 3 miles at the mo !! Have run 11 Londons and would love to do another marathon maybe Loch Ness as I am now in Scotland but have applied for London 2013 -  ambitious I know !!. I am fed up of being overwight and constantly struggling into Jeans - I refuse to buy a 36 inch waist  and so live in jogging bottoms

Last weighed myself 1/8 and am 13.1 st and 27% body fat. I am disgusted with myself especially the belly area. So its back to the running and want to get down to around 11st 7lb and the lower reaches normal body fat (I am classed as overweight now so want to get down to around 24% which is still high end of "normal" then see how I feel.

Frustrating only doing 3 at the moment but must curb my enthusiasm !!

• Options

Hi 3:30 or Bust.

Leicester on 14th october for me.  Everyone will be able to tell which I am... I'm the one that is going to be last, but just inside the 6h.

• Options

Booktrunk

Thanks. Hows the training going - building up the long runs ?

• Options

A bit... 20k last Sunday.  My plan has me doing short every other week then longer. so shorter this weekend, then 24, short, 28, short, 32, taper... not sure if it's enough long so the shorter ones (12k) i'm thinking of upping in distance quite a bit. But i'm getting there.

• Options

Had a rest day yesterday and have 8 to do today and then i expect I’ll go out with the O/H on Saturday to keep her company as she has 9 to do

3:30 or Bust welcome to our happy band of losers I’ve applied for London again this year all be it only the second time wasn’t successful last year but i have run the Brighton marathon for the last 3 years and am due to running it again next year hope the weight loss goes well

Booktrunk i was due to run the Leicester marathon back in 2010 but got injured and in the end ended up doing their H/M instead only really chose it because the daughter was at uni there at the time she has since left but stayed in Leicester

• Options

Recently got back into running (again) and have shifted 1/2 a stone. Only another 10 halves to go!

• Options

Good luck with it Paul - runnings great to get the weight off

• Options

Cheers 3.30. my goal is to run to work. (i have run to work about 3 years ago approx 12K). i'm about the same distance away but in another town so hopefully next summer........

• Options

Paul welcome keep us posted on how it's going

• Options

Paul

When I was a running nut I used to run to and from work - good way of getting the miles in and a lot better than sitting in traffic jams !!